Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joelkolb View Post

I have a TX8 Max running this ROM very well. That box is also based on the q201 board. I believe the only difference between the TX8 and the TX8 Max is the Max has more RAM and a different WiFi chip. I had to flash the 6255 WiFi driver package from the OP to get WiFi working. You wouldn't even need that. The issues I have are that the included remote didn't work for me after flashing. If you backup your remote.conf file from your stock ROM you can replace it after flashing this ROM to get it working again, mostly. You still won't be able to power on the box from a cold state using the remote, though. This I believe is due to the code for the Beelink remote's power button being coded into the bootloader, which is separate from the codes in the remote.conf file. I had the idea of flashing the stock ROM back to get the stock bootloader back and then using DD to back it up and restore it after re-flashing this ROM but all that is a risky proposition.

Also, I have issues in a few apps with certain elements of the UI not displaying but I'm not sure if that is an issue caused by running this ROM on this box.

But besides some minor annoyances that can be easily overlooked, this ROM works great on the TX8 Max and should work great on the TX8 as well.
    Guest & joelkolb
    Hey
    Thanks for your help. I have 6255 WiFi AP with 2Go/32Go S912 TX8 I dont know if this is Max or not this is not specified. but I'm little afraid to test this rom. However it sound good excepted On/Off power and few things with remote.
    Anyways thanks for your answers

My box : https://www.amazon.ca/Dafana-2016-An...1&keywords=tx8

Comment

Really would like to give your ROM a go, however I can't get through installation.

First I flashed the entire ROM (GT1_111M0_TVStock-20170523.img - 838mb) using the USB burning tool and all went good. Then, since I have an AP6255/A912 model, I first booted into TWRP using a toothpick and try to flash the WiFi patch. But I get the error...

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.product.device") == "q201_9377" which I'm guessing is trying to tell me I have the other model.

When I try to boot up, I get to the set up screen, but since there's no WiFi I can't progress any further. I also tried it without flashing the patch and get the same result as you'd expect.

I definitely have the AP6255 chip as I've had to flash patches for it before when using Superceleron's ROMs.

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Hello,
        Just installed today's update on my GT1 and can't anymore set volume up or down with remote...
        And sometimes I have an error "system interface stopped" with Ok and Report buttons (interface du système in french)
        Thank you
        Last edited by madeesseetmoi; 05-23-2017, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post

Guest & joelkolb
          Hey
          Thanks for your help. I have 6255 WiFi AP with 2Go/32Go S912 TX8 I dont know if this is Max or not this is not specified. but I'm little afraid to test this rom. However it sound good excepted On/Off power and few things with remote.
          Anyways thanks for your answers

My box : https://www.amazon.ca/Dafana-2016-An...1&keywords=tx8
          mikele, that is the not the Max variant but I am 99% sure that the the standard box uses the same board as the Max, which is the same board as the Beelink GT1, and that board is the q201. To double check download CPU-Z onto your box from the Play store and see what it says, I believe in the revision field on the SOC tab. If it says q201 you're golden.

I have also gotten the remote to work 100%. First, you need to copy the file 'remote.conf' from /system/etc from your box running the stock firmware. Copy it onto a flash drive and then after flashing Magendanz' ROM and rooting copy the file from your flash drive back into /system/etc overwriting the existing file and reboot. This will replace the codes for the GT1 remote with the codes for the TX8 remote. That will get the remote working under Android.

To get the remote working to boot the box from a cold powered off state this is what you have to do. First you need to download a copy of the stock firmware image for the TX8, the Magendanz ROM and download and install the Amlogic Customization Tool (link below). It will be in Chinese when you first run it. Click on the middle/second menu at the top of the window and then click on the first menu item. This will switch it to English. Then click on the 'Load' button. Click on the first 4 check boxes under the section at the top (Level Low(Unpack first Image level)) and click OK. Find your copy of the Magendanz image in the browser window that pops up and wait for the message that it has finished unpacking. Open an explorer window and browse to the folder where you installed the Customization tool. Drill down from there to \tmp\level1. copy the files 'boot.PARTITION', 'recovery.PARTITION' and 'system.PARTITION'. Put these files somewhere safe, close the customization tool and delete the tmp folder. Now relaunch the Customization tool and this time Load the stock TX8 image following the same procedure. Go back into \tmp\level1 and copy the files you saved from when you unpacked Magendanz' ROM, overwriting the existing files. Then go back to the Customization tool and hit the 'Pack' button, pick a destination folder and file name, hit save and wait for it to finish. Take the IMG file it produces and use the Amlogic Burn Card Maker to make a bootable microSD card with your modified image. Do a recovery boot, sit back and let it install.
          View and download from Yandex.Disk

Comment

Originally posted by jordnord View Post
            First I flashed the entire ROM (GT1_111M0_TVStock-20170523.img - 838mb) using the USB burning tool and all went good. Then, since I have an AP6255/A912 model, I first booted into TWRP using a toothpick and try to flash the WiFi patch. But I get the error...

