This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi d33,

I'm using your kernel_KK_TVSTICK_4.2.5_RTL8723BS_HD image. Wifi works, BT doesn't.

Is there any news regarding the kernel with RTL8723BS driver that also has working BT support like you hinted at in this thread:

Someone followed up and posted some GPIO values.

Is there anything else you need to make it work? I'd be really great to have a usable Bluetooth driver in addition to WiFi.

Alternatively, if you don't intend to provide an updated kernel image yourself could you give me a hint on how to use the GPIO values to compile a working kernel?

Thanks very much, really appreciate your brilliant work in this forum!

Comment

Hi Darrell,
      installed kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD on CX919 and it works really perfect.
      Just downloaded your source and followed your beginners guide on how to build a kernel cause it's different from the radxa guide i'm working on before.
      I compiled a kernel with extracted config from your kernel but it hangs on kernel logo. I tried different Ubuntu versions but no success. Compiling a kernel from radxa source works still perfect. Do you have an idea what's goind wrong?

I tried...
      Build all the modules and objects using "make -j2"
      Finally execute "make -j2 kernel.img"

and...
      make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 kernel.img

Walter77
      Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        The following are kernels built against Rockchip sources. These are intended to be used with the recent release of "official" ROMS (April 2014 onward) not beta ROMs (use v3.x for these). Some devices will not boot with these kernels, generally speaking that is because either the stock power supply is rubbish and needs replacing with a decent quality 2A supply or the individual RK3188T SoC has a really bad PLL clock / leakage problem.

Version 4.2.x
        • TV Boxes - RK1000 support (Audio codec & TV out) / Dual lcdc
        • TV Sticks - No codec / Single lcdc
        • HD resolution (1920x1080)
        • SD resolution (1280x720)
        • Single kernel for all SOCs (this is overclock for RK3188T)
        • CPU: 1.6 GHZ, GPU: 600 MHz, DDR: 720 MHz
        • Increased PLL stability over v4.1
        • Boots properly on MK902/CS968 models
        • [Edit:] 4.2.2 Audio Fix for those without Audio on 4.2
        • [Edit:] 4.2.4 Added ESP8089/MT7601/RTL8723AU^ support
        • [Edit:] 4.2.4 Added support for RTL & MT6622 Bluetooth
        • [Edit:] 4.2.5 Added MT5931 & RTL8723BS^ support

AP6210
        AP6210-Alt - under test - please report results
        AP6330
        RTL8188
        ESP8089
        MT7601*
        RTL8723AU
        MT5931*
        RTL8723BS^
        ESP8089* (CH2x00/QF8700 usb ethernet drivers)

* with MT6622 BT support
        ^ with RTL Bluetooth support
        All others use Rockchip RFKill for Bluetooth

Source code here

================================================== =====

Older Kernels created from the "BETA" Sources (January 2014) for use only with the 'Beta' ROMS prior to April 2014

I've taken the stock source, which has code to switch between T and non-T CPUs and converted it to make two dedicated kernels. Github here

Version 3.1
        • RK1000 Audio support fixed
        • RK100 TV out support added
        • GPU overide for T kernels now possible (450 limit removed)
        • DDR override fixed (PLL limit to 445 removed)

TV Boxes

AP6210

AP6210-alt
        (Alternative pinout)
        AP6330
        RTL8188 (3.11a)

TV Sticks

AP6210

AP6210-Alt (Alternative pinouts for some models like CX919-II, J22)
        AP6330
        RTL8188EU

NODERAT has been a superstar and generated a massive number of overclocking variants for all these core kernel builds -> see here

so this should work with my fake Tronsmart NX that came with a CPU RK3188-T with a wifi module RTL8188 (i say fake because it shouldnt have a t cpu)? the wifi/BT conked out months ago and i n eed a fix.

Comment

To vary the T kernels for those that want to push to find their highest possible CPU potential you can can use the amended "Overclockomatic" perl script created by PHJAnderson. I've made a small alteration to make it compatible with KK.

KK Overclockomatic Script
          You rock dude.

This will make my RK3188T shine. I have about 20 to choose the best overclocker from too. Going to be fun.

I used a kernel "mo123" patched, with this I believe... reached 23551 in AnTuTu on an RK3188T! Impressive. Check it out bro. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-27-01-23-14.png
Views:	1
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	435702

Best I've seen here by far actually.

Anyone have an RK3188T that is faster than mine? This one is faster than a RK3188 non T by a large amount. 18k is average for RK3188, almost 6000 points more with my RK3188T.

Anyone care to benchmark battle me?

I am huge PC geek, overclocking is in my blood. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by nexxusty View Post
            You rock dude.

This will make my RK3188T shine. I have about 20 to choose the best overclocker from too. Going to be fun.

I used a kernel "mo123" patched, with this I believe... reached 23551 in AnTuTu on an RK3188T! Impressive. Check it out bro. [ATTACH=CONFIG]9436[/ATTACH]

Best I've seen here by far actually.

Anyone have an RK3188T that is faster than mine? This one is faster than a RK3188 non T by a large amount. 18k is average for RK3188, almost 6000 points more with my RK3188T.

Anyone care to benchmark battle me?

I am huge PC geek, overclocking is in my blood. LOL.
            On my CX-921 i get over 25000 with nearly stock speeds and 1080p kernel:
            purex4.png

NEW!!-pureX-KitKat-V1-New-firmware-for-CX-921a-EXOON-Power-Pro-2013

Walter77
            Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
              On my CX-921 i get over 25000 with nearly stock speeds and 1080p kernel:
              purex4.png

NEW!!-pureX-KitKat-V1-New-firmware-for-CX-921a-EXOON-Power-Pro-2013

Walter77
              You get over 25000 @ 1080p!???!? Best I can get is 22625 on my Q7 box /w RK3188T @ 1080p.

