Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trex View Post
    Bob

I have same problem with same MXIII 1/8gb device. Stock 111k4 was successfully flashed from SD card, but not yours firmware, that perfectly work on round S82 2gb from same card.
    Same here on my MX III 1g/8g. Wont flash finless rom, freezes at about 20%. Tried 2 different sdcards, using twrp and stock recovery, all the same.

Comment

Ur the man bob please tsn go app a try just gives msg not available on tablet but works on my samsung s5

Comment

Hi Finless,
        I know it sounds crazy that your rom wont flash on the 1g/8g but that the stock rom will flash fine, but im guessing something there's some incompatibility here, maybe something in the install script ? if it were just my box i would think it could just be a hardware issue on my part or just me doing something wrong, but so far there are 3 of us with the same MXIII 1g/8g box and we all have exactly the same problem, flashes to about 20% and freezes. I tried all method except USB burning tool... Stock rom flashes OK. My personal case i flashed stock rom 112 using stock recovery...

So question for everyone here on the forum, has anyone successfully flashed a MXIII 1G/8G with Finless rom ? Im curious to know if its just some specific boxes or all the 1G/8G having this issue.

Thanks !

Trex

Junior MemberJoin DateJan 2015LocationEarthPosts5

Bob

Originally Posted by Finless
        I honestly have no idea other than bad, old, slow SDcards may not work! Are you able to flash any ROM? like stock?

Bob

I have same problem with same MXIII 1/8gb device. Stock 111k4 was successfully flashed from SD card, but not yours firmware, that perfectly work on round S82 2gb from same card.

freakie82

Junior MemberJoin DateDec 2014LocationThe NetherlandsPosts5

Originally Posted by Trex
        Bob

Same here on my MX III 1g/8g. Wont flash finless rom, freezes at about 20%. Tried 2 different sdcards, using twrp and stock recovery, all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by willyghost View Post
          Hi Finless,
          I know it sounds crazy that your rom wont flash on the 1g/8g but that the stock rom will flash fine, but im guessing something there's some incompatibility here, maybe something in the install script ? if it were just my box i would think it could just be a hardware issue on my part or just me doing something wrong, but so far there are 3 of us with the same MXIII 1g/8g box and we all have exactly the same problem, flashes to about 20% and freezes. I tried all method except USB burning tool... Stock rom flashes OK. My personal case i flashed stock rom 112 using stock recovery...

So question for everyone here on the forum, has anyone successfully flashed a MXIII 1G/8G with Finless rom ? Im curious to know if its just some specific boxes or all the 1G/8G having this issue.

Thanks !

Trex

Junior MemberJoin DateJan 2015LocationEarthPosts5

Bob

Originally Posted by Finless
          I honestly have no idea other than bad, old, slow SDcards may not work! Are you able to flash any ROM? like stock?

Bob

freakie82

Junior MemberJoin DateDec 2014LocationThe NetherlandsPosts5

Originally Posted by Trex
          Bob

The answer to this is painfully simple... Though I guess you Cats still don't want to hear it.

This Firmware is for the S82 / S89 (2G/8G~16G) Devices ONLY!!!

The 1G/8G Devices a.k.a. the M82, due tothe limitation of only having 1G of RAM, presumably means that the Memory Map / Partition Layout used on the M82 is NOT gonna be compatible with those on the S8x.
          As such falsely installing this, or any other S8x Firmware, on a M82 Box will likely only leave you with a bricked MXIII.

Also it would be worth noting that the S8x, not only has twice the avalibe RAM on it.
          But, also a completely different WiFi Chip, from either then the RTL8188, or the AP-6181, as well as a Bluetooth Chip, that the M82 DOES NOT have!

So even assuming if it were possible to actually install this on a M82, you should be ready to expect problems with your WiFi, as was, and is the case with most of the OpenELEC Builds I've used so far. (Again being mostly S8x based, or at best based on the older RTL8188 M82).

