Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck During Installation

Help!

In an attempt to fix my HDMI issue I have tried to do a fresh install of the "stable" Gotham build on my M8 box, however I am now getting stuck during the installation process.

I am left with a static Android Updating splash screen...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
      Help!

In an attempt to fix my HDMI issue I have tried to do a fresh install of the "stable" Gotham build on my M8 box, however I am now getting stuck during the installation process.

I am left with a static Android Updating splash screen...
      I think no stable for M8. Maybe u flash stable mx2 gotham image?

Comment

Originally posted by BTopbas View Post
        I think no stable for M8. Maybe u flash stable mx2 gotham image?
        Sorry, I didn't mean to say stable. I have definitely flashed the M8 ROM from the first post.

It's not working, and now nothing else will flash either! I can still enter stock recovery, but nothing will flash fully. Everything gets stuck half way through.

Comment

remotes

Great job codesnake on this port I do have a little problem the remote that can with my M8 is junk, but i tried pluggin my Usb IR remote but i doesn't see it. You guys have any suggestions on usb remote?? that will work out of box with codesnakes latest M8 Helix port? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowChaser View Post
            Great job codesnake on this port I do have a little problem the remote that can with my M8 is junk, but i tried pluggin my Usb IR remote but i doesn't see it. You guys have any suggestions on usb remote?? that will work out of box with codesnakes latest M8 Helix port? thanks
            How do you think someone will answer your questions, if you even haven't pointed what USB IR remote you tried to use?

Comment

ok

Originally posted by codesnake View Post
              How do you think someone will answer your questions, if you even haven't pointed what USB IR remote you tried to use?
              Fair enough,
              The usb remote i tried to use is a
              HP Media Center RC6 ir Remote Control 5069-8344

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowChaser View Post
                Fair enough,
                The usb remote i tried to use is a
                HP Media Center RC6 ir Remote Control 5069-8344

I use FLIRC in combination with a Harmony remote.... But FLIRC works with any remote btw. You can program FLIRC by assigning button presses to eg keyboard keys....
                works flawlessly with me, no hassle with keyboard nasporing files in xbmc.....

Comment

This is a port of OpenELEC for devices based on Amlogic chips. Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your device into an XBMC media center.

Supported devices:
                  • G18 (G18REF, Matricom MX2, Generic Droid-TV) with Amlogic 8726MX SoC
                  • M8 (K200) with Amlogic S802 SoC
                  • MXQ with Amlogic S805 SoC - coming soon
                  • TV110 with Amlogic S805 SoC - coming soon

Latest stable release:

OpenELEC 4.2.1 for MX2/G18 (new MTD) with XBMC 13.2 Gotham:

Install this over Android firmware v1.1.6 from Matricom.
                  For updating the existing installation of OpenELEC - https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELE....arm-4.2.1.tar
                  See instructions of how to update here - http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?ti...ating_OpenELEC
                  For new installations from Android Recovery - https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELE..._MX2-4.2.1.zip

See what's new in 4.2.1 here - http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/...4-2-1-released. Below are Amlogic-specific updates:
                  • Poweroff is now allowed from the shutdown menu
                  • Updated built-in Wi-Fi driver
                  • Updated NAND driver

Development builds:

OpenELEC for M8 with XBMC 13.2 Gotham:

Download links:

Thanks stane1983 for the bootloader and recovery.

Source code:
                  https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv

Do you have the stable build of openelec for MXQ (s805) or are you still working on it?

Comment

Re: [ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18)

Originally posted by sukhbeer View Post
                    Do you have the stable build of openelec for MXQ (s805) or are you still working on it?
                    Have you not notice the coming soon under the S805 section of the quoted message you just posted... If he had a build he wouldn't be holding it off... Asking won't help get it any faster

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                      Have you not notice the coming soon under the S805 section of the quoted message you just posted... If he had a build he wouldn't be holding it off... Asking won't help get it any faster

And you dont have to be rude just because I asked...

I have seen many times where you have been waiting for ROM for a while and expressed your interest in the forums...

Comment

Hi codesnake;
                        Your mx2,g18 build is support dvb-s2 integrated box?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-MX-TV-BOX-DVB-S2-Android-TV-Box-HD18S2-Android-4-2-OS-Support-WIFI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	435331

Box is use avl6211 modul.

Comment

Originally posted by BTopbas View Post
                          Hi codesnake;
                          Your mx2,g18 build is support dvb-s2 integrated box?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8848[/ATTACH]

Box is use avl6211 modul.
                          I didn't test the OpenELEC on that box, so I cannot tell you for sure.

Comment

Hi Codesnake.

Love this rom.

Only issue is that your latest Betas for m8 don't have wifi capability. Any easy solution to enable it?

also i have the s77 pro remote any chance of integrating that?

Comment

Originally posted by mahsidi View Post
                              Hi Codesnake.

Love this rom.

Only issue is that your latest Betas for m8 don't have wifi capability. Any easy solution to enable it?

also i have the s77 pro remote any chance of integrating that?
                              WiFi will bi fixed in the next release.

Comment

WiFi will bi fixed in the next release.

Your a star

Comment

Working...
                                X