No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just looking for a solution to the permissions problem.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Mobile standby battery drain

Hello,

I installed rileyROM 2.7.2 on a m9 pro WiFi, works a charm. The only glitch is that although I have no 3G on the tablet, it says in battery settings that 'mobile standby' has been on and accounts for some battery use. It is particularly important when the tablet is on sleep, as mobile standby then is the only source of battery drain.
      Has it been already discussed? I couldn't find anything relating to that...

Thanks for your help!
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by gregou View Post
        Hello,

I installed rileyROM 2.7.2 on a m9 pro WiFi, works a charm. The only glitch is that although I have no 3G on the tablet, it says in battery settings that 'mobile standby' has been on and accounts for some battery use. It is particularly important when the tablet is on sleep, as mobile standby then is the only source of battery drain.

Thanks for your help!
        Greg
        I am unable to help Greg, but I can assure you that you are not the only one! I DO have 3g on my tablet yet I am also unable to remove this phenomenon even with no SIM fitted and all phone radios turned off. Happy days keeping the charger handy!!

Comment

Originally posted by gregou View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for your help!
          Greg
          Since you don't have 3G, your device will benefit from a patched library file that turns off the 3G functions of the ROM to allow true deep sleep. I included this in previous ROMs, but it prevented 3G from working properly.

Download this file onto your SD card:

Open a rooted file manager app. I use Xplore (free from Google Play).

Under configuration, change "root access" to "Superuser + mount writable".

Browse in "root" to system/lib and find libril-rk29-dataonly.so and rename that file with .bak extension.

Copy the downloaded file to the system/lib folder.

Press and hold that file in the system/lib folder and select permissions from the menu and give the file 644 permissions.

Reboot.

See if that helps with deep sleep.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            Since you don't have 3G, your device will benefit from a patched library file that turns off the 3G functions of the ROM to allow true deep sleep. I included this in previous ROMs, but it prevented 3G from working properly.

Download this file onto your SD card:

Open a rooted file manager app. I use Xplore (free from Google Play).

Under configuration, change "root access" to "Superuser + mount writable".

Browse in "root" to system/lib and find libril-rk29-dataonly.so and rename that file with .bak extension.

Copy the downloaded file to the system/lib folder.

Press and hold that file in the system/lib folder and select permissions from the menu and give the file 644 permissions.

Reboot.

See if that helps with deep sleep.
            Hey Randy, can I try this as well? - I don't need the 3G in mine. Actually, I think I may have tried before, but not with KitKat! I have tried so many things I am going crazy!!

Comment

Yes, if you aren't worried about 3G...it should work for you.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Yes, if you aren't worried about 3G...it should work for you.
                Thanks Randy, downloading now - I will check it out over the next few days. I am on 4G now, so this tablet is already out of date - need to get myself one of those new-fangled LTE phones now!!

Comment

644 permissions

Sorry for being dumb here Randy, but what are 644 permissions?? I am using ESfile explorer and this does not give numbers for permissions, only read/write/execute - I have ticked all nine boxes to give the file all permissions - I am guessing this is OK? Tablet is still working after reboot, so I haven't broken anything!

Comment

That should be OK...a little bit overboard, but for simplicity sake...go with it.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

That should be OK...a little bit overboard, but for simplicity sake...go with it.
                      Cool, Thanks.

Comment

I tested that file on my m9 with 3g and it indeed slept better but it was too good because the tablet was almost inpossible to start after an longer sleep (over night) some time i even had to press the reset button to get it gooing. So i am back at the orginal one and get about 1% battery drain / hour.
                        I am going to test to just rename the orginal file so that it wont be loaded to see wath that will give.

regards Mats

Comment

Originally posted by datmbn View Post
                          I tested that file on my m9 with 3g and it indeed slept better but it was too good because the tablet was almost inpossible to start after an longer sleep (over night) some time i even had to press the reset button to get it gooing. So i am back at the orginal one and get about 1% battery drain / hour.
                          I am going to test to just rename the orginal file so that it wont be loaded to see wath that will give.

regards Mats
                          AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH Thanks Mats, but too late! I left it over lunch - must have been less than an hour and it had gone to dead seep!! (my new term for deeper than deep sleep!!) reset then reboot and I will have to go back to the other lib file!!! Thanks also for confirming you are also losing about 1% per hour - I thought I was the only one!!

Comment

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.7 KitKat

What worked for my wifi only m9pro: turn airplane mode on and Turn in wifi after that.

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                              AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH Thanks Mats, but too late! I left it over lunch - must have been less than an hour and it had gone to dead seep!! (my new term for deeper than deep sleep!!) reset then reboot and I will have to go back to the other lib file!!! Thanks also for confirming you are also losing about 1% per hour - I thought I was the only one!!
                              Have you try when you are in 'dead sleep' to plug usb. when I was in 4.2.2 it has woke up my tablet many times no need to reset it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejc View Post
                                Have you try when you are in 'dead sleep' to plug usb. when I was in 4.2.2 it has woke up my tablet many times no need to reset it.
                                Interesting, but I don't carry the cable with me!! All these little issues are adding up and when I get to the UK in July I will be buying myself a real tablet. My 8 months playing with this one has convinced me it will be a useful tool for work - BUT, I need reliability and SD Card readability and long battery life, so who knows what I will end up with!! Maybe a Lenovo YogaPro, or possibly a new windows based slate!! I will keep this M9Pro as it is great for pushing HDMI to the TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X