Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 6.0)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm currently using Superceleron V8C ROM, is it safe to flash this ROM over using TWRP? and if so, what will be the correct method, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeto View Post
      Hi I'm currently using Superceleron V8C ROM, is it safe to flash this ROM over using TWRP? and if so, what will be the correct method, thanks.
      Yes. It should be as simple as just installing my OTA update (.zip file) via TWRP. Of course, flashing the burn package would be the safer bet, but that would do a data wipe.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-25-2017, 23:11.

Comment

Thanks, I'm ok with data wipe so I think I'll give it a try

Comment

This works great on my t95 U Pro even using retroarch so kudos Megendanz much appreciated, just thought I'd give a little back, for anyone who is using this rom for playing games and would like to use a wired ps3 gamepad or one of the DragonRise Gamepad ( usually chinese gamepads that are made to look like n64 or snes controllers).

Simply unzip these two .ko files (hid-dr.ko and hid-sony.ko) from the zip attatched to the bottom of this post to your box and open terminal, cd to the folder you copied them to and type
          Code:
          insmod hid-sony.ko
          for the ps controller and
          Code:
          insmod hid-dr.ko
          for the dragonrise controller. Took me a while to find these ones that worked with the previous rom I was using so was glad to find they still worked with this one.

controllers.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_E View Post
            ...just thought I'd give a little back, for anyone who is using this rom for playing games and would like to use a wired ps3 gamepad or one of the DragonRise Gamepad
            Nice! Thanks, Matt!

Comment

No worries. It's took me ages to realise why wired controllers weren't working on my previous setup so if I can stop someone having to struggle in the same way it's great. There is so many different versions of these .ko files floating around But only a few work with these boxes. Just got one more to track down now then I'll have the ultimate gaming machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                The Tanix TX8 is based on the Amlogic q201 reference board, and so it should work with this custom ROM if you use the burn package (not the OTA update). As always, the usual caveats apply to installing on untested hardware, but I believe that the TX8 is also using the same Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipset. Your biggest risk is that the remote won't work, in which case you can update the remote.conf and the only issue will be that you'd have to press another key ("2"?) for cold power-up.
                Magendanz, this ROM is fantastic. Thanks for your hard work. Based on the quote above I loaded it on my Tanix TX8 Max and its working great. I swapped out the remote.conf with a backup from the TX8's stock ROM and got the stock remote working. But as you mentioned, the remote doesn't work for cold power on. I don't understand what you meant when you said "you'd have to press another key ("2"?) for cold power-up". Could you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by joelkolb View Post
                  I don't understand what you meant when you said "you'd have to press another key ("2"?) for cold power-up". Could you explain?
                  Several others have commented that the numeral "2" on their remote emits the IR code for Power on the GT1/S92 that's hardcoded in the bootloader. However, I don't know if that's the case for the TX8. As an exercise, though, you could shut down and cycle through all the buttons on your remote and see if any of them power the device back on.

Comment

Several others have commented that the numeral "2" on their remote emits the IR code for Power on the GT1/S92 that's hardcoded in the bootloader. However, I don't know if that's the case for the TX8. As an exercise, though, you could shut down and cycle through all the buttons on your remote and see if any of them power the device back on.
                    Ah, I see. Unfortunately, it's a very basic android remote, D-pad, volume controls, home, back, menu, no numbers. And none of the other buttons it does have turn it on from a cold state. Oh well. It shouldn't be turned off that often anyway. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

Thanks for your create ROM, I bought a GT1 this week and I already flash with your ROM.
                      I bought this box to replace my Internet access Provider box which already in Android tv but it could not read movie in DTS sound and with this box and your ROM it works like a charm on Plex app.

I have some questions, I would like to extract some apk from my provider android tv box and push on this box but I can't find a solution.
                      I'd like to bring the launcher which display the app on two lines and not like one line on your rom
                      and I'd like also bring the replay app that I don't found on the google play or I found but it's not working find on android tv.

thanks

Comment

Does it work with Beelink GT1 Ultimate?

Comment

Guest, could you perhaps provide some information on how you added the custom parts into the stock ROM to put this together?

Comment

Originally posted by Obi-Wan_Kenobi View Post
                            Does it work with Beelink GT1 Ultimate?
                            No, not this one. The Ultimate has a different enough device tree that it will probably get its own custom ROM (or at least an updater, like we do for the wireless chipsets). Sadly, I don't have a GT1 Ultimate to work on, but GearBest has been kind enough to agree to send me one (thanks to prompting from @Gnex5). I don't have an ETA yet.

Update: As luck would have it, a GT1 Ultimate was delivered to my door this afternoon. The custom ROMs are now posted in this thread.
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2017, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by joelkolb View Post
                              Guest, could you perhaps provide some information on how you added the custom parts into the stock ROM to put this together?
                              Basically, I first install Terminal Emulator and CMFileManager to install TWRP recovery and strip down the OEM firmware to just the essentials, then make some modifications to Settings, TvSettings, and SystemUI to customize the stock UI, remove some hard coded references in the framework, install OpenGApps with a custom gapps-config, and then make some tweaks to the build.prop. That gets me the Nano variant. I then install OpenGApps with a different custom gapps-config to create the Stock variant.

The TVStock variant is actually a custom TWRP install on Nano that includes components from the TVStock variant of Open GApps combined with some known-good APKs and libs from the Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player. (Sadly, I can't just use Open GApps because the TVStock build process includes versions of many apps that target platforms newer than Android 6.0.1.)

Ultimately, the Amlogic Customization Tool is used to create the final burn package and I use img2sdat.py to create the files needed for an OTA update and sign it with the platform key using signapk.

Comment

Basically, I first install Terminal Emulator and CMFileManager to install TWRP recovery and strip down the OEM firmware to just the essentials, then make some modifications to Settings, TvSettings, and SystemUI to customize the stock UI, remove some hard coded references in the framework, install OpenGApps with a custom gapps-config, and then make some tweaks to the build.prop. That gets me the Nano variant. I then install OpenGApps with a different custom gapps-config to create the Stock variant.

The TVStock variant is actually a custom TWRP install on Nano that includes components from the TVStock variant of Open GApps combined with some known-good APKs and libs from the Xiaomi Mi Box and Nexus Player. (Sadly, I can't just use Open GApps because the TVStock build process includes versions of many apps that target platforms newer than Android 6.0.1.)

Ultimately, the Amlogic Customization Tool is used to create the final burn package and I use img2sdat.py to create the files needed for an OTA update and sign it with the platform key using signapk.
                                Thanks for the info. Would you mind sharing or pointing me to any of the files you used like the custom gapps-config files, the custom TVStock TWRP installer you made, as well as some more details on modifications to settings, TVsettings, build.prop, SystemUI, framework, etc. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I got your ROM running on a Tanix TX8 Max with a few minor quirks. If I have to live with them I will, but I'd love to try and modify the stock ROM for the TX8 Max based on your blueprint and see if I can't iron out those wrinkles on this device.

Comment

Working...
                                X