Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - MK808 - Finless 1.6 Custom ROM

Originally posted by bolinao View Post
    Don't sound stupid at all,in fact I did this and my wifi has improved a lot,before it just hung vertical,so I put it horizontally on a box pointing towards the modem and WHAM instant wifi improvement.. thanks
    I'm glad it helped you. Mine was also hanging vertically and my download speed was limited to 1Mbps. I just hung the USB cable to a screw behind my TV to keep the device horizontally and now my download speed reaches 18Mbps.

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by Mopheus View Post
      1) To make file transfer easy I use: ES File Explorer, and you need to enable Root access to be able to put some files inside system (you need to be able to write there).

2) From this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792531 (you need the uncompressed files)

Get:
      http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1343146324

3) Copy the uncompressed files u downloaded here: /system/usr/keylayout/

4) Make a copy of this file and rename it like it says:

Make a NEW Copy this one: Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl
      And Rename to: Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl

5) At this point u should have 3 new files on the /system/usr/keylayout/ directory:Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl
      Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl
      Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm

6) Just change write permissions using ES File Explorer on those 3 files to ensure they have:

RW for USER or OWNER
      R for OTHERS

7) Reboot and u'r done.

Dead Trigger works with the analog pad's but you need to define shot and reload buttons at least, unfortunatelly (not sure why) you can only use the triggers, cause it's not recognizing any buttons yet, but you can play perfectly.

Hope this helps... anyway, the linked guide is almost the same , I just made it easy (I think)....
      Thanks, will try it out later

Comment

Originally posted by Okan View Post
        Hi everybody,
        I have just installed 1.6 on my MK808 but I cannot get wifi work. I go to setting and check the box to turn on the wifi, it says "turning wifi on" but then it unchecks the box and disables it.

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks..

Please... BEFORE YOU FLASH ANY ROM.... Know what you have.

I honestly am suprised that anyone would try to flash a ROM..... NOT KNOWING.... if a stock ROM exists for them to recover to!

OK.... never mind

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Where can I find alex2drk kernel to version 1.4?
          how do I upgrade the kernel only?

Comment

Last edited by pigulka; 02-02-2013, 20:15.

Comment

thx

How can install only the kernel?

Comment

Hi I would like to use an xbox360 controller what receiver works with bobs rom? Do I need an app to get it to work?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtone View Post
                  thx

I wonder why not read this topic ?!

Comment

okan: Are you sure you have a mk808 and not the mk808b - the "b" uses a 903 chip instead of 901.

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Bob -- I hear ya man - but I will be completely honest I am pretty reckless with this device compared to my phones and tablets. Between the low cost and how fast the tech is evolving with these tv sticks I really don't care that much if I brick it, which for me is wearing out the flash from crack-flashing it. Hell I already have a gk802 I plan on upgrading to sitting a static bag until we can figure out how to get the video to work. I say we (as in community) because I haven't made much progress on my own

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtone View Post
                        thx

Soft from finless ( ROM Flash Tool.exe). Uncheck everything except kernel.In place three dots pointing and upload the new kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by pigulka View Post
                          Soft from finless ( ROM Flash Tool.exe). Uncheck everything except kernel.In place three dots pointing and upload the new kernel.
                          I have this error (MK808 Finless 1.6 ROM):

Comment

"copy the kernel from 2dark4u in that dir (the folder where is the original img, renamed as .old) and rename that one to kernel.img."Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	429740

Comment

root not working

I read this whole thread and searched as well as I could - so I hope this isn't a dumb question. I found one other person complain about the same problem, but there were no replies.

I flashed finless rom 1.6, no errors, went great, up and running, BUT I don't have root access -

any app that asks for it gets denied.

superuser says the binary is installed to root/system/bin/su .... other apps seem to ask for /system/bin/su

i tried titanium backup, busybox, rootchecker ... they all said they didn't get root access.

what could i have done wrong, and is there a way to root now that I'm flashed? ( linux user, although I can get a vista box if i have to ... )

thanks in advance -

Comment

Originally posted by slcpunk View Post
                                I read this whole thread and searched as well as I could - so I hope this isn't a dumb question. I found one other person complain about the same problem, but there were no replies.

I flashed finless rom 1.6, no errors, went great, up and running, BUT I don't have root access -

any app that asks for it gets denied.

superuser says the binary is installed to root/system/bin/su .... other apps seem to ask for /system/bin/su

i tried titanium backup, busybox, rootchecker ... they all said they didn't get root access.

what could i have done wrong, and is there a way to root now that I'm flashed? ( linux user, although I can get a vista box if i have to ... )

thanks in advance -
                                try running terminal and typing 'su' , it'd be funny if that worked

Comment

Working...
                                X