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.product.device") == "q201_9377" which I'm guessing is trying to tell me I have the other model.
            This is because I hadn't updated the AP6255 updater to handler the new Xiaomi Mi Box device spoofing, but that's fixed now. Just refresh your download.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_E View Post
              Just out of interest do you know if the root will need to be reinstalled if I use the update package. I understand it is pre rooted but for some reason to reinstall the apk I had to go through a few hoops due to it not being on google play. ( thanks to joelkolb for helping with that)
              The update is a block-based OTA package, so it's a verbatim copy of the bootloader, logo, boot and system partitions.

Comment

Originally posted by madeesseetmoi View Post
                Hello,
                Just installed today's update on my GT1 and can't anymore set volume up or down with remote...
                And sometimes I have an error "system interface stopped" with Ok and Report buttons (interface du système in french)
                Thank you
                About the volume, this is because the nexus player has no volume buttons on the remote so the configs in bools.xml for its framework is HasFixedVolume=true

Its needs changed to false, I'm sorry I forgot to mention it when I posed I noticed this my self and changed it

Could easily be fixed with a patch (flashable.zip) if when I'm back on its not already been done I can upload one

Comment

Thank you, waiting for a patch

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                    Could easily be fixed with a patch (flashable.zip) if when I'm back on its not already been done I can upload one
                    Today's burn package and OTA update have been patched with this fix and are uploading now. Just give it a few minutes.

UPDATE: I also included a tweak to the build.prop reverting to the old ro.product.board setting so that my OTA update hardware checks are satisfied.
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-23-2017, 21:56.

Comment

Thanks again. Updated perfectly on my t95u pro. Because of the apps staying after the update it meant that the supersu app was still on the system so was just a matter of opening that then allowing it to update the supersu binary from within the app.

Comment

i update my GT1 with this latest 523 ATV firmware and it's working fine except i can't update 6255 zip file, because Update and Backup app is missing in this android TV 6.0.1. i can't find TWRP windows version, and therefore can't update 6255 firmware. anyone could point how to update this 6255 zip file? many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vostro View Post
                          i update my GT1 with this latest 523 ATV firmware and it's working fine except i can't update 6255 zip file, because Update and Backup app is missing in this android TV 6.0.1. i can't find TWRP windows version, and therefore can't update 6255 firmware. anyone could point how to update this 6255 zip file? many thanks.
                          My latest TWRP image for q201 reference board is here. Open Terminal Emulator, type "su" to enter superuser mode, navigate to the folder that holds the downloaded image file, and type "dd if=twrp.q201-3.1.1-0.img of=/dev/block/recovery". Then, just type "reboot recovery" to enter TWRP.

Comment

@Magendanz
                            there is an issue with CanvasPackageInstaller.apk when you uninstall an app it force closes, logcat complaints about permissions, only way i could get it to work was putting it in priv-app

i'm also still trying to track down what is forcing the view for phone/tablet when installing apps rather than the dialog box like atv.. not really important but annoying

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                              @Magendanz
                              there is an issue with CanvasPackageInstaller.apk when you uninstall an app it force closes, logcat complaints about permissions, only way i could get it to work was putting it in priv-app

i'm also still trying to track down what is forcing the view for phone/tablet when installing apps rather than the dialog box like atv.. not really important but annoying
                              Yeah, I ran into that too, and my solution was to just delete CanvasPackageInstaller.apk and rely on GooglePackageInstaller.apk. While the Xiaomi Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV and Nexus Player all put CanvasPackageInstaller in /app, the Open GApps TVStock installer places it in /priv-app. Maybe Maarten Fonville knows the reason why, but I'm okay with that workaround.

Comment

just found what RemoteControlService.apk (com.google.android.athome.remotecontrol) is for. its for updating the firmware for the nexus players bluetooth remote so
                                not really needed for us. makes sense why its not in the shield or mi box.

reading the strings.xml shows

Code:
                                    <string name="dialog_title">Nexus remote update</string>
                                    <string name="dialog_description">New software is available that will improve performance</string>
                                    <string name="dialog_action_update">Update</string>
                                    <string name="dialog_action_notnow">Not now</string>
                                    <string name="progress_title">Updating remote ...</string>
                                    <string name="progress_warning">Do not remove batteries from the remote</string>
                                    <string name="update_toast">Nexus remote is updated</string>
                                    <string name="update_failed_toast">There was a problem updating the Nexus remote</string>

also GooglePartnerSetup.apk is missing from priv-app which its in shield, mi box and nexus player. apparently its needed for apps to interact with google apps/services

overscan.apk is also redundant here as amlogic built in settings to adjust overscan in tv settings in the display category, this is why its not in the mi box (its for really old tvs that don't have a 'fit to screen' option)

Comment

Working...
                                X