No announcement yet.

NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to change the mouse pointer size in this ROM - I'd like to make it smaller.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yacir View Post

Tronsmart MK908II
      Kernel:
      3.0.36+
      sz_V_105j2#17

Vendor Software version:
      205j2 17-12-2013

In order to upgrade the firmaware, I'm trying to put the device into flash mode.
      no matter what Id o, i cannot get it recognized by the windows 7 PC. (i have been using the reset button with the USB cable connected to OTG port)

There is a “connect to PC” checkbox in Settings. should it be checked to be able to be detected by PC? I find that when i checked it, next time i reboot the device, it becomes unchecked. is it something preventing it to be recognized by the PC?

can anyone give me an idea why is it like that? am i missing something?
      bringing it up, if someone can guide me on this.
      pardon me if I'm missing some fundamental ... i'm new to these stuff.

Comment

Hi, I just want to report 2 things:

1. Screen flickers. I used non-overclocked kernels and 720p.
        2. Cant download Plants Vs Zombies 2 from Google Play, somethings wrong with device config. as I could in previous rom.

Thats all!

Comment

For what it's worth 1.8 is working very well for me. I have tested Netflix HD, Youtube HD, Newsy app, locally loaded 1080p files etc. Wifi is getting 20%-30% faster throughput. I believe my previous ROM (1.6a) had some issues beyond the poor internal antenna that was causing me to get no more than 5mbps on a very solid connection. Now I can achieve around 15mbps.

Bluetooth also tested fine with no interruptions or playback issues. I even used Bluetooth while Netflix streaming with no hiccups. Have also verified the device stability after approximately 2 hours - one of which I tested HD .mp4 playback from SD. No reboots so far or heat issues.

Other things; device bootup time is much faster now. I get a working OS at 35 seconds or so whereas before it took a minute or more. The boot animation is also much nicer than before.

I'm really digging this release so far Bob, can't wait for your MK908 Kitkat release, no matter how long it takes!

Comment

wifi and usb/ethernet very very slow ... when they work !

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Hello Bob,

First I want to thank you for your backup tool !!! it works very well !!!
            I tried your 1.8 rom, with stock, custom and OC kernel, and I have this connection problem like the 1.7 ...
            Wifi or usb/ethernet connection very very slow ... when it works ...
            So I put back my configuration I had before with your backup tool ...

Just for info ...

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by fatbasket View Post
              Is it possible to change the mouse pointer size in this ROM - I'd like to make it smaller.
              Thanks
              You would need to edit the graphic itself, it is located in system/framework/framework-res.apk in res/mdpi/ but i dont remember the exact filename in there.

Use 7zip to open/modify the apk on a pc, resize the graphic and replace the apk on the stick using any root enabled filemanager. Dont forget to set file permissions as they have been before and reboot.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

回覆: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by yacir View Post
                bringing it up, if someone can guide me on this.
                pardon me if I'm missing some fundamental ... i'm new to these stuff.
                Your device is MK908II? Then you come to the wrong place. MK908II isn't equal to MK908.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                  You would need to edit the graphic itself, it is located in system/framework/framework-res.apk in res/mdpi/ but i dont remember the exact filename in there.

Use 7zip to open/modify the apk on a pc, resize the graphic and replace the apk on the stick using any root enabled filemanager. Dont forget to set file permissions as they have been before and reboot.

tapatalked from i9300

Sorted, thanks for your help.

Comment

working vnc server

i have try all vnc servers for android but i can't control the device remotely.
                    i have see that this has to do with a module called uinput.ko or somthing like that
                    is it posible to add a working vnc server on your next rom for mk908.

thanks

Comment

wrong thread - Apology

Originally posted by sushiboy View Post
                      Your device is MK908II? Then you come to the wrong place. MK908II isn't equal to MK908.
                      Thanks for pointing it out .... I probably misread the title before posting. sorry about that

Comment

Work on 908 V3?
                        ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
                        KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

Re: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by TheDogg View Post
                          Work on 908 V3?
                          Yes

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sushiboy View Post
                            Yes

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Thank you. I flashed it and working perfect.
                            ROM - Tronsmart MK908 V3 Finless 1.4a ~Legitsu
                            KERNEL - ddr720_CPU1600h_gpu600_MK908V3

Comment

AV Out

Will there be support for AV out ?

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by smallishzulu View Post
                                Will there be support for AV out ?
                                There is no AV-out on the device, how you want to achieve that?

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Working...
                                X