Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonix View Post

basically because the scripts are writen for TWRP
    TWRP it is! Ok, I flashed both the system update and the new kernel. Here's what I have noticed...

After the reboot, I was able to load the previous version of Kodi, which was ROM specific, from the launcher's shortcut as if nothing had happened with it. However, when starting playback, it crashed. When I restarted it, it was a different version with the ZDMC splash screen at the start. This was a completely fresh installation of ZDMC (lost my previous user data), so I proceeded to install the backup addon and restore one of my recent backups that was built with the previous ROM's version of Kodi. The process started, but ZDMC crashed. When I reselected it from the launcher, the box rebooted.

After the reboot, I could not use the remote control, and it appeared to not be responding at all. I hard booted the box by power cycling, after which it loaded properly. I reopened ZDMC and started the restore process, which again crashed, and the interface was extremely laggy. After about a minute, the system crashed and got stuck in a boot loop.

EDIT: I decided to simply try to first reflash the old kernel. I'll report back.

Comment

Just restoring the 9v2 kernel over 9v3's system updates didn't help. Restoring my kodi backup in ZDMC still crashed and caused a boot loop, so I'm going to try the new kernel over 9v2.

EDIT: I restored the 9v2 system files and installed the 9v3 kernel. It still looks like the newer ZDMC is present. However, the restore process for Kodi/ZDMC succeeded without any boot loops. The audio sync issue when bistreaming passthrough audio after a refresh rate switch is still there, though.

Anything else that I should check regarding the new kernel installed over 9v2?
      Last edited by Aaron407; 05-08-2016, 06:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron407 View Post
        Just restoring the 9v2 kernel over 9v3's system updates didn't help. Restoring my kodi backup in ZDMC still crashed and caused a boot loop, so I'm going to try the new kernel over 9v2.

EDIT: I restored the 9v2 system files and installed the 9v3 kernel. It still looks like the newer ZDMC is present. However, the restore process for Kodi/ZDMC succeeded without any boot loops. The audio sync issue when bistreaming passthrough audio after a refresh rate switch is still there, though.

Anything else that I should check regarding the new kernel installed over 9v2?
        I'm trying to get 5ghz wireless working on beelink i68

Comment

I'm trying to get 5ghz wireless working on beelink i68
          I only use ethernet, but I flipped wifi on and it only showed my 2.4 GHz network, not my 5 GHz.

Comment

Also, the ZDMC version that made its way onto my box when I loaded the 9v3 files is still there after switching back to 9v2 instead of the one that came with the 9v2 fully flashed rom. Unfortunately, this version of ZDMC is very glitchy, and crashed a couple of times while playing a file that I had played without issue before. Is there any way to get an apk of the kodi version that was bundled with the 9v2 full rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron407 View Post
              Also, the ZDMC version that made its way onto my box when I loaded the 9v3 files is still there after switching back to 9v2 instead of the one that came with the 9v2 fully flashed rom. Unfortunately, this version of ZDMC is very glitchy, and crashed a couple of times while playing a file that I had played without issue before. Is there any way to get an apk of the kodi version that was bundled with the 9v2 full rom?
              If you flashed 9v2 then look in the /system/kodi/kodi.apk

With es file explorer

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Hi lonix,
                  I installed 9.3 system update over 9.2. And the device sometimes not responding, black screens, it freeze all the time.
                  Tronsmart r68g

Comment

Originally posted by zivco View Post
                    Hi lonix,
                    I installed 9.3 system update over 9.2. And the device sometimes not responding, black screens, it freeze all the time.
                    Tronsmart r68g
                    Pretty much the same here. Had to revert back to ver 9.2
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                      Pretty much the same here. Had to revert back to ver 9.2
                      zivco clarkss12 lonix once you reflash SuperSU stable version 2.46 it works nicely - I tried this both on dirty flash and fresh install (9.2+9.3). It was the same problem some revisions back. Other than SupperSU not functioning it runs smoothly with no obvious problems.

Comment

Can someone with a beelink i68 please test this kernel
                        Hi lonix
                        Thanks for all of your effort, however I must be the bearer of the bad news again - TronZid-v9-3-Kernel.zip does not turn on 5G WiFi. Other than that all else functions as expected - BT & 2,4Ghz WiFi runs without any need of fixing and there were no other crashes. I hope you wont stop trying after this lack of success

Comment

Originally posted by l30ns View Post
                          Hi, lonix !
                          Thanks for all of your effort, however I must be the bearer of the bad news again - TronZid-v9-3-Kernel.zip does not turn on 5G WiFi. Other than that all else functions as expected - BT & 2,4Ghz WiFi runs without any need of fixing and there were no other crashes. I hope you wont stop trying after this
                          This is actually good news, sort of, in effect I now have one kernel that works for both tronsmart and beelink devices without any extra modifications. Even though 5ghz is still lacking

which means in the next full rom, beelink will be supported out of the box, to some extent.

Thanks for pointing out the SuperSU problem also.
                          Last edited by lonix; 05-09-2016, 07:58.

Comment

Ok, I think i've gotten to the bottom of the 5ghz problem, however I need someone to test

Anyone, Please test this kernel.

It should be compatible with both Tronsmart and Beelink (Confirmation needed)

Comment

Hi,
                              sorry, but the link to the new kernel i68 does't work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by shivattaque View Post
                                Hi,
                                sorry, but the link to the new kernel i68 does't work anymore.
                                Sorry try new link, previous post

Comment

Working...
                                X