Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the Beelink GT1_111M0 official release to refresh OpenGApps and pull SuperSU. (They removed it from the OEM firmware a while back, and there were some folks who thought it should be optional.) I also updated some vendor DRM libraries to enable video playback in "regular" Netflix. (Unfortunately, the Android TV version of Netflix still has no workaround for units without Level 1 Widevine certification.)

Comment

last version i noticed that youtube only was in hd not uhd when playing 4K ....in celerons rom it is uhd when playing 4K ....am i right? how about this new release?

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
        last version i noticed that youtube only was in hd not uhd when playing 4K ....in celerons rom it is uhd when playing 4K ....am i right? how about this new release?
        Asked and answered in this thread.

Comment

I saw your rom and other roms for s92 alfwaise, that helped me choose s92, I just bought it and can't wait to try your rom

Comment

What is "regular netflix " in new update ? does it play hd with regular Netflix app

Comment

Originally posted by mrdigit420 View Post
              What is "regular netflix " in new update ? does it play hd with regular Netflix app
              Well, the "regular" Netflix, is the one designed for tablets and phones...not the one designed for Android TV. And while neither variant will play HD video without Widevine Level 1 certification, the Android TV version won't even play 720p or 480p on devices that aren't on its white list and will report, ""We're having trouble playing this title right now". (This includes the Xiaomi Mi Box, apparently, but I don't have one to confirm.)

This fix just allows you to sideload the non-ATV version of Netflix, allowing you to play SD video beyond the 10-12 seconds before you'd otherwise receive a "tvq-pm-100" error.

Comment

Perfect Thank you

Comment

Thanks a lot for this,  this is awesome. I just got mine and after using the original firmware for a bit this is a big improvement.

Comment

There will be a way to change the resolution of the twrp to be a 480ppx rca resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by BLeaCHeR View Post
                      There will be a way to change the resolution of the twrp to be a 480ppx rca resolution?
                      They actually deprecated the hardcoded resolution and now do this by theme. I'm set to "handscape_hdpi", which should be pretty flexible. I think the problem you're hitting is the Philips/RCA bug, where the display doesn't handle the forced RGB_565 pixel format. I don't know what the work around is for that.

Comment

Hi Magendanz, can i install this rom on a tx8 android box please?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnyto View Post
                          Hi Magendanz, can i install this rom on a tx8 android box please?
                          The Tanix TX8 is based on the Amlogic q201 reference board, and so it should work with this custom ROM if you use the burn package (not the OTA update). As always, the usual caveats apply to installing on untested hardware, but I believe that the TX8 is also using the same Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipset. Your biggest risk is that the remote won't work, in which case you can update the remote.conf and the only issue will be that you'd have to press another key ("2"?) for cold power-up.

Comment

Can I just say Magendanz this rom is working perfectly for me on my t95U ( sometimes badged as sunvell I think). As I have a 9377wifi module i was not able to use supercelerons rom that was made for my device and I didn't hold out much hope for this but it works perfectly out the box.

Streaming hd TV channels locally with great smoothness at the moment. Just noticed the standard remote isn't working but I'm using a wireless one so that's fine but I also backed up the remote.conf from the previous install so I'm all good.

Great work. Thanks for all the time you put in creating and supporting this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_E View Post
                              Can I just say Magendanz this rom is working perfectly for me on my t95U ( sometimes badged as sunvell I think). As I have a 9377wifi module i was not able to use supercelerons rom that was made for my device and I didn't hold out much hope for this but it works perfectly out the box.
                              Thanks, Matt! I think the Sunvell wins the prize for shipping with the greatest variety of wireless chipsets, and so it's been a bit of a moving target. Lucky that yours matched the GT1/S92 specs so closely.

Comment

I've lost SPDIF passthrough in SPMC with latest update (based on 111) (( Is it only me?

Actually with "Passthrough output device" set to "Android, RAW Passthrough" video playback is stuttering (and it took me some time to connect this issue to sound setting). And with IEC there is no sound at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X