Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i try to go to add ons to install keymap editor and the list is blank this is on mxiii 2g

Comment

The m8 with no N that doesnt work is board rev: m9&m8 v0.92 date 2014/03/12

the m8 with no N that does work with hdmi , resolution change etc is h8&m8 v2.0 date 2014/07/08

Comment

Originally posted by nukeybrown View Post
        The m8 with no N that doesnt work is board rev: m9&m8 v0.92 date 2014/03/12

the m8 with no N that does work with hdmi , resolution change etc is h8&m8 v2.0 date 2014/07/08
        I have m9&m8 v0.92 date 2014/03/12 and it does work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
          just checked again make sure i got it right and yes the m9&m8 v0.92 is the one that doesnt work for me.

now im totally lost

Comment

Reply for Smilez:-)

You need to unpack the archive "OpenELEC-CodeSnake-Meson8-K200-devel-320a148.zip" with Winrar or Winzip, and then you put the 3 files "factory_update_param.aml + OpenELEC-CodeSnake-Meson8-K200-update.zip + recovery.img" onto a SD-card and insert it into the M8 box, and enter recovery using a toothpick* The installation should start automatically.

1. Unplug the power to the box.
            2. Using a toothpick or something similar, insert it into the back of the A/V port until you hear a slight click sound. (This is the hidden button in the A/V port and you should be able to feel the button depress)
            3. Holding the button down in the A/V port, you will plug the box back into the power.
            4. You should now be in recovery

Originally posted by smilez View Post
            But im not getting stuck at the matricom logo. I run the recovery then I run 1.1.6 which installed fine. It's installing openelec I have a problem with. Codesnake said look for ZIP file. When Downlaod the 4.2.1 file it decompress itself when it finish downlaoding. The whole the time I went into the folder an compress the four files that was in the folder. When Trynna to install from ext it would say archive .zip and it wouldn't work. But then I figured I was suppose compress the folder without going in it. It rename it as what I downloaded as but it still wouldn't install. When Trynna install from ext It say recognizing file look like it's gonna install robot is up the it will abort install. Idk wish there is a vid on this to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm not tech savvy at all but I do appreciate u guys Trynna help me.

Comment

whats the build date etc on your 3e recovery codesnake

mines KOT49H 20140903

Comment

whats the build date etc on your 3e recovery codesnake

mines KOT49H 20140903
                Recovery was updated by OpenELEC. So we should have the same version.

Comment

Looks like I'm getting 2.8mbps on wifi on a 50mb connection and only slightly better with ethernet? OpenELEC:~ # time wget -O /dev/zero speedtest.tweak.nl/100mb.bin
                  Connecting to speedtest.tweak.nl (217.19.16.132:80)
                  zero 100% |*******************************| 100M 0:00:00 ETA
                  real 0m 35.60s
                  user 0m 0.13s
                  sys 0m 1.39s

What's up with that.

Comment

Recovery was updated by OpenELEC. So we should have the same version.
                    Thought that after i posted lol.

Only strange thing is if i revert back to android and change the resolution to 1080p then go back to openelec it starts up 1080p (before 720p) but as soon as the openelec logo appears it reverts back to 720p

Comment

Thought that after i posted lol.

Only strange thing is if i revert back to android and change the resolution to 1080p then go back to openelec it starts up 1080p (before 720p) but as soon as the openelec logo appears it reverts back to 720p
                      If someone wants to help the development and have such a failing M8 box, you can donate it to me, and I'll try to fix the issue. Otherwise I cannot reproduce the issue and unlikely will be able to fix it.

Comment

Hello somebady can tellme if the ISTREAM addons work in this beta 3 of KODI thanks.

Comment

If someone wants to help the development and have such a failing M8 box, you can donate it to me, and I'll try to fix the issue. Otherwise I cannot reproduce the issue and unlikely will be able to fix it.
                          Tell me where to send it to you codesnake I'll be more than happy to do it.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem... I hate it
                            Love codesnake openelec but hate that I have no cec and 1080...

Comment

Originally posted by mannyp View Post
                              Tell me where to send it to you codesnake I'll be more than happy to do it.
                              @nukeybrown was faster

Comment

@nukeybrown was faster
                                Well thank you both. I'm very grateful and I'm sure everyone with the issue is too.

Comment

Working...
                                X