Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry my friend, you are out of luck. There is no finless rom for your device. Try to play around with the video decoding settings in xbmc. Try enable/disable mediacodec/libstagefright.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      Sorry my friend, you are out of luck. There is no finless rom for your device. Try to play around with the video decoding settings in xbmc. Try enable/disable mediacodec/libstagefright.

ok thanks for your help

Comment

Griser rom 2.1 finless

Has anyone been able to gain root access with this rom? It installs fine but no root access.

Comment

My Clone

Hi guys,
          Can anyone tell me which custom ROM may work with my device?
          Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-07 21.33.20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	432952Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-06 20.26.40.jpg
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	432947Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-06 20.28.45.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	432948Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-06 20.28.51.jpg
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	432949Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-06 20.29.42.jpg
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	432950Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-07 21.32.39.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	432951

Comment

Originally posted by joesewer View Post
            Hi guys,
            Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5237[/ATTACH]
            This one should work:

Comment

Hi guys,
              Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5233[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5237[/ATTACH]

Rooted Kit Kat:

http://chrome://mega/content/secure....ZWXg6_rtGTWylY

Credit goes to Johnoo.

Comment

Hi, I can confirm that it worked, unfortunately it doesn't have the tun.ko module in the kernel.
                Is there a way to enable it?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysizzle View Post
                  Rooted Kit Kat:

http://chrome://mega/content/secure....ZWXg6_rtGTWylY

Credit goes to Johnoo.
                  Hi your link does not work!

Comment

Hi your link does not work!

Here is a new link

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Enjoy and share

Comment

MK808B Clone custom ROM

Originally posted by johnnysizzle View Post
                      Here is a new link

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Enjoy and share
                      Buddy this is not working for my device.
                      I loaded it and after booting it hangs on the screen with the 2 penguins in the upper left corner.

The one suggested by phinc (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post169692) works great except it has no tun.ko module in the kernel, which I would like.

Cheers!

Comment

MK808B clone

Hello!

I've just bought a MK808B from Aliexpress, and cannot identify it.

I attach photos of the device. It have RTL8723BS and don't seem to be original, also comes with 4.4 kitkat.

Only this firmware worked but without WIFI ( This came with MTK wifi, not RTL ).
                        百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

I've some questions
                        ¿What roms could work on my device?
                        ¿How i unbrick this device (Tried other roms and now it says IDB failed when flashing) ?

Any help appreciated.

Mat.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The pcb layout is known and the wifi chip is known, but i have never seen it in this combination. The new original mk808b also comes with RTL WIFI, maybe this fimware also works on your device. Or you could try to take the firmware that works and flash just the kernel of the RTL WIFI firmware over it. I guess both is unlikely to work, but there is a chance. Your only other hope is that someone else with the same device dumps his firmware (or at least the kernel) and uploads it for you.

And concerning the IDB error: Do you erase IDB before you flash?

Comment

The pcb layout is known and the wifi chip is known, but i have never seen it in this combination. The new original mk808b also comes with RTL WIFI, maybe this fimware also works on your device. Or you could try to take the firmware that works and flash just the kernel of the RTL WIFI firmware over it. I guess both is unlikely to work, but there is a chance. Your only other hope is that someone else with the same device dumps his firmware (or at least the kernel) and uploads it for you.

And concerning the IDB error: Do you erase IDB before you flash?

Yes... I haven't seen one combination like this before. Thats the first firmware i tried ( The original with new RTL ) and it didn't work.
                            I thougth that, and made some tries... but finally in the same baidu account where i found working firmware the owner have just uploaded today a new firmware that works, and is rooted!!
                            I put the link here to help others: http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=255...00546&third=15

The problem with IDB came when i tried to flash a firmware from mk808 not B. So to repair i erase nand shorting pins 7 and 8, and the device became unbricked. And with the new firmware everything is working now! ( Well not everything because i need the device in portrait mode and build.prop configurations don't work, and my smali knowledge is limited , but i think ask this here is offtopic )

So many thanks phinc and hope this help someone with this strange clone.

Comment

Same as srysry's mk808b without heatsink

Hi buddies
                              Mine is like srysry one but without heatsink, bought xpress.
                              There is "HTC-T011-V4 2014-02-18" writing on the board and wif/bt chip seems to be "Realtek 8723Bs".
                              I have erase nand in trying to set linux. Nothing worked after that, only few old firmwares but without wifi.
                              Great thank to srysry, with his linked firmware my mk808b is back.
                              It is a good box, better that previous instable mk802.
                              As use this old one as web, mail server and print servers, some times with Atrix laptop.
                              Now, I will continue to try setting linux on my mk808b.
                              It seems as hard as finding the stock firmware.
                              I look for tracks to use Linux on it...
                              See photos of my Mk808b and thank you again srysry for this link.

Comment

Same as srysry's and katchet's from ALI

Originally posted by srysry View Post
                                ...but finally in the same baidu account where i found working firmware the owner have just uploaded today a new firmware that works, and is rooted!!
                                I put the link here to help others: http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=255...00546&third=15
                                Originally posted by katchet View Post
                                Hi buddies
                                Mine is like srysry one but without heatsink, bought xpress.
                                There is "HTC-T011-V4 2014-02-18" writing on the board and wif/bt chip seems to be "Realtek 8723Bs".
                                I have erase nand in trying to set linux. Now, I will continue to try setting linux on my mk808b.
                                It seems as hard as finding the stock firmware.
                                I look for tracks to use Linux on it...
                                See photos of my Mk808b and thank you again srysry for this link.
                                Hi guys,

Mine is the same as yours, recently received from AliExp.
                                Can I root this device with the custom rooting tool for any 808b even though it comes with KitKat?
                                I am also considering putting linux on it, so guys keep up searching, together we might find appropiate linux builds quicker.
                                I am now downloading the rom from baidu that srysry recommended ( sucks, slow like hell ) but firstly I'd rather simply root the device with the original rom to see how it performs.
                                Is the cooked rom performing much better?
                                Finally, how can I root and/or flash a new rom and CWM on a Linux pc? Or strangly we must run windows in a VM to play with Linux-based Android????

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X