Clear All

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
    Yeah. Thats what my worst fears are.
    Sounds like it if nothing else works!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
      M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
      百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje
      Anyone tried running any 4K demos after using this?
      Does Youtube have some 4K sample material?

Comment

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
        I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire. ....
        I don not understand fully how to install these stuff... My bad!

If you guys could give more detailed information, it'd be nice...

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by eduardosmelo View Post
          I don not understand fully how to install these stuff... My bad!

If you guys could give more detailed information, it'd be nice...

Thank you!
          There is very detailed instructions in the readme text file that is included inside the zip file you download for finless 1.2 (or finless root if you have m8). Step by step you can't go wrong.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
            There is very detailed instructions in the readme text file that is included inside the zip file you download for finless 1.2 (or finless root if you have m8). Step by step you can't go wrong.

Thank you!

Comment

Can some one check if Netflix is giving full HD on this device? Also, would love to know about 5.1 sound as well.
              ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                Can some one check if Netflix is giving full HD on this device? Also, would love to know about 5.1 sound as well.
                Read the FAQ in my signature for 5.1. Short answer: only xbmc support 5.1

Sent from my Nexus7, apologies for any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Thanks. I have read FAQs. I was wondering if anyone has tested if Netflix is giving 5.1. Considering that software decoding is required to decode 5.1 in S802 chip, I doubt if Netflix will give 5.1 but wanted to know will it result in no sound or 5.1 will downgrade to PCM in such cases.
                  ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                    Thanks. I have read FAQs. I was wondering if anyone has tested if Netflix is giving 5.1. Considering that software decoding is required to decode 5.1 in S802 chip, I doubt if Netflix will give 5.1 but wanted to know will it result in no sound or 5.1 will downgrade to PCM in such cases.
                    Netflix offers both 2.0 streams for all content as well as 5.1 for some content. You'll get sound on everything, but it won't be 5.1

Comment

Are you saying there is 5.1 option available (visible) in Netflix but it is not working?

If yes then the Minix should give the 5.1 sound as it has the H chip?

Is Netflix streaming in 1080P?

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                        Are you saying there is 5.1 option available (visible) in Netflix but it is not working?

Correct, if you get the x8s model only.

Comment

Does the finless ROM work in the square m8, and let you get to the Play store?

Comment

I have been using Netflix on the Tronsmart. But I get only SD quality. But in my model ethernet is broken so I am using Wifi. It could be that Netflix is deciding that my bandwidth is not enough.

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post

Is Netflix streaming in 1080P?
                            Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

M8 load paid apps?

Hey all, I got the EM8 ROM to boot on the Tronsmart S89.

Does the M8 load paid APPs or does it also have that bug?

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Hey all, I got the EM8 ROM to boot on the Tronsmart S89.

Does the M8 load paid APPs or does it also have that bug?

Bob
                                is better rom than 1.2??what's good about this one??

Comment

Working...
                                X