NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    ROM is now re-uploaded WITH fixed parameter files!

Bob
    Hey Bob, do you know a way to get the Mk908 V5 to overclock?

Thanks

Comment

thx bob, your work appreciated

Comment

Wifi failure---MK908 V3 with AP6210

Wifi is weak, sometime stop.(AP disappeared)
        Flash with 1080p. Manufacturer rom:http://www.netxeon.com/article.php?id=89
        Last edited by bryanhk; 04-03-2014, 13:07.

Comment

Hi,

Nice job, flash went well with last upload.

But... I feel that wifi is slower than with 1.7... My Plex client is stuck getting 1080p running when it was smooth before...

I'll try to come back to 1.7 and cross check...

BR
          Psy

Comment

Bob, there seems to be a temperature issue with the kernel, i am not totally sure yet, but i think 1.7b kernel was cooler (1080p both)

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

thumbs up

heya finless..

upgraded my 1.7 to 1.8 on the default setting..
              just changed the 720 kernel and boot to 1080 as this device is going to a friend of mine as a birthday gift.

Noticed on my 720 tv that the screen blacks out every so many seconds, but that's fine when I set the screen HDMI back to 1280x720p-60 (that way I can finish installing this and set it back to 1080 before I power down and birthday wrap this stick )

Don't know if that's normal behavior, so thought best to mention

Thanks for another fine rom!

Comment

Originally posted by plinkykev View Post
                I did however try an overclock kernel (went for the max - kernel1080_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr667.img) but am seeing quite a few reboots in general use - air mouse cursor hangs, then just reboots...
                That is the issue I always had with the Finless rom with my v3, plenty of random reboots and hangs. Let me know if you find a kernel without issues.

The only "stable" rom has been jjhmod for me http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l-Rom-Download!

Hoping there will be a final 4.4 soon for v3, I am not even bothering about the beta

Comment

thanks bob

thanks bob will give a go

Comment

Originally posted by Psykroro View Post
                    Hi,

Nice job, flash went well with last upload.

But... I feel that wifi is slower than with 1.7... My Plex client is stuck getting 1080p running when it was smooth before...

I'll try to come back to 1.7 and cross check...

BR
                    Psy
                    Just back to 1.7a and I have the same wifi performance as with 1.8 BUT Plex client (same version as before) is able to run 1080p @20Mbs smoothly...

During the flashing back to 1.7a I remembered that we don't have the same OC available as with 1.8.

I'm running CPU@1800/GPU@798/DDR@720 on 1.7a, @Bob : May I ask you the same OC for 1080p/1.8 kernel to test ?

As it's working back now this is not urgent (my wife and my daughter are happy so I have less pressure

Many thx
                    Psy

Comment

AW: NEW - MK908 Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Psykroro View Post
                      Just back to 1.7a and I have the same wifi performance as with 1.8 BUT Plex client (same version as before) is able to run 1080p @20Mbs smoothly...

During the flashing back to 1.7a I remembered that we don't have the same OC available as with 1.8.

I'm running CPU@1800/GPU@798/DDR@720 on 1.7a, @Bob : May I ask you the same OC for 1080p/1.8 kernel to test ?

As it's working back now this is not urgent (my wife and my daughter are happy so I have less pressure

Many thx
                      Psy
                      Did u try running the 1.8 rom with 1.7a kernel?

tapatalked from i9300

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                        Did u try running the 1.8 rom with 1.7a kernel?

tapatalked from i9300
                        Hi,

I didn't know we can do this

I'll give a try

Psy

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                          I am not sure, but i think oc us not recommended without a cooling mod. I use my v3 with standard 1080p kernel and all looks good for now
                          OK, i've tried all the 1080p ROMs and all seem unstable on my fairly stock MK908v3 (no cooling mods, just hardwired external wifi antenna).

They all reboot lots, at idle, navigating menus, watching videos (mix of resolutions) in MX Player and BS Player.

I've dropped back to the standard 1080p version and it's a lot better, but still seeing some reboots. Are there any log files I can submit or apps to load to trap these reboots and report the issues? Anyone got a 100% stable version? It works OK for me but it's pissing off my kids when it reboots in the middle of their videos!

Comment

Originally posted by plinkykev View Post
                            OK, i've tried all the 1080p ROMs and all seem unstable on my fairly stock MK908v3 (no cooling mods, just hardwired external wifi antenna).

They all reboot lots, at idle, navigating menus, watching videos (mix of resolutions) in MX Player and BS Player.

I've dropped back to the standard 1080p version and it's a lot better, but still seeing some reboots. Are there any log files I can submit or apps to load to trap these reboots and report the issues? Anyone got a 100% stable version? It works OK for me but it's pissing off my kids when it reboots in the middle of their videos!
                            I would try another powers supply. Stability issues like this usually is a power problem.
                            And yes, different ROMs can demand more power so just because one ROM worked does not mean you don't have a power issue. Eliminate that just to be sure.

BTW I am glad I don't have a V3, that version has been a problem since it came out! Touchy damn thing!

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              I would try another powers supply. Stability issues like this usually is a power problem.
                              I have a 5A PSU and it does not solve any problems for my V3 unfortunately. Still have the same amount of reboots/hangs. Seems like a software issue to me given that the JJH mod does not have those problems as much on the V3. Only problem is wifi is not as good with JJH.

Comment

Hello,

I have a mk908 v5, to make it run correctly I tried a lot of rom during 2 month ...
                                It works now, just a heat problem, but I take a PC fan and a usb cable, to make a usb fan and now it's ok.
                                I want to try this new Finless 1.8 rom, but before I erase my device, I want to know if there's a tool to back up all ... you never know ... if 1.8 is not ok for me ...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X