NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khi View Post
    I believe you've got the RK3188T version - "Rk3188T Quad Core 1.4ghz (Cortex-A9)"

Is there anything that can be done?

Comment

logitech c525 webcam not working

Hello, Bob. Currently my Logiteck c525 doesn't work with this rom. Maybe you can fix it?

Best regards,
      danta.

Comment

thanks Bob and mhkao2100

Originally posted by mhkao2100 View Post
        I have encounter same problem too, the parmeters file of 4gb & 6gb is wrong.... change the system partiton size from 0x120000 to 0x130000 will make it work! for example: 0x00130000@0x00884000(system),-@0x009B4000(user)
        thanks mhkao2100 your fix worked for me on the 6gb

Comment

Finally flashed this rom and am amazed atm, will see how it behaves in the next days

Edit: only issue i see for now is that wifi disconnects when bluetooth is enabled, but afterwards it reconnects and is permanently functional in parallel, which was not the case before.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

I've flashed this ROM since it came out and so far all I can say is GREAT JOB.
            I'm only waiting if Bob will fix flickering in recovery mode and add CWM or TWRP

Comment

What for do u use recovery mode? I have not found a usecase yet.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

It is much easier to make full backup and restore of ROM. Apps like Titanium backup can read and restore apps from such images.
                Of course, upgrade from recovery is much easier and no problems with windows/linux drivers and detecting devices, and it can read SD card.

Comment

You can flash firmware from recovery that is not an update.zip? Didnt even boot to recovery once yet, but i am pretty sure you need a cwm based recovery to take nandroid backups, and afaik finless doesnt include cwm in his rom.

So if you see screen flickers in cwm recovery, you need to talk to the recovery maker, as it has its own kernel which needs hdmi voltage to be corrected.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

I talked to Bob just page before and he said that he left recovery as it is but will try to make new one with CWM or TWRP.
                    So, I have this problem with this recovery (original). I have same problem when ROM boots up for first time but when I change resolution to 1280x720@60 everything is OK. Tested on three TV's and only one didn't have that problem.

Comment

Loaded this up a few times on my MK908v3. Started with the 1080p boot and 1080p kernel, but it looked a little off to me - everything just seemed way too big, so instead opted for the 720p boot and 1080p kernel - which looked a nicer fit for me.

I did however try an overclock kernel (went for the max - kernel1080_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr667.img) but am seeing quite a few reboots in general use - air mouse cursor hangs, then just reboots...

Anyone else seeing this, and if so, in which kernel(s)? Which one(s) are working for you guys?

Is it possible to reflash *just* the kernel, and so not have to restore everything again?

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by plinkykev View Post
                        Loaded this up a few times on my MK908v3. Started with the 1080p boot and 1080p kernel, but it looked a little off to me - everything just seemed way too big, so instead opted for the 720p boot and 1080p kernel - which looked a nicer fit for me.

I did however try an overclock kernel (went for the max - kernel1080_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr667.img) but am seeing quite a few reboots in general use - air mouse cursor hangs, then just reboots...

Anyone else seeing this, and if so, in which kernel(s)? Which one(s) are working for you guys?

Is it possible to reflash *just* the kernel, and so not have to restore everything again?
                        Sure, you can uncheck everything else but the kernel and you will be fine.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                          Sure, you can uncheck everything else but the kernel and you will be fine.
                          Cool, thanks. Maybe i'll load some up and run then for a day or two to see which are OK, then post the results.

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by plinkykev View Post
                            Cool, thanks. Maybe i'll load some up and run then for a day or two to see which are OK, then post the results.
                            I am not sure, but i think oc us not recommended without a cooling mod. I use my v3 with standard 1080p kernel and all looks good for now

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

ROM is now re-uploaded WITH fixed parameter files!

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Great!
                                Thank you Bob!

Comment

Working...
                                X