Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was looking at logcat when pressing the media and globe buttons on the remote and noticed they are hard coded to kodi and stock browser.
    these can be edited to launch any app by decompiling services.jar

com/android/server/policy/PhoneWindowManager.smali

search and change

Code:
        const-string/jumbo v4, "com.android.browser"

const-string/jumbo v6, "com.android.browser.BrowserActivity"

Code:
        const-string/jumbo v4, "org.xbmc.kodi"

const-string/jumbo v6, "org.xbmc.kodi.Splash"
    change them to mach your desired apps like below, then recompile.

Code:
    const-string/jumbo v4,[COLOR=#008000] "app.package.name.here"[/COLOR]

const-string/jumbo v6,[COLOR=#008000] "app.main.activity.here"[/COLOR]
    the browser one is worth changing as its been removed, chrome maybe ?

Comment

Just flashed this to check something with netfix and noticed 4k YouTube actually isn't working.

what I use is based on the other WiFi stock ROM as i started from scratch but should be similar as I've posed most stuff here. I will swap with my build.prop later on and see if it fixes it. My guess is its because it thinks its a nexus player

Comment

Swapping with my build.prop fixes it will upload when I'm back so people can swap it if they want 4k YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
          Swapping with my build.prop fixes it will upload when I'm back so people can swap it if they want 4k YouTube
          If you can isolate which property in your build.prop fixes it, that would be very helpful.

Comment

is the xiaomi part i think is "once", i cant remember the correct one.
            Youtube reads build prop and acts accordingly to that, they must have a specific path for the "bigger" company boxes or true android tv ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              If you can isolate which property in your build.prop fixes it, that would be very helpful.
              it will be the nexus player stuff here is my build.prop prop.zip

Comment

it will be the nexus player stuff here is my build.prop
                I don't have a 4K display, so that doesn't do me much good. I'm not going to take your build.prop in its entirety, so I need to know what specific properties to import from it.

Comment

-_-
                  Last edited by tillaz87; 06-17-2017, 03:43.

Comment

Said my post needed approved ?

Not sure if it sent so.. Anyway, its this what you need to change, i don't know which parts exactly do it as i compared to mibox and made all changes at once
                    1440p and 2160p options will be visible even on standard 1080p tv

Code:
                    ro.build.flavor=once-user
                    ro.product.model=MIBOX3
                    ro.product.brand=Xiaomi
                    ro.product.name=once
                    ro.product.device=once
                    ro.product.board=once
                    ro.product.manufacturer=Xiaomi
                    ro.build.product=once
                    ro.build.description=once-user 6.0.1 MHC19J 750 release-keys
                    ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/once/once:6.0.1/MHC19J/750:user/release-keys
                    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-xiaomi-tv
                    ro.com.google.gmsversion=M_MR1_OCT_preview
                    if those don't do it i would use the compare plugin for notepad++ so you can easily see the differences from my build.prop
                    Last edited by tillaz87; 06-17-2017, 03:43.

Comment

why do my posts need approved lol
                      Not sure what triggered it, but I approved the post.

Still, I don't have a 4K display and so really don't have incentive or the time to systematically go through each property. We build these custom ROMs for ourselves and share them freely so that others in the community can benefit from our efforts, but right now I'm under a big development deadline at work and just can't spare a few hours for a feature I won't use. If someone else is willing to do that work, however, I'm more than happy to make the change in my build.prop.

Comment

Not sure what triggered it, but I approved the post.

Still, I don't have a 4K display and so really don't have incentive or the time to systematically go through each property. We build these custom ROMs for ourselves and share them freely so that others in the community can benefit from our efforts, but right now I'm under a big development deadline at work and just can't spare a few hours for a feature I won't use. If someone else is willing to do that work, however, I'm more than happy to make the change in my build.prop.
                        Like i said the option is visible on standard tv so can see when its working. I just posted the whole build.prop so people here can just replace it. or your self compare and include it as i seen a few people mention it.
                        Making the device think its a nexus player will download graphics data for powerVR rather than mali with games that are built that way. You would want to clone the whole MIbox stuff like posted above as it matches are hardware closest out of all the official atv devices.

but bare in mind i'm just sharing what I've been doing its just here for anyone that might be interested. if its used or not is up to whoever.
                        I do a lot a work with Chinese manufactures regarding android so I tend not to be on places like this these days.

Comment

• TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 by TeamWin
                          Official? Is it yet ? :-o Where can i download it from?
                          Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by pszab View Post
                            Official? Is it yet ? :-o Where can i download it from?
                            Official releases are at http://twrp.me, but my builds were posted here in the TWRP for Amlogic Devices thread.

Comment

Making the device think its a nexus player will download graphics data for powerVR rather than mali with games that are built that way. You would want to clone the whole MIbox stuff like posted above as it matches are hardware closest out of all the official atv devices.
                              I'm concluding that this device spoofing effort is more trouble than it's worth. On my next release, the TVStock variant will revert to the same device properties used in Nano and Stock. If users want to pretend that they're something they're not, they can change the build.prop themselves.

Comment

I'm concluding that this device spoofing effort is more trouble than it's worth. On my next release, the TVStock variant will revert to the same device properties used in Nano and Stock. If users want to pretend that they're something they're not, they can change the build.prop themselves.
                                its normally ok if you stick to devices that use the same CPU architecture and same family of GPU. However today when looking at logcat i noticed google play services downloads an ota for the mibox at every boot then fails verification. so i need to track what part triggers this. and stop it, without killing 4k YouTube.
                                Last edited by tillaz87; 06-24-2017, 04:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X