Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also noticed logcat complaining about missing library for org.apache.http.legacy.jar, Katniss.apk has in its manifest <uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy"

also at the same time noticed this Katniss.apk is supposed to have an icon in the leanback launcher which is not present as it has

android:banner="@drawable/banner"
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAU NCHER"/>

and the banner in xhdpi-v4

its this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tniss&hl=en_GB

but why no icon in launcher? is it even working?

Comment

Nice work getting this ROM up and running!

Just having an issue with root access though. Apps needing root tell me the box isn't rooted I figured maybe installing SuperSU through the Play Store like the changelog suggests might fix it. But I can only manage to find it by Googling the link which brings me to the Play Store, but then it just gives you the description and no option to install it. I also tried flashing the zip through TWRP with no luck, just throws an error at me.

It would be perfect if I could just get this little problem ironed out

Comment

Originally posted by jordnord View Post
        First I flashed the entire ROM (GT1_111M0_TVStock-20170523.img - 838mb) using the USB burning tool and all went good. Then, since I have an AP6255/A912 model, I first booted into TWRP using a toothpick and try to flash the WiFi patch. But I get the error...

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.product.device") == "q201_9377" which I'm guessing is trying to tell me I have the other model.
        Yes, this is a side effect of the Xiaomi Mi Box spoofing. Since I needed a reliable check for the OTA updates, I reverted the to the old ro.product.board setting (q201_9377). Without that check, the update would have no way of knowing that it was running on the correct hardware.

To fix the problem, just grab a fresh copy of the ROM and the AP6255 updater. You should be able to flash either the burn package with USB Burning Tool or the OTA update from TWRP. In this case, since you need to install the wireless chipset update right after, I'd just install both updates in TWRP at the same time.

Comment

Just seen beelink released an update to fix the play store force closing when it try to auto update, will be interesting to see what they did as i couldn't figger it out

EDIT: the ota is 362MB... lol what did they change

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            My latest TWRP image for q201 reference board is here. Open Terminal Emulator, type "su" to enter superuser mode, navigate to the folder that holds the downloaded image file, and type "dd if=twrp.q201-3.1.1-0.img of=/dev/block/recovery". Then, just type "reboot recovery" to enter TWRP.
            thanks a lot, i failed to using this img file but use toothpick reboot into recovery and succeeded in patching 6255 update, finally it works. now as both beelink and mibox has nougat working version(my mibox running nougat with no issue), is it possible you update beelink nougat with android tv version?

Comment

Originally posted by vostro View Post
              ...now as both beelink and mibox has nougat working version(my mibox running nougat with no issue), is it possible you update beelink nougat with android tv version?
              I'm working on brining ATV 7 to the Amlogic q20x reference boards (M8S Pro, KM8 P) now, but am blocked on TWRP. Have had some success with the Z28 (Rockchip RK3328), but resolution is only 720p and am hitting some Open GApps compatibility issues. At this point, the Beelink GT1 only has an early beta of Nougat which was pretty rough around the edges, and so I've been waiting for the official release.

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
                Just seen beelink released an update to fix the play store force closing when it try to auto update, will be interesting to see what they did as i couldn't figger it out... the ota is 362MB... lol what did they change?
                I see tweaks to the Lighthome launcher, VideoPlayer, Camera2. Also changes in Settings (ProcessStatsSummary) & TVSettings (NetxeonNewStorageActivity$DiskReceiver). Framework has changes in PackageManagerService and PhoneWinodwManager. No major library or driver changes.

Comment

Can i do an update with twrp and without full wipe?

Comment

As I mentioned before, the OTA update (.zip file) is for INCREMENTAL UPDATES. If you have a Beelink GT1 or Alfawise S92, you might be able to use it for initial flash, but I still don't recommend it. If you don't have either of those models, you won't satisfy the assertions to even do the install. The Error 7 is just the assertion failure because you've got the wrong device ("q201_9377") or build ("MHC19J").

To even try to run this on any device other than a Beelink GT1 or Alfawise S92, you need to flash the burn package (.img file). If you don't have a male-to-male Type A USB cable, then USB Burning Tool isn't an option and you'll need to follow the instructions for BootcardMaker to install with an SD card. This is not the same as flashing a .zip file in recovery.
                    Hey, I did all that SD card stuff but some how screwed something up...All I get now is A Constant BLUE LIGHT situation where the box won't boot...and no changes on TV screen. Have even tried using SCATV2 on card with SD burn tool files. I believe one of those flashes involved a ROM file with ZERO bytes- must have been copying files in background and pulled out SD card prematurely before copying was finished!

So What is the final Anser on using this ROM on H96 Pro Plus board - It Can or CAN NOT be used?

Comment

Yeah, I ran into that too, and my solution was to just delete CanvasPackageInstaller.apk and rely on GooglePackageInstaller.apk. While the Xiaomi Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV and Nexus Player all put CanvasPackageInstaller in /app, the Open GApps TVStock installer places it in /priv-app. Maybe Maarten Fonville knows the reason why, but I'm okay with that workaround.
                      Hello,

Just full reinstalled latest ROM after volume problems but now I can't uninstall an app from Application in Parameters, I get an error

Comment

Originally posted by madeesseetmoi View Post
                        Just full reinstalled latest ROM after volume problems but now I can't uninstall an app from Application in Parameters, I get an error
                        Just do what I did above, and delete the CanvasPackageInstaller folder in /system/app in CMFileManager. This app was added for this release, so you're just reverting to reliance on GooglePackageInstaller as we were before.

Comment

Originally posted by killer0692 View Post
                          Can i do an update with twrp and without full wipe?
                          Yes, if it's an incremental update. If you're installing from stock firmware, I recommend the data wipe...but it's not strictly required.

Comment

Installed the update and working great. Thank you!

Comment

some libs left over from removed app OpenWnn.apk

libWnnJpnDic.so
                              libWnnEngDic.so
                              libWnnJpnDic.so

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks! I removed these in the 20170525 builds.

Just do what I did above, and delete the CanvasPackageInstaller folder in /system/app in CMFileManager. This app was added for this release, so you're just reverting to reliance on GooglePackageInstaller as we were before.
                              Thank you, it works. Will I have to delete this folder for future updates also?

Comment

Working...
                              X