No announcement yet.

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if I have cwm already installed. Will I be able to flash your update via cwm?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
      We REALLY need the entire internal storage to be the data partition and the external SD to be the only SD. This is how my Galaxy S4 is due to Cyanogenmod, and it's wonderful. I still managed to almost fill up my data (entire 16GB internal storage) with apps. It was a shock when I bought this tablet and how little apps I can put on it.
      I'm leaning towards that option myself... glad to know it works on the S4. Might try it on my S5.
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

What tablet do you have perfectpitch

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post
          What if I have cwm already installed. Will I be able to flash your update via cwm?
          CWM doesn't usually support the rockchip update.img format (unless you found a version that someone ported this feature into).

As an alternative to the stock recovery, it should also be possible to use many (possibly any) of the various rockchip PC flashing tools to flash via usb.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sorry for being a noob

Can anyone give instructions to root this tablet? If they are posted here I must have missed it. Links to the files would be great too. I installed the update already.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dcc905 View Post
              Can anyone give instructions to root this tablet? If they are posted here I must have missed it. Links to the files would be great too. I installed the update already.

Thanks
              If you've got android version 4.2.2 you can root with kingo root.

If you've got android version 4.4.2 nothing seems to work... you'll need a custom pre-rooted ROM. I thought mine would be ready to upload tonight, but I found a few more things to modify and I'm too tired to continue tonight... I expect to wrap it up and get it posted tomorrow...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have the nxx785qc8g . I used the rktool to flash the 4.4.2 rom by oma and install cwm. So I'll use that

Comment

Re: Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Shaunmt here is a link to OMAs ROM with cwm. His CWM is included in the download zip. It has a flash update.zip from sdcard. Though I have personally not tried that yet on it. I always flashed with rktool. If it works maybe it would help you with twrp. Just a thought.
                  Just picked one of these up from Walmart. So far, not a bad tablet for the price. Their website is reporting it will have a KitKat update on July 15, 2014. Rooting instructions for Nextbook 8 Quad Core (NX785QC8G). 1. Connect to PC via USB...

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post
                    Shaunmt here is a link to OMAs ROM with cwm. His CWM is included in the download zip. It has a flash update.zip from sdcard. Though I have personally not tried that yet on it. I always flashed with rktool. If it works maybe it would help you with twrp. Just a thought.
                    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=54124726
                    I've seen it and I tried to use his device tree to compile TWRP, it compiled successfully, but would not boot...

I'm now working with Abdul's device tree, and TWRP is booting successfully, but needs some tweaks for all the common TWRP features to work on our devices...

unfortunately, neither CWM or TWRP fully support all of the rockchip firmware parts, which means we will probably always need either stock recovery or a PC flash tool to flash things like parameter file, bootloader, or stand-alone kernels...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

We need to take the device properties and apply it to the cwm or twrp tree

Comment

OK was just a thought

Comment

What thoughts do you have in mind for cwm or twrp

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
                            We need to take the device properties and apply it to the cwm or twrp tree
                            Yeah... something like that...

I'm partially done with it, just a few more changes needed to fix the mount points and such... and possibly add some custom mountpoints.

Then I need to decide if I want to try porting any additional Rockchip specific features from the stock SDK or not... I'd really like to add the ability to flash update.img formats to TWRP, but not sure how much work would be involved.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Take your time. No rush. Apply as much as you can so if cm11 gets built you have everything you have

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
                                Take your time. No rush. Apply as much as you can so if cm11 gets built you have everything you have
                                Compiling CM11 should be simple, after TWRP is finished... debugging could present some issues however...
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X