You're score is crazy!

I wish my device worked with your kernels... cannot patch any of the kernels for 1600mhz it seems.

Doesnt work, when patched the CPU is either underclocked to 1200mhz or stuck at 1400mhz. I would REALLY love to overclock this device to 1.8ghz or so if anyone has any clue of what I am doing wrong I've uploaded my kernel. It patches just fine, I don't understand why the CPU speed wont scal to 1600mhz. I have included a Kernel that does work at 1600mhz but

Comment

Originally posted by nexxusty View Post
                You get over 25000 @ 1080p!???!? Best I can get is 22625 on my Q7 box /w RK3188T @ 1080p.

You're score is crazy!

I wish my device worked with your kernels... cannot patch any of the kernels for 1600mhz it seems.

Doesnt work, when patched the CPU is either underclocked to 1200mhz or stuck at 1400mhz. I would REALLY love to overclock this device to 1.8ghz or so if anyone has any clue of what I am doing wrong I've uploaded my kernel. It patches just fine, I don't understand why the CPU speed wont scal to 1600mhz. I have included a Kernel that does work at 1600mhz but
                you need to use the kernels posted in the op, D33 has unlocked the frequency limit in these kernels, stock ones are locked and cannot be overclocked.

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
                  you need to use the kernels posted in the op, D33 has unlocked the frequency limit in these kernels, stock ones are locked and cannot be overclocked.
                  I get 23,280 now with my tweaks an suuuch. lol..

These kernels you speak of do not work for my device.... havent tried every ROM tho... will do that now.

Comment

Question

Happy New Year to all! Please answer , if I can use the source code to create the Kernel for a tablet with the processor 3188. Can advise something ? How do you choose a config file?

Comment

Originally posted by zerocold1981 View Post
                      Happy New Year to all! Please answer , if I can use the source code to create the Kernel for a tablet with the processor 3188. Can advise something ? How do you choose a config file?
                      It's possible but very difficult due to lack of proper configuration support. I'm using a difference set of sources for tablets.
                      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

It's possible but very difficult due to lack of proper configuration support. I'm using a difference set of sources for tablets.
                        Thanks for the reply . Look for more sources

Comment

Hi guys,
                          I have two questions regarding kernel patching. I saw that D33 already had the same issues with RK3166 kernel and successfully resolved them.
                          Basically I'm compiling RK3066 kernel and I'm stuck at making MT6622+MT5931 BT/WIFI and 1080p resolution. Thing is that when I use CONFIG_MT5931_MT6622 BT works (with modified pins), while with CONFIG_MTK_MT5931 WIFI works perfectly. I'm just unable to make both of them work at the same time and I've tried all possible combinations (yes, I've tried the Discrete BT Chip MT6622) with no luck.
                          Can someone give me some tips about that ?

[EDIT]
                          I've managed to make the BT with WIFI working, basically I switched CONFIG_MT5931_MT6622 source with CONFIG_MTK_MT5931 (maintaining both configurations but compiling only the MTK kk version). Beside that I've updated the pins as they were showed by the gpio dump on stock rom.

I'm still digging the source for the real 1080p resolution (I won't probably be using it, but I just never let go any stupid idea)..

For future reference I'm using Imito MX2, BalintBanyasz sources (before the qx1 commit, that broke the rom for the 3066)

This are the pins used :
                          board-rk30-box.c / mt6622_platform_data
                          .power_gpio // RK30_PIN0_PC6
                          .reset_gpio // RK30_PIN4_PC5
                          .irq_gpio // RK30_PIN3_PD2

board-rk30-sdk-sdmmc.c // #elif defined(CONFIG_MT5931) || defined(CONFIG_MT5931_MT6622) // Arround line 254
                          #define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_WIFI_INT_B RK30_PIN3_PD2
                          #define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_WIFI_INT_B_ENABLE_VALUE GPIO_HIGH
                          #define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_POWER_N RK30_PIN6_PA7
                          #define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_RESET_N RK30_PIN3_PD1

Also when using this sources you will need to remove 'inline' from drivers/net/wireless/mt5931_kk/drv_wlan/os/linux/include/gl_kal.h, at line 1904 :
                          inline VOID
                          kalOidComplete (
                          Last edited by avion; 01-10-2015, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
                            Hi Darrell,
                            installed kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD on CX919 and it works really perfect.
                            Just downloaded your source and followed your beginners guide on how to build a kernel cause it's different from the radxa guide i'm working on before.
                            I compiled a kernel with extracted config from your kernel but it hangs on kernel logo. I tried different Ubuntu versions but no success. Compiling a kernel from radxa source works still perfect. Do you have an idea what's goind wrong?

I tried...
                            Build all the modules and objects using "make -j2"
                            Finally execute "make -j2 kernel.img"

and...
                            make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j2 kernel.img

Walter77
                            Hi Darell,

I second this. I tried the same kernel as Walter and everything works superb including Kodi 14. You rock. I now wanted to tweak the kernel to make it work with my touch screen monitor (HT231). I was able to do that from your source using instructions from mongkok. But now I only have 720p and bluetooth does not work. Can you please upload the config file that you used to generate the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

dumb question what is the difference between hd and sd kernels, I have an original cx919 trying to use ap6210 kernel, correct?

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by Touch View Post
                                Hi Darell,

Can you please upload the config file that you used to generate the kernel_KK_v4.2.5_TVSTICK_AP6210_HD? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
                                The config can be extracted from any kernel I built using ikextract-config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X