Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

回覆: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post

BTW I am glad I don't have a V3, that version has been a problem since it came out! Touchy damn thing!

Bob
    Actually I'm using MK908 V3. When I used it with 1.7 ROM, I got random boot sometimes. I upgraded to 1.8 since it was released first day. It is extremely stable for me with 1.8 ROM.

Thank you, Bob.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lord-J View Post
      Hello,

I want to know if there's a tool to back up all ... you never know ... if 1.8 is not ok for me ...

Thanks
      Back up complete ROM and user data with this:

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank you Bob for all your work !
        I download the tool ... now I'm trying to understand the instructions ... little hard for me, because I'm from a french island in the caribean, and english is not my first language ...
        even with the google translate it's not easy .. lol
        I tried the first step :
        "OK first lets dump the basic flashable ROM:

To do ANY dumping we need to dump the parameter file of the ROM from NAND.
        Why? because we need the start (offset) and count (size) of the partition or we can’t dump anything.
        1) Click the advance functions tab.
        2) At the bottom is the "export image" button and to empty boxes, Start and Count.
        3) To get the parameter file put a 0 in the start box and a 2 in the count.
        4) Now press the export image button."

The device was detected, but when I follow the instruction above, I can't go further I have this message : "Match device type failed, stop running"

What I have to do ?

Thanks

Comment

The box needs to be in ROM flash mode like you would be flashing a ROM.
          If at the bottom of the tool it says Found one MSC device then press the switch button and it will put the device in flash mode. If that doesn't work then you the reset button to put it in flash mode.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

hdmi boot

Is the device booting when switching to HDMI with this rom? because with 1.7 I have to plug the cable off and in again to make it boot.
            And also, does zooming work ?
            And is it possible to change right mouse button behaviour? Right click to go back is so annoying, i click it too much .. and my parents can't get used to it.
            Last edited by Sarunaszx; 04-05-2014, 20:28.

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Sarunaszx View Post
              Is the device booting when switching to HDMI with this rom? because with 1.7 I have to plug the cable off and in again to make it boot.
              And also, does zooming work ?
              And is it possible to change right mouse button behaviour? Right click to go back is so annoying, i click it too much .. and my parents can't get used to it.
              I think hdmi boot is not supported by the hardware. At least i havent seen that feature on any of these devices yet.

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                I think hdmi boot is not supported by the hardware. At least i havent seen that feature on any of these devices yet.

tapatalked from i9300
                so why isn't there any switch on button or something? how am I supposed to turn it on?
                Do I always have to replug cable in order to turn it on again?

Comment

Tronsmart MK908II
                  Kernel:
                  3.0.36+
                  sz_V_105j2#17

Vendor Software version:
                  205j2 17-12-2013

In order to upgrade the firmaware, I'm trying to put the device into flash mode.
                  no matter what Id o, i cannot get it recognized by the windows 7 PC. (i have been using the reset button with the USB cable connected to OTG port)

There is a “connect to PC” checkbox in Settings. should it be checked to be able to be detected by PC? I find that when i checked it, next time i reboot the device, it becomes unchecked. is it something preventing it to be recognized by the PC?

can anyone give me an idea why is it like that? am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarunaszx View Post
                    so why isn't there any switch on button or something? ...
                    Do I always have to replug cable in order to turn it on again?
                    Yes, cable in+out is the power switch - very high-tech! Some newer Android units (A928?) have a power switch, but to be honest mine is always on, except when flashing new builds or away on holidays. I use the built in power down/reboot apps so everything shuts down cleanly and un-mounts, which I am not sure a physical switch would do so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      The box needs to be in ROM flash mode like you would be flashing a ROM.
                      If at the bottom of the tool it says Found one MSC device then press the switch button and it will put the device in flash mode. If that doesn't work then you the reset button to put it in flash mode.

Bob
                      ok, thank you bob !

Comment

Wifi droping out I there a fix for this ?

Comment

Stock 1080p kernel have random screen flashes. I just flashed it with the 1080vsync kernel that was included with the 1.7a ROM thread. Gonna report how it goes as I use the above combination.

Comment

Hi Finless!
                            Are you gonna work on Finless 2.0 KitKat for MK908?

Comment

Been watching some mp4s using BS Player, and the screen still flashed in 1080p but much less frequent on the 1.7a 1080p kernel vs the one included with this release. Is screen flashing caused by a warm device?

I never had this problem with 1.7a. Been using the same power adapter too (the one that came with the player)

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by calvin_gsc View Post
                                Been watching some mp4s using BS Player, and the screen still flashed in 1080p but much less frequent on the 1.7a 1080p kernel vs the one included with this release. Is screen flashing caused by a warm device?

I never had this problem with 1.7a. Been using the same power adapter too (the one that came with the player)
                                Afaik it is caused by wrong hdmi voltage, which definitely could be influenced by temperature as well...

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Working...
                                X