The is One piece of critical Information the lot of you are over looking when you wine on about the current slew of Stock Oman ROMs... And, that is that they are. In his own Words "All-in-One" i.e. they work on both the M82, and the S8x.
          I can see why this may cause confusion. As I damned well almost perma-bricked my M82 by using a TWRP Recovery that was meant for the S8x.

I've kinda asked this in the Stock Firmware thread, but I'm not convinced from a User standpoint that these AiOs are a great idea. Seeing as how S8x owners are still stuck with broken Bluetooth Two Firmwares in a row now. Not to mention the appetent confusion, of which I myself was guilty of, on this matter.

Like it or not this is NOT the Firmware that us M82 Users are looking for...

Comment

@Finless I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK, WHICH IS WHY I AM WRITING IT IN FULL CAPS. Well, this part anyways.

Due to how the boot.img is modified in the custom ROM, I need to ask the following.

The question is, if I flash a new ROM from SD Card ( specifically this one http://www.mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=145 ), do I need to flash the Stock Firmware via USB in order to prevent my box from bricking when I switch to a new custom ROM, or can I flash and it will work, also removing the initial picture and everything?

In fact, does USB-flashing the original stock firmware remove the changes made to the bootloader and the logo at the start, or does it brick my device?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
              The answer to this is painfully simple... Though I guess you Cats still don't want to hear it.

This Firmware is for the S82 / S89 (2G/8G~16G) Devices ONLY!!!

The 1G/8G Devices a.k.a. the M82, due tothe limitation of only having 1G of RAM, presumably means that the Memory Map / Partition Layout used on the M82 is NOT gonna be compatible with those on the S8x.
              As such falsely installing this, or any other S8x Firmware, on a M82 Box will likely only leave you with a bricked MXIII.

Also it would be worth noting that the S8x, not only has twice the avalibe RAM on it.
              But, also a completely different WiFi Chip, from either then the RTL8188, or the AP-6181, as well as a Bluetooth Chip, that the M82 DOES NOT have!

So even assuming if it were possible to actually install this on a M82, you should be ready to expect problems with your WiFi, as was, and is the case with most of the OpenELEC Builds I've used so far. (Again being mostly S8x based, or at best based on the older RTL8188 M82).

The is One piece of critical Information the lot of you are over looking when you wine on about the current slew of Stock Oman ROMs... And, that is that they are. In his own Words "All-in-One" i.e. they work on both the M82, and the S8x.
              I can see why this may cause confusion. As I damned well almost perma-bricked my M82 by using a TWRP Recovery that was meant for the S8x.

I've kinda asked this in the Stock Firmware thread, but I'm not convinced from a User standpoint that these AiOs are a great idea. Seeing as how S8x owners are still stuck with broken Bluetooth Two Firmwares in a row now. Not to mention the appetent confusion, of which I myself was guilty of, on this matter.

Like it or not this is NOT the Firmware that us M82 Users are looking for...
              Title of this thread :
              NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

First - you can clearly see "MXIII" in the title. Second - stock firmware works without any problem with update, so all stories about "wrong" WiFi - not true, and third - maybe you are right and this firmware, even its based on stock, just not work for our device for some reasons ...

Comment

Title of this thread :

First - you can clearly see "MXIII" in the title. Second - stock firmware works without any problem with update, so all stories about "wrong" WiFi - not true, and third - maybe you are right and this firmware, even its based on stock, just not work for our device for some reasons ...
                It works on 2G, but it does NOT work on 1G.

My question remains though, if you want to flash a different ROM, do you need to flash stock with USB first? and if you do, does that change the initial boot screen back to normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Yep, I will work on it! My Pipo X7 is taking all my time right now but I will do an update.

Bob
                  Any thoughts about Pipo X7, any good? Maybe dual boot with Android in the future?

Comment

Title of this thread :

NEWS FLASH!! The MXIII besides having sub variants with different WiFi / Bluetooth Chips making such Firmware installations a massive cluster**** already. It would be worth pointing out that there are Two distinct Versions of the MXIII here.

The M82 (1G/8G) with or without the AP-6181 WHICH IS NOT SUPPORTED!
                    and, the S82 / S89 (2G/8G~16G) that are supported.

