Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idealy I would like to remove beelinks root while installing, in fact I will do this in the next update so we know its really gone and nothing is been left behind. it's safer that way anyway to be fair

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
      Idealy I would like to remove beelinks root while installing, in fact I will do this in the next update so we know its really gone and nothing is been left behind. it's safer that way anyway to be fair
      Ok! i will try tonight to unroot and check if it solves the netflix problem, i'll checkout the update when it's ready!

Comment

Originally posted by aitors30 View Post
        Excellent work tillaz87. I installed the ROM yesterday without any problems. But I see that you released the V3 today. If there any form to update without make a factory reset and loss my config?? Thanks for all!!!!!
        Just checked my updater-script in latest version and its already up to date, so to update without wipe just flash the zip in recovery.

use this script to flash twrp, just put the latest rom .zip on internal sdcard and run the below

Code:
        [B]su[/B]
        Code:
        [B]sh /sdcard/2[/B]
        this will just flash twrp and then reboot to it.

Comment

Just seen this while doing a quick google for the netflix error ui-800-3

I wonder how it detects original fireTV, out of curiosety im going to spoof build.prop and see what happens lol (surely can be that easy to bypass L1)

Comment

Just seen this while doing a quick google for the netflix error ui-800-3

I wonder how it detects original fireTV, out of curiosety im going to spoof build.prop and see what happens lol (surely can be that easy to bypass L1)
            I allready tried this by editing my build.prop to nvidia shield, couldnt reboot after that

Comment

Originally posted by benn0s1991 View Post

I allready tried this by editing my build.prop to nvidia shield, couldnt reboot after that
              probably changed to much, I used to spoof the shield tv for iplayer to work on here (took from my shield) until i just modified the app to point at a prop that has no use.
              In this rom i'm spoofing mi box so we get 4k youtube without apps downloading wrong data as we have same GPU family

flashing build.prop now will update my result soon.

Comment

probably changed to much, I used to spoof the shield tv for iplayer to work on here (took from my shield) until i just modified the app to point at a prop that has no use.
                In this rom i'm spoofing mi box so we get 4k youtube without apps downloading wrong data as we have same GPU family

flashing build.prop now will update my result soon.
                really curious right now, good luck!

btw. unroot using SuperSU is not working with this ROM

Comment

-_-
                  Last edited by tillaz87; 07-27-2017, 18:16.

Comment

really curious right now, good luck!

btw. unroot using SuperSU is not working with this ROM
                    I dont think any files are stored on the system with systemless root but it should still remove superSU app will have a quick look

Edit:

Your right it cant be removed, I'm uploading new version now which removes beelinks root, people can then choose to install root via twrp if they want it

Comment

I dont think any files are stored on the system with systemless root but it should still remove superSU app will have a quick look

Edit:

Your right it cant be removed, I'm uploading new version now which removes beelinks root, people can then choose to install root via twrp if they want it
                      Just tried your Build.prop, device boots properly but netflix still has the same problem.
                      I hope to find a way to unroot/hide root to see if that will fix the problem...

What do you mean by new version, a unrooted version of the ROM?

Comment

Just tried your Build.prop, device boots properly but netflix still has the same problem.
                        I hope to find a way to unroot/hide root to see if that will fix the problem...

What do you mean by new version, a unrooted version of the ROM?
                        Yeah, the next version removes the stock roms root then boots to recovery so the user can decided to root of not,
                        I was sure this root method was removed with factory reset, will give that a quick check..

Comment

Yeah, the next version removes the stock roms root then boots to recovery so the user can decided to root of not, You would need to flash your stock firmware again though first so the boot.img is restored.
                          I was sure this root method was removed with factory reset, will give that a quick check..
                          So first flash stock 7.1.2 rom, after that running the new update using terminal?

Comment

So first flash stock 7.1.2 rom, after that running the new update using terminal?
                            Factory reset removes this root method, no need to reflash. although you could try that to be sure the boot.img stuff is restored
                            wait for v4 though if you do re-flash stock

Comment

Yeah, thought so.. factory reset removes this root method
                              Isn't the stock rom rooted by default?

Comment

Factory reset removes this root method, no need to reflash. although you could try that to be sure the boot.img stuff is restored
                                wait for v4 though if you do re-flash stock
                                I just did the factory reset, still the same Netflix problem, checked root with the Root checker app, says no root access..
                                I guess i wont get it working on this box

Comment

Working...
                                X