MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pat fisher

received a mk808b from geekbuy. looks like i have a wifi conection. when i open browser i get error message. bad data connection, no wifi, try again. Their first suggestion was to update rom. Any yhoughts on this ?

Comment

Netflix problem

[QUOTE=theodor;116715]This rom still have a problem whit netflix, scrambled picture..[/QUOT
      Any fix, or suggestion with this? Please advise. Thanks in advance. I did try to load Netflix manually with different
      version. It worked for a while. However, if I rebooted the device ( and the auto update is on) it will automaticlly update
      the current Netflix version. Any work around this issue at all. Happy Holiday

Comment

Working netflix

[QUOTE=00tjonez;119434]
        Originally posted by theodor View Post
        This rom still have a problem whit netflix, scrambled picture..[/QUOT
        Any fix, or suggestion with this? Please advise. Thanks in advance. I did try to load Netflix manually with different
        version. It worked for a while. However, if I rebooted the device ( and the auto update is on) it will automaticlly update
        the current Netflix version. Any work around this issue at all. Happy Holiday
        Rikomagic has updated the rom on their site and it now plays netflix, along with other small changes.
        The finless 2.1 rom is based on the previous rom with netflix incompatibility, as far as i am aware.

Comment

[QUOTE=elviscrid;120338]
          Originally posted by 00tjonez View Post

Rikomagic has updated the rom on their site and it now plays netflix, along with other small changes.
          The finless 2.1 rom is based on the previous rom with netflix incompatibility, as far as i am aware.
          Which Rikomagic website is this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

New rom

[QUOTE=Unicornasaurus;121011]
            Originally posted by elviscrid View Post

Which Rikomagic website is this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
            Sorry, my mistake. It's actually on the geek buying site. Rom is dated 19th November 2013. Includes fixes for netflix, 3rd party game controllers, and has the tv launcher. Running it myself as of 20th November and it's a quick rom but haven't tested netfix as i don't use it. I can give you the link, but i don't know if it's allowed in these forums. If it is not then, please delete the link.. It's http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...808b-firmware/
            By the way, i have tested and this does not work with fake mk808B's or with early revisions of the board. (Wifi will not activate on these models)

Comment

Finless please fix Netflix issue

I recently got the MK808B and flashed Finless 2.1. I loved it, especially the fact that it has the 1080p kernel. BUT it couldn't play Netflix (scrambled issue). I installed a previous version of Netflix (2.0.2) and that made Netflix watchable, but it stuttered constantly and froze.

I then flashed the latest Nov 19 stock 4.2.2 ROM (from geekbuying site) and Netflix works fine on that.

This latest stock rom is pretty good, but if Finless 2.1 can fix the Netflix issue and have it play the latest version stable like in the latest stock ROM, I'll go back to it in a heartbeat.

Comment

MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

Originally posted by hi-phile View Post
                [*]XBMC HD video still have slight stutter and occasional voice sync issues (likely due to the non-hardware video decoding).

I also have problem with voice sync. I cannot watch movie in some video apps or play on website. The voice is delay.

Maybe, I will downgrade to Finless 1.7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Hi all I am a complete newbie to the android world and feel bad for even asking but here goes

Basically I bought a MK808B recently ( it already had finless 2.1 rom ) as I wanted to be able to view XBMC and Netflix on it..

You probably know where I am heading here..yes my Netflix is scrambled, I see on the geekbuying site there is a fix in place if I flash it, here is my issue I have no idea when it comes to flashing etc

So my question is ( and plead for help ) is a step by step guide ( or a youtube link with tutorial even ) on how I flash it so I can fix my netflix please if possible

Comment

Originally posted by campo View Post
                    Hi all I am a complete newbie to the android world and feel bad for even asking but here goes

Basically I bought a MK808B recently ( it already had finless 2.1 rom ) as I wanted to be able to view XBMC and Netflix on it..

You probably know where I am heading here..yes my Netflix is scrambled, I see on the geekbuying site there is a fix in place if I flash it, here is my issue I have no idea when it comes to flashing etc

So my question is ( and plead for help ) is a step by step guide ( or a youtube link with tutorial even ) on how I flash it so I can fix my netflix please if possible
                    I believe Geek Buying also has a tutorial on their site for flashing the MK808/b

Comment

Finless 2.1 ROM

Thanks a lot. I have finally flashed the ROM. It is great. My doubt was about playing in 720P LCD and using 3G USB Internet dongle. But both are working fine along with wifi & Blue tooth. USB 3G Internet dongle is directly recognised. I was notgetting the the option for APN in sttings. One set back is Music files & viedeo files can not be played from the default players. I downloaded File Manager for other purpose (i.e. to activate media keys of Measy key board). Strangely when I am opening any music or viedeo file through file manager, I am able to play the same through default player and it is doing well. But this way I can play a single file only. If any one can help in this matter. Above all the ROM is very good and thanks again to BOB.
                      I am also not able to find DLNA to activate. I would like to play media files from my Android phone to Android TV.
                      Last edited by gcganguly; 12-15-2013, 18:43.

Comment

Flash?

Hi everybody,
                        Recenty, I bought a Egreat H6 TV dongle with RK3066 and bluetooth, and 4.1.1. It's very laggy. Also it heating a lot and rebooting.
                        Can I flash MK808-B Finless 2.1 rom on it?
                        Sorry for bad english

Comment

Originally posted by SSD View Post
                          Hi everybody,
                          Recenty, I bought a Egreat H6 TV dongle with RK3066 and bluetooth, and 4.1.1. It's very laggy. Also it heating a lot and rebooting.
                          Can I flash MK808-B Finless 2.1 rom on it?
                          Sorry for bad english
                          Yes, but wifi and BT is not going to work.
                          Ask the manufacturer for the stock rom first, otherwise don't flash before you have it as a backup.
                          You can then use files from the stock rom to get wifi working.

Comment

SD CARD NOT MOUNTED

Hi all,

After flashing Finless 2.1, Everything working fine. But it shows 'SD card not mounted' while using some applications like Blue tooth, Music player or File Manager etc. As a result I am not able to use the these applications. Any one can help?

Comment

Seems like your internal sd got corrupted. Go to settings -> storage and format your internal sd.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

PLEASE HELP!

I have been trying to go from Finless v1.7 to v2.1 and it completes the process just fine, reboots and then nothing. I waited and waited and waited then rebooted and waited some more and nothing. I have a MK808 it does not have bluetooth to my knowledge. I can run other Roms just fine but I can not get the Finless 2.1 nor the new upgraded 4.2.2 firmware to run on it at all. I greatly appreciate any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X