Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize if this has been answered but will this Rom work with the m8n with the square remote.

Comment

Originally posted by lavaman View Post
      I apologize if this has been answered but will this Rom work with the m8n with the square remote.

I have an m8n round remote works perfectly.. If remote doesn't work there is a post with round and square remote file that you can flash too make the remotes work..

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
        I don't know for sure. Maybe bad HDMI cable, or some incompatibility between HDMI driver and the TV.
        Hi codenake I'm also getting cannot change resolution and nil edid when ssh into device, m8 running latest gotham build on 2 samsung TVs under 12 month old, tried different HDMI leads and still the same so don't think its hdmi related, not 100% but sure I could change it on earlier builds of openelec.

Comment

Originally posted by nukeybrown View Post
          Hi codenake I'm also getting cannot change resolution and nil edid when ssh into device, m8 running latest gotham build on 2 samsung TVs under 12 month old, tried different HDMI leads and still the same so don't think its hdmi related, not 100% but sure I could change it on earlier builds of openelec.
          I tried 4 different hdmi cables. 2 new (under 12 months) tvs an lg 3d smart tv and a Samsung. And still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by beats View Post
            Hi Codesnake, I have an that M8 runs great with your openelec from this thread, downloaded your 5.0 beta 2 and tried that on the same box and I get no wifi at all not even the option to turn it on and off?

Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by mannyp View Post
              I tried 4 different hdmi cables. 2 new (under 12 months) tvs an lg 3d smart tv and a Samsung. And still nothing.
              have you tried one of the earlier builds mannyp

Comment

have you tried one of the earlier builds mannyp
                No. I will try that in a few minutes. The kids are watching a movie now

Comment

Originally posted by mannyp View Post
                  No. I will try that in a few minutes. The kids are watching a movie now
                  lol ok manny.

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk1975 View Post
                    hello codesnake

I have a mxIII..2gb. Can i use this one on my box? It's hard to find out if the M8 and MXIII can use the same firmware. And will cec work on my box?

Thanx for your great work.
                    @nighthawk1975, Did you have any luck installing this on your 2gb MXIII? If so, how did you install it?

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                      @nighthawk1975, Did you have any luck installing this on your 2gb MXIII? If so, how did you install it?
                      No need, I installed the CEC Gotham version on my MXIII 2g using the toothpick method and it works really well.

I updated to 4.95.2 to give it a go. All settings were carried over and the experience was snappy and fluid. I have found numerous bugs though -

-No WiFi at all
                      -The OE Config is blank for the most part (see attached)
                      -On screen keyboard is blank and are not able to type even with a usb keyboard (see attached)

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	435366Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot003.jpg
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	435367Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot002.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	435368

Comment

lol ok manny.
                        I tried the 2 previous versions and still didn't work. I ordered a good expensive hdmi cable to test.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
                          No need, I installed the CEC Gotham version on my MXIII 2g using the toothpick method and it works really well.

I updated to 4.95.2 to give it a go. All settings were carried over and the experience was snappy and fluid. I have found numerous bugs though -

-No WiFi at all
                          -The OE Config is blank for the most part (see attached)
                          -On screen keyboard is blank and are not able to type even with a usb keyboard (see attached)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8898[/ATTACH]
                          I can confirm that there's a problem with Wi-Fi in OpenELEC 5.0 Beta2 for M8. But the other two issues is most likely caused by the fact that you use a skin that is not yet compatible with Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
                            I can confirm that there's a problem with Wi-Fi in OpenELEC 5.0 Beta2 for M8. But the other two issues is most likely caused by the fact that you use a skin that is not yet compatible with Kodi.
                            Awesome. I have just reverted back to 4.2.1 and have found that the WiFi is terribly slow. Copying files using samba takes 2x as long as using an OE MX2 on WiFi. I also tried a 1080p stream that worked instantaneously when connected via ethernet but failed to buffer 10% in a minute when on WiFi a moment later. The unit was within a meter from my wireless router.

Comment

tried all previous builds and also justme openelec and still the same, not picking up the edid for resolution so stuck at 720 and greyed out options.

Comment

How can you test your internet speed on this build? I have an M8 and seem to be getting a lot of buffering issues that I didnt get with Stanes MX linux?

Tried this but can't make head nor tale of it
                                OpenELEC:~ # time wget -O /dev/zero speedtest.tweak.nl/100mb.bin
                                Connecting to speedtest.tweak.nl (217.19.16.132:80)
                                zero 100% |*******************************| 100M 0:00:00 ETA
                                real 0m 35.60s
                                user 0m 0.13s
                                sys 0m 1.39s

Comment

Working...
                                X