Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M6Pro reached EOL?

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
    [...] It will not be fixed, development with m6pro is ended.
    Wait, what? Does that mean that there won't be any new firmware for the M6Pro? No Android 5 Lollipop or any security fixes (released by Pipo) anymore? I thought I would break the "circle of planned obsolescence" with that tablet. So I need to throw it in the garbage bin? Are there any official statements available? I can't believe it.....

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Tablettenmann View Post
      Wait, what? Does that mean that there won't be any new firmware for the M6Pro? No Android 5 Lollipop or any security fixes (released by Pipo) anymore? I thought I would break the "circle of planned obsolescence" with that tablet. So I need to throw it in the garbage bin? Are there any official statements available? I can't believe it.....
      You might want to look at a few other threads, this has been discussed before. Here is one:

As far as Pipo is concerned, they got your money. If you want an updated firmware, you can just buy a new tablet.

Not to be unfair to them, that appears to be the prevailing opinion with most of the Chinese tablet makers.

There is a ray of hope. Pipo has agreed to release some of their sources to Randy Riley, and he is putting together a team to try and address issues, and update the firmware.

The Chinese tablets used to offer a significant price break for higher spec products, but the price gap is closing. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab pro that has better specs than the Pipo for the exact same price. And it has several rom developers, including cyanogen.

I was about to sell my Pipo, but now that Pipo is going to let Randy and his team have a crack at the firmware, I think I will keep it. The Pipo is a pretty good tablet with the Riley KK rom.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

The guys are making progress.

A new kernel from Pipo sources....and perhaps even CM11 is a strong possibility.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Απ: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          The guys are making progress.

A new kernel from Pipo sources....and perhaps even CM11 is a strong possibility.
          Awesome news !!

Comment

I'm trying to upgrade from Jellybean, I followed the guide but when I launch in bootloader mode (from the reboot app) I just get and endless loop of 'USB device not recognized' over and over.

I am using Windows 8.1 and have no other OS available atm, is this a known problem? is there a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by tsanummy View Post
              I'm trying to upgrade from Jellybean, I followed the guide but when I launch in bootloader mode (from the reboot app) I just get and endless loop of 'USB device not recognized' over and over.

I am using Windows 8.1 and have no other OS available atm, is this a known problem? is there a fix?
              Yes it's a known issue that the USB drivers are incompatible with Windows 8.1, I don't think there's a work around.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Pipo P4 running RR 2.01

Comment

Switched from Dalvik to Art and ran into reboot issue

Everytime I reboot my tab, there is a process of re-compiling every Androidapp triggered by the OS. This happens on every reboot/restart since I switched from Dalvik to Art in developer options.

So my question is:

Is this a known issue or a "feature"?
                Last edited by Tablettenmann; 11-04-2014, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Tablettenmann View Post
                  Everytime I reboot my tab, there is a process of re-compiling every Androidapp triggered. This happens on every reboot/restart since I switched from Dalvik to Art in developer options.

So my question is:

Is this a known issue or a "feature"?
                  I had the same problem. Flashed the latest gapps and it went away.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fagotistas View Post
                    Awesome news !!
                    Need testers fo M6Pro,

you will have new ROM here : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post238207

build from last sources of Pipo by Maakie

Comment

use makkie's kernel before. very good. this time this new rom is stable and fast.haven't try mirrorcast yet.

Comment

xbmc/mx player acceleration hw+

How can i have hardware acceleration on pipo m6 pro 3g (xbmc/mxplayer)? Im using the latest km Riley ROM... It doesnt work at all....And about miracast, it works on pipo m6 kk ? I had seen that rk3188 have a patch for hw+ jelly bean and miracast only works on jelly bean too.. It doesnt work on kitkat, is that correct?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                          1 - windows 8.1 is not compatible with RK3188, so it's not possible to use it for flashing
                          2 - gps has trouble just because the antenna length is too short, keep as it is or you can try replacing the antenna (otherwise you can try one of my modded kernel and see if it can make any difference for you)
                          3 - switching resolution is no more possible with kitkat
                          4 - you can delete reboot app without any issue
                          3. I switch resolution using Resolution Changer to 1600*1200 DPI 264.

Comment

Help needed... am stuck in a boot loop and flashing the msc file is not helping so far. ART with 6gb parameter file. Was running fine for a couple of days until last night at login the screen just "flowed" with lines and i had to force power off. I am able to get into recovery (twrp ) from where I reboot to bootloader to get the tablet detected by the rom flash tool.
                            Probably dumb question and maybe already answered : If flashing the rom is the only option, is it possible to back up my data and files on PC from twrp ?

Comment

You can try backing up the userdata partition and try to save it to the external SD...if TWRP will mount to external SD.

A brand new ROM will be released tomorrow sometime. I've just put the finishing touches and the whole Pipo Project Team needs to approve it before we release it. Stay Tuned.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                You can try backing up the userdata partition and try to save it to the external SD...if TWRP will mount to external SD.

A brand new ROM will be released tomorrow sometime. I've just put the finishing touches and the whole Pipo Project Team needs to approve it before we release it. Stay Tuned.
                                Exciting news!

Comment

Working...
                                X