Pipo RK3288 Tablets: Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woof View Post
    Pipo dropped the ball bigtime on the Ultra-U6. The lagginess and extremely slow NAND write speed rendered the tab virtually unusable when background processes are working. Aside from that, they never fixed Miracast and GPS. I have since sold my tablet cheap. Sad that Pipo hobbled a perfectly capable hardware platform with terrible half-baked firmware. My inquiries with Anna just led to run arounds which i don't want to deal with anymore. Pipo is in the business of making tablets that tick the most feature boxes. But they are ultimately unusable contrary to what the benchmarks and specs may suggest. The U6 scores 20k in Antutu but my older dual core tablets and phones run smoother and more reliably.

Pipo, when will you ever learn to release stable and market-ready firmware that don't make your customers into beta testers that are always looking forward to a proper fix from your dev team?

I have recently gotten an Asus MeMO Pad 7 with an Intel Bay Trail Z3745 processor. It runs wickedly fast and smooth. A day and night experience compared to the crap Ultra-U6 at the same price point.

Sorry to rant here but i hope Pipo wakes up and steps up the quality of their firmware.

To Pipo, please just focus on delivering properly working firmware and drop efforts in developing fancy useless stuff like your unstable family launcher, etc.

yes there is a proper way to go about this . just please be mindful of everyone else ,and keep your post in the correct place ok . thanks
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

I was too confused to make a reply to that one....

It's OK to rant...and this thread has plenty of rants (mine included), but please make a new thread if you want to rant about a specific device (other than the one's we are talking about in this thread).

BTW, I don't think the U6 was a very popular tablet. I made a ROM for it, but got very little discussion. Hmmmm, maybe you should have posted your rant on one of the U6 threads.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

So sorry for being a troll and OT. I don't own a P1 or a P8, nor will I ever own one because I have wisened-up.

I was just hoping that the marketing and hype machine does not get into people's minds that Pipo will change their ways in the manner with which they manufacture and support their products. Randy, you know all too well that Pipo has rarely (if ever) released a final ROM for their long list of products that was stable and had everything working properly. It may be their fault or Rock Chip's, whatever...

I know a few folks here are serious hobbyists and Android devs that enjoy the challenge of fixing and flashing stuff. But seeing as this site has a wide readership, most are probably just getting feedback to support a purchase decision. As usual, Pipo's new products have attractive packaging and nice specs, as well as the usual array of bugs based on preliminary reviews. They may or may not get fixed but we all know from history that not all will in the case of Pipo.

Again, I apologize for being OT but I feel compelled to let prospective buyers know that:
        1) Pipo and Rockchip abandon support way too early and leave many things hanging for end users.
        2) For the same price, there are now better alternatives when there was precious few or none before.

Thanks for your kind indulgence. This is the last.

To the mods: I intentionally posted this here as this is the more active/recent new tablet thread for Pipo. However, please feel free to move this and my previous post to the right section if you think it is warranted.

Comment

So sorry for being a troll and OT. I don't own a P1 or a P8, nor will I ever own one because I have wisened-up.

I was just hoping that the marketing and hype machine does not get into people's minds that Pipo will change their ways in the manner with which they manufacture and support their products. Randy, you know all too well that Pipo has rarely (if ever) released a final ROM for their long list of products that was stable and had everything working properly. It may be their fault or Rock Chip's, whatever...

I know a few folks here are serious hobbyists and Android devs that enjoy the challenge of fixing and flashing stuff. But seeing as this site has a wide readership, most are probably just getting feedback to support a purchase decision. As usual, Pipo's new products have attractive packaging and nice specs, as well as the usual array of bugs based on preliminary reviews. They may or may not get fixed but we all know from history that not all will in the case of Pipo.

Again, I apologize for being OT but I feel compelled to let prospective buyers know that:
          1) Pipo and Rockchip abandon support way too early and leave many things hanging for end users.
          2) For the same price, there are now better alternatives when there was precious few or none before.

To the mods: I intentionally posted this here as this is the more active/recent new tablet thread for Pipo. However, please feel free to move this and my previous post to the right section if you think it is warranted.
          All my posts in this thread would have the same scope of your point #2...
          Many users here didn't appreciate my efforts to "open eyes" to users at the firs experience of chinese tablet manufacturer like pipo...

So I will not make comparison any more in this thread.

I agree with you that Pipo always abandone the development of tablets too early leaving tablets "uncompleted".
          The beginning of the story is always the same and the P1 IS EXACTLY as all others pipo tablets: to the market in a beta state, but not sold as a beta product...
          Last edited by giouncino; 08-13-2014, 12:12.
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Dear all

If you have doubts or bad experiances OPEN A NEW TREAD.
            Open a new place and post allllllll your frustrations there.
            As for now my frustration is to read this stuff on a place where I not want it after all the negative post from Woof let me think about:
            Why he only posted 2 times here and never asked for help or tried to seek peaple with the same problem? In the past.

So open a new topic /tread for it.
            At such a place all can have a look before they decide to buy or not no buy Pipo products.

THIS TREAD IS FOR PIPO P1 RELATED ISUES.

So I realy hope the mods take their. responceability in this.

