• derf
    replied
    How to search with mini keyboard?

Deleted
    Last edited by derf; 03-02-2015, 16:41. Reason: wrong place

Leave a comment:

• AndreaSpooky
    replied
    Great, on latest http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.3/OpenEL....arm-5.0.3.tar HEVC H265 stuff goes a lot better (multithreaded) and now is possible to see stuff without stuttering if bandwidth required is <1MBps

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Originally posted by drieschel View Post
    Sleep mode with saving ram IS suspend mode. I want to shutdown the OS and not suspending it. There is nothing to discuss about! Thanks for your replies @MikeD, even if they were not very helpful.
    I just wanted to understand why you want shutdown and what exactly you mean by shutdown. Without knowing that I couldn't help you. Therefore my posts weren't helpful. I just wanted to clarify things.
    Last edited by MikeD; 03-02-2015, 19:01.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Originally posted by AndreaSpooky View Post
    I would like that too, since in suspension mode the external ports are always on, hence hard disks go never in complete shutdown, and they actually go warm even if not rolling.
    I think usb power in standby is essentially if you are using an airmouse (or other remotes) with an usb receiver. If usb ports have no power you wouldn't be able to start the box with that remote I guess.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
    @drieschel
    Yes, I understand what you are saying. One of these days I'll try to make this function.
    Perhaps you can help me with my problem. With ver.5.0.0 I can write to my micro SD card, but ver. 5.0.1 and 5.0.3 I can not. I am using your OpenELEC on my Vega S89H for a DVR and it is working great. With ver. 5.0.0 I use my micro SD for my recording storage. One problem with 5.0.0, I get a black screen sometimes while watching live TV streams, I don't have that problem on the other versions.

Leave a comment:

• drieschel
    replied
    Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
    @drieschel
    Yes, I understand what you are saying. One of these days I'll try to make this function.
    That's Great!

Let me know If I can support you. I forked your OpenELEC.tv fork on github already, I have some experience in script languages (like bash) and OOP (but not very much experience with C++). If you could introduce me to this project would be great.

Leave a comment:

• razdolbaev
    replied
    @drieschel

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    I am not sure where you read about my concerns about an external harddrive. My NAS is running 24/7 (with suspending harddrives in idle indeed) but that's not the reason why I am writing here. I simply want to shutdown the "OpenELEC" OS, when I turn off (going into standby mode) the S82.

I am sure razdolbaev (|Kerber|Surkovalex) understands what I am talking about.
    I am sorry, I guess I miss read the comments. It was AndreaSpooky that expressed his concern about his hard drive always running..

Leave a comment:

• drieschel
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I think what you are referring to is an age old controversy about shutting down the computer each night or leaving it run all the time. If I read you correctly, you are concerned about your powered external hard drive being powered even when you are in suspend mode. I think that is a valid concern, but with todays hard drives, it is not a big factor.

Years ago, with the 10 meg hard drives it was common practice to shut down the computer every time you left it for more that 30 minutes, what a pain. Now, it seems to be the thought that it is better for the hard drives to remain running, rather than shutting them down. Todays hard drives are meant to be running all the time.
    I am not sure where you read about my concerns about an external harddrive. My NAS is running 24/7 (with suspending harddrives in idle indeed) but that's not the reason why I am writing here. I simply want to shutdown the "OpenELEC" OS, when I turn off (going into standby mode) the S82.

I am sure razdolbaev (|Kerber|Surkovalex) understands what I am talking about.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Sleep mode with saving ram IS suspend mode. I want to shutdown the OS and not suspending it. There is nothing to discuss about! Thanks for your replies @MikeD, even if they were not very helpful.
    I think what you are referring to is an age old controversy about shutting down the computer each night or leaving it run all the time. If I read you correctly, you are concerned about your powered external hard drive being powered even when you are in suspend mode. I think that is a valid concern, but with todays hard drives, it is not a big factor.

Years ago, with the 10 meg hard drives it was common practice to shut down the computer every time you left it for more that 30 minutes, what a pain. Now, it seems to be the thought that it is better for the hard drives to remain running, rather than shutting them down. Todays hard drives are meant to be running all the time.

Leave a comment:

• drieschel
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it's more a sleep mode with saving ram in nand. So you can power on device and start were you left. When the box is in standby there is no ssh and http server running. Also I can't control or power on the device with yatse so I think there is no kodi service running.
    Why you want to shutdown kodi with remote? Is the power consumption higher than in other releases in standby?

Leave a comment:

• AndreaSpooky
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    Why you want to shutdown kodi with remote? Is the power consumption higher than in other releases in standby?
    I would like that too, since in suspension mode the external ports are always on, hence hard disks go never in complete shutdown, and they actually go warm even if not rolling.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Standby or not is not the point. I am talking about to shutdown the os instead of suspending it before going in standby mode.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it's more a sleep mode with saving ram in nand. So you can power on device and start were you left. When the box is in standby there is no ssh and http server running. Also I can't control or power on the device with yatse so I think there is no kodi service running.

Leave a comment:

• Rayzin
    replied
    Out of all these boxes compatible with the openelec flash (including the cx-s806 with s812 chip) which one has the best quality parts? I read tronsmart has alot of people with HDMI port issues. If only there was a list with ALL of the compatible boxes because there are a lot more than just the ones listed. Cx-s806 seems to be the best because it has the s812 chipset.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Another point of view. I am using my S89H as a PVR backend, so I never want it to sleep or shut down.

One bug I found using Version 5.0.3, I cannot write to my micro SC card. I have to revert back to Ver. 5.0.0. Also, with version 5.0.3, the SD live TV streams were dropping frames like crazy, did not have that problem on 5.0.0, so I am now using 5.0.0 and it is working great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X