NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancin View Post
    Mine says the same text. Just run the tool and it should flash the finless ROM onto it.
    Right, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by papamopps View Post
      For me it was also a different text..

But as I pushed "flash rom" everything went fine...

If there is no device detectet it will tell you "cannot flash, because no device"

So give it a try.
      Thanks

Comment

Finless 1.8 rom based on update_mk908_203j2203_overseas ??

Is this rom based on update_mk908_203j2203_overseas.img ?
        Or in other words will it support the
        BL-S4 remote which is added in the latest (2014.02.17) factory rom?
        Also curious how you can see if you have a V1 V3 or other model number is always MK908.

Hm looks like my rom is even newer.
        Kernel 3.0.36+
        sz_V_203j2 #13
        Fri Mar 7 15:33:47 CST 2014
        Vendor software:
        204j2

Comment

Originally posted by bshogeman View Post
          Is this rom based on update_mk908_203j2203_overseas.img ?
          Or in other words will it support the
          BL-S4 remote which is added in the latest (2014.02.17) factory rom?
          Also curious how you can see if you have a V1 V3 or other model number is always MK908.

Hm looks like my rom is even newer.
          Kernel 3.0.36+
          sz_V_203j2 #13
          Fri Mar 7 15:33:47 CST 2014
          Vendor software:
          204j2
          You can find out what version you by removing the case (it's printed on the board).

Comment

What resolution are you running?

I am using the 1080 kernel/boot.
            Images on my TV are super crisp and I havent had a lockup (yet). However, I noticed, when playing a game (like Wind up knight 2), that performance is slightly choppy.

Do any of you play games?

Comment

I don't play really play games on mine. I mainly use it for movies (which are fine) but certain Emulators are slightly choppy. I using the 720p kernel. Hoping for some overclocked kernels.

Comment

So far the only problem that I have ran into with this ROM is that it crushes when I try using OpenVPN app. I can install it, but when about to connect, box reboots.

Comment

My problem at the moment.

I cannot open a different musicplayer than the stock one...

At the beginning all worked fine. But now....even after trying to uninstall an reinstall any musicplayer... It just does not open.

And i can play music only woth build in musicplayer.

Comment

hi bob, you got a bee or a trons ? i plan to get that little beast and expected it'll work as i expect... i'm pretty confuse with all revision version of that mk stick. v3 is a pure crap as i read. this rom work on all board version ? or to play a lot with rom devel,they all have different wifi chip

Of course thx for your passionate and good work on this rom, i know how many time it could take to have a final desccent rom. keep that way

btw eric say as i read that they only ship v5 now, and they don't have any bee

a bee or a tron or a bee or

Comment

2 quick question to whoever might help:

1) is there a way to (via app or not) to turn off the external usb powering from android, or at the shutdown? (this would be nice to turn off hard disk, since usb ports are always on)

2) unfortunately some of the apps i bought on the store are not installable on the finless rom (bad device spoofing?). Is there a way to fix this?

tnx in advance

Comment

netflix stutter

Hi everyone, I got a V5 stick yesterday and its a T model even though it was advertised at 1.6GHz Grrr. so looking around here I notice a lot of people are struggling with stutter on videos. I have played around with the various kernels from the OP and have settled on the 720p/720p one. The reason is it gave me the best Antutu scores without being overclocked. I did have issues with the wifi in this rom constantly dropping out but I reflashed it a couple of times and it came back perfect (I am currently using the stock 2Gb storage script).

So moving on, I then tried Netflix, wow what a dissapointment, 480p, stuttering etc, whereas XBMC runs great with no stuttering and HD! So I have dug a bit further into this. I can get HD from netflix if I change my sticks ID's to be a nexus 10, do that reboot and install Netflix and bang its HD. The downside is the stuttering in the video while it tries to decide which resolution to use. Obviously I didnt want to go back 10 years in video quality so a bit more digging around and it seems if you install an older version of the Netflix app you can get the stutter to pretty much vanish. I started with V3.0 build 1010 which was rock solid but not HD and worked up from there to end up at build 1042 as being the best for low stuttering. Anything after that progressively gets worse. build 1142 is pretty good but still annoying at times.

So for those lucky enough to be able to be able to overclock and want HD netflix too you will need build prop editor, first uninstall netflix then back up your original build prop (which currently pretends to be a galaxy s3) and change the following
                        ro.product.model=Nexus 10
                        ro.product.brand=google
                        ro.product.name=mantaray
                        ro.product.device=manta
                        ro.product.board=manta
                        ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
                        ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
                        ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Save the build prop and reboot the stick then install netflix. You should find yourself viewing in HD. V5 users I am afraid will get HD but it will stutter. I will have a play around to see if I can get HD Netflix on V5 sticks before I send my device back for a refund. I Do believe that for the later versions of Netflix to get into HD you really need KitKat due to some DRM stuff missing in JellyBean, this might explain the stuttering.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaSpooky View Post
                          2 quick question to whoever might help:

1) is there a way to (via app or not) to turn off the external usb powering from android, or at the shutdown? (this would be nice to turn off hard disk, since usb ports are always on)

2) unfortunately some of the apps i bought on the store are not installable on the finless rom (bad device spoofing?). Is there a way to fix this?

tnx in advance
                          maybe this'll help:

Comment

I've installed that rom in my device, bu i have trouble with the wifi, it seems connected but no data is passing.
                            Also after some time it does not connect with "authentication problem"
                            My wifi is WPA2 and work for every other device.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
                              Thanx for the reminder Bob...everything is o.k....Antutu score was 18,800 w/stock kernel...Just to add to unbrick post, I shall quote you in one of your thread concerning downgrading from KitKat to Jellybean "...Now a warning to all going from kitkat back to JB.
                              DO NOT load up the JB ROM kit and erase NAND. Load up the KitKAt ROM kit, erase NAND, then exit. Now run the JB ROM kit and flash the ROM. This should keep you from hard bricking..
                              Thank you
                              www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

install USB RJ45 ethernet driver

Hello,

My config : MK908 on finless 1.8 rom + usb ethernet adapter "china"

How to install elements for a Usb ethernet adapter ?

In CD, i have a diretory with 3 files :
                                ch9x00.c ( driver in c )
                                makefile
                                readme.txt ( show down )

sorry for my english THANKS

Ps :
                                readme.txt :
                                1. Please run as root
                                2. Supported linux kernel range from 2.6.x to 3.8.x
                                3. CH9x00 module depends on mii and usbnet modules
                                4. If you want complied this module in kernel, refer to followed
                                a. # cp ch9x00.c ~/2.6.25/driver/net/usb/
                                b. # cd ~/2.6.25/driver/net/usb/
                                c. modified Makefile and Kconfig for ch9x00.c

Install:
                                # make
                                # make load

Uninstall:
                                # make unload

Comment

Working...
                                X