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              All my posts in this thread would have the same scope of your point #2...
              Many users here didn't appreciate my efforts to "open eyes" to users at the firs experience of chinese tablet manufacturer like pipo...

So I will not make comparison any more in this thread.

I agree with you that Pipo always abandone the development of tablets too early leaving tablets "uncompleted".
              The beginning of the story is always the same and the P1 IS EXATLY as all others pipo tablets: to the market in a beta state, but not sold as a beta product...

Comment

Comment

One way you can look at it is that at least Pipo tries to fix things in their firmware. That can speak for the 30 or so firmware updates they've put out for some devices. I get your example of the U6...it wasn't as popular as the M series, so it didn't get the same amount of love from Pipo.

I've proposed to Pipo a plan to let me have the sources for their discontinued models, so the developers here at Freaktab can take up where they left off. So far, I haven't seen a response.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    One way you can look at it is that at least Pipo tries to fix things in their firmware. That can speak for the 30 or so firmware updates they've put out for some devices. I get your example of the U6...it wasn't as popular as the M series, so it didn't get the same amount of love from Pipo.

I've proposed to Pipo a plan to let me have the sources for their discontinued models, so the developers here at Freaktab can take up where they left off. So far, I haven't seen a response.

This is not enough for me: when I pay for a product, this product MUST work, if it only "try" to work is not enough...
                    And now Pipo is some steps behind other chinese competitors where everything is working out of the box, and updates comes out only to improve performances of update new functionalities.

I have had an M6pro: never working good as I paid for it. When I pay an object more than 200€ I want it working. For more than 5 months it hangs-up randomly. Pipo never managed to make it fully functional! M6pro reached sufficient stability ONLY with kitkat (after 5 months!!!) but with important missing capability like miracast (that should be embedded with Android) nd other important functions! Then I decided to sell it and buy elsewhere. Now I know with my hands that there are MUCH better alternatives that costs the same or EVEN less!

I have had a Pipo X5 dongle: a complete disaster, firmware so full of bugs that was totally unusable, then after a month it totally stopped working. Wi-fi hand soldered by the chineses, was awful (i needed to open it and build a brand new antenna). Then, when it stopped working i finally trashed it!
                    Then I bought an EZcast dongle, paid 2€ less than the Pipo X5 (14€ EZcast, 16€ Pipo X5) . Really another planet! Fully functional, updating via OTA, with a REAL technical support!

I'm still a administrator if Pipo Italian community (even if I sold my m6pro) so I've seen a LOT of troubles and struggles with Pipo (and with its useless customer care).
                    Onestly NOW I can't suggest to buy pipo to my friends.
                    It is not a good deal today to buy a tablet that internally is kept togheter with TAPE, have big troubles with antennas, always have an awful 3G, some user have experienced DUST under the display (where is quality control?), too many users have had issues with power regualators (= tablets TOTALLY stopped working).

Now there are much better alternatives like teclast or cube or other brand's tablet, they are built better and works stable out of the box!

Comment

Another thread?

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                      This is not enough for me: when I pay for a product, this product MUST work, if it only "try" to work is not enough... blah blah blah blah...out of the box!
                      I may not have much experience on this board, but I do have a little understanding of board etiquette to share. Just a thought. Perhaps posts like these should have its own thread, then even experienced members here can post at the right place. There is nothing more rude than having your irrelevant (a little relevance doesn't justify) posts get in the way of people who follow a thread for genuine reasons.

I follow this thread because I am waiting for a stable ROM to appear. Then I'll buy the Pipo 1. Others have their reasons. Buying a tablet from a Chinese manufacturer is always a risk, and it continues after you get the shipment. You get what you pay. Pipo may suck for you - WE GET IT ALREADY!!! Please go buy something that's tried and tested with local support and warranty. If you don't understand this, then you are dumber than you probably think you are. Every major international brand has products that suck. Even software sucks. We all know why we buy from these Chinese manufacturers. We all just want a good bargain.

This post of mine shouldn't even be here - it has been inspired by the other useful, informative, experienced, 'i want to share', 'buyer beware' posts that BELONGS IN ANOTHER THREAD.

Comment

Just watch the P1 ROM threads for specific info.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Giouncino - mi dispiace

Originally posted by Tnama View Post
                          I may not have much experience... blah blah blah... THREAD.
                          Hey giouncino,

Didn't mean to make it seem personal by referencing your quote specifically. This is not personal. It was just convenient. My bad, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnama View Post
                            Hey giouncino,

Didn't mean to make it seem personal by referencing your quote specifically. This is not personal. It was just convenient. My bad, sorry.
                            No problem,
                            I only answered to Randy for "try to fix".
                            That's all.

On my previous post I only made some comparisons about P1 with m6pro and Cube, that is "on topic".
                            Many users didn't appreciate this, then I stopped any further comments.
                            About the FW you're looking for, this is not the correct thread.

About my stupidity... It's better I don't say anything...
                            Last edited by giouncino; 08-14-2014, 08:38.

Comment

kind request on topic please

To All.

On topic please.

Comment

Is the P8 already on the market?
                                Which kind of display does it use?

Comment

Working...
                                X