Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joelkolb View Post
    Would you mind sharing or pointing me to any of the files you used like the custom gapps-config files, the custom TVStock TWRP installer you made, as well as some more details on modifications to settings, TVsettings, build.prop, SystemUI, framework, etc?
    I'd be happy to share the gapps-config files. You can already grab the build.prop and custom APKs from my ROMs, so it doesn't seem like there's much point in packaging up those. The modifications I make to the APKs and framework would probably be worth documenting at some point, but who has the time for such things? :-)

UPDATE: Added gapps-config files for Nano and Stock variants.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      I'd be happy to share the gapps-config files. You can already grab the build.prop and custom APKs from my ROMs, so it doesn't seem like there's much point in packaging up those. The modifications I make to the APKs and framework would probably be worth documenting at some point, but who has the time for such things? :-)
      OK, I appreciate whatever I can get. Thanks.

Comment

Magendanz is the man!! Always willing to help and very friendly.

Comment

megendanz sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you knew why it doesn't show the superuser app on the play store to download with the restock. It shows the pro version but not the real one. I know the rom is still rooted but you mention being able to download it from the play store in your first post but not been able to find it. Or is it because it is the TV stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_E View Post
            I was wondering if you knew why it doesn't show the superuser app on the play store to download with the restock. It shows the pro version but not the real one. I know the rom is still rooted but you mention being able to download it from the play store in your first post but not been able to find it. Or is it because it is the TV stock?
            Well, it seems odd that they'd block SuperSU from the Google Play Store for Android TV, since we know it works (and even shows up in the Android TV Launcher). However, you can always download it directly from Chainfire on their website here.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and link to the site. Also really odd that they offer the pro version for 2.99 still while blocking the real one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_E View Post
                megendanz sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you knew why it doesn't show the superuser app on the play store to download with the restock. It shows the pro version but not the real one. I know the rom is still rooted but you mention being able to download it from the play store in your first post but not been able to find it. Or is it because it is the TV stock?
                I don't have the answer to why this is but I can tell you my experience and how I worked around the problem. I tried sideloading the APK but on launch I got a message stating something like there was no SU binary and it can't be installed. I then tried the latest release of the TWRP flashable version but I got errors during flash about patching the bootloader if I'm remembering correctly. Then I went back to the v2.46 flashable version which is before all this systemless root stuff became a thing, which I believe was related to the issues I had flashing the current release. That worked. Then I updated to the latest release with the sideloaded APK.You can get the v2.46 flashable zip from the link.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the extra info joelkolb. When I get down to the box later I will go through the steps and try again. Got to admit though I'm just glad to have a box that's so responsive compared to the original stock firmware that came with it. Been trying for months to get one that worked with my wifi chip. So glad I took the plunge and tried this.

Comment

Guest just got my box today, I downloaded your ROM unpacked it and added leanback keyboard and it works fine with the IR remote the box came with.

the only issue I see is that it won't work with my air mouse remote, button presses are not recognised. is this the same as what you experienced ?

I've not checked other non ir remotes so don't know if its just mine.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                      [USER="82661"]...the only issue I see is that it won't work with my air mouse remote, button presses are not recognised. is this the same as what you experienced?
                      Third-party remotes are going to be hit and miss, since the unit can't know every possible IR code set. The better ones just use a USB dongle and do HID keyboard emulation.

Comment

Yeah the air mouse I have uses USB dongle, it worked with the shield on the leanback keyboard when the pointer was turned off but not on here. It works like normal everywhere but not the keyboard. Its not an issue for me though as the IR remote is working ok.

Was just wondering what problems you where having with the leanback keyboard ? I was expecting it not to work

Comment

Can I have your opinions please..I ordered a Minix A2 remote (with built in speaker and microphone) to use with my Bellini GT1 with this ROM, and it arrived today. On attempting to use it I've noted the sound is automatically routed through the remote in all circumstances, making it useless for watching videos. I've tried the Function Key + > to disable the speaker, but it is renabled as soon as a sound is played on Android TV. I've looked in the Android audio settings, but there doesn't seem to be any suitable option to disable audio over USB. So I eventually found this option in Developer options, but disabling this option also disables the microphone, which is a useful feature.
                          Does anyone have any suggestions or can any change be made to this ROM to make it compatible with this remote?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                            Yes. It should be as simple as just installing my OTA update (.zip file) via TWRP. Of course, flashing the burn package would be the safer bet, but that would do a data wipe.
                            I tried to flash the burn package using TWRP, but since it is an img file I only had the option to flash the boot, recovery or logo partition.

Is there any other way of flashing the burn package using TWRP?

Comment

I finally flashed this ROM using the bootcardMaker,

I have one issue, I can't connect the google Android TV remote app, I can see my GT1 listed, but selecting it fails to connect with out any error or explanation.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeto View Post
                                I tried to flash the burn package using TWRP, but since it is an img file I only had the option to flash the boot, recovery or logo partition. Is there any other way of flashing the burn package using TWRP?
                                No, you can only flash the burn package using USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker. It's confusing because the .img file extension is used for both for Amlogic burn packages (which contain all partitions) and a partition image (which contains just one partition, in either raw or sparse format). TWRP can only flash the single partition images.

Comment

Working...
                                X