When you "Read"... In your Words "Clearly"... MXIII. Its referring to the S82 Version of that Device, and NOT the M82!
                    Now is that clear enough for you?

Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
                    It works on 2G, but it does NOT work on 1G.

My question remains though, if you want to flash a different ROM, do you need to flash stock with USB first? and if you do, does that change the initial boot screen back to normal?
                    The closest things I've ever got to custom ROMs on my M82 (MXIII), were Stain1983s Amlinux, and the amlinux.ru OpenELEC Versions. In either case I didn't recall doing anything special. Outside of wiping the Data and, Cache Partitions under the stock 3e Recovery beforehand.

Unfortunately both of those. ROMs just went convincing enough to fully give up Android at this time.
                    Either the WiFi Chip was the wrong version. for the M82 (i.e. The RTL8188), or the Video under XBMC would only render about a fourth (e.g. The top left) of the Screen.
                    So I gave up on trying to run that kind of stuff for the moment.

But no I don't think you have to do much beyond wiping the Data and, Cache.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

But no I don't think you have to do much beyond wiping the Data and, Cache.

That's what I thought, but FINLESS ROM hacks the bootloader and replaces it with something else so that it can display an image at the start, which I think will stay if I just wipe the data and cache

Comment

Originally posted by Zhuinden View Post
                        That's what I thought, but FINLESS ROM hacks the bootloader and replaces it with something else so that it can display an image at the start, which I think will stay if I just wipe the data and cache
                        To be completely honest I have no clue as to how this Finless ROM works. As I, myself only have the M82 version of the MXIII. If its that much of a concern... The only advice I could tell you would be to flas the stock Image as an *.img File though the USB Burner Tool. i.e. AMLogic's Device Programmer, and use the Device wiping Options their-in.

Otherwise I wouldn't honestly have much of an idea on how to aproch this.
                        The only thing I do know is that willy-nilly flashing different ROMs will chew up your Google Music Account(s) if your not careful. knowing that I'm fairly loth about just updating my Box. Much less play testing such ROMs.

I can say with some first hand experience if you want to brick your M82, FAST! Then use an S82 ONLY Firmware.
                        Again these past few Stock ROMs are supposed to be AIO versions that will install the correct version to the correct Box.
                        Though with problems as it seems. Two Firmwares in a row now with broken Bluetooth on some S82 Devices.
                        Really if these ROMs weren't AIOs I'd have to think that it would have been fixed by now.

Comment

God Bob! It's a train wreak re these boards again. My 111 different sd memory and configuration. Taking 1 gig of memory out?? Wtf why not drop it to 512 😄 and who need network or blue tooth chip silly things can just use wifi as save a another 4 cents. Static guards remove them we put a case over board not needed. 5 more cents. Make a working rom for it why let them go to website and freekout and complain to anyone that will listen. cheap boards no support what do you expect for 45- 50 bucks.
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

installation help

Hello, new to the forum but not to android. I have an MX3 2g. I have tried all methods listed and nothing has worked. Closest I have gotten is into recovery mode, but when I chose " install from EXT" and " SD card" the rom is not found. I know it is there because it shows up when I use the 2nd method using the updater app. I have redownloaded the roms, and reformatted my 8g sd card 3 times already(fat32)...still no good.
                            So far Ive managed not to brick my box.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by joehank View Post
                              Hello, new to the forum but not to android. I have an MX3 2g. I have tried all methods listed and nothing has worked. Closest I have gotten is into recovery mode, but when I chose " install from EXT" and " SD card" the rom is not found. I know it is there because it shows up when I use the 2nd method using the updater app. I have redownloaded the roms, and reformatted my 8g sd card 3 times already(fat32)...still no good.
                              So far Ive managed not to brick my box.Any help would be greatly appreciated
                              Try to remove and then insert again SD card .

Comment

Hi my name is Antonio sorry for my English but I'm Italian.I have a trosmart s89 with 2.1 firmware 111k4.I will update with the version 112k4 for problems no video output.I want a detailed guide to upgrade without problems.Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X