Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
    If you have a factory firmware available that you can flash over, I would say try the Xannytech rom,
    Thank you very much for the answer. Yes, I do understand all this.
    I hoped somebody with similar hardware could tell me, whether he sucseed or not.
    Because due to wrong hardware box coud be bricked beyond repair.
    One more question. Is there a way to make a ROM image from my box,
    that could be used for flashing device again, if something went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by vlaryg View Post
      Thank you very much for the answer. Yes, I do understand all this.
      I hoped somebody with similar hardware could tell me, whether he sucseed or not.
      Because due to wrong hardware box coud be bricked beyond repair.
      One more question. Is there a way to make a ROM image from my box,
      that could be used for flashing device again, if something went wrong?
      Sometimes we have to take risks. Thankfully these boxes don't cost that much so if the box dies, you won't be out a lot of money. I know I have had 3 boxes get bricked by this, and they were boxes that were supposed to be 100% compatible. Turns out, the mfg changed some things to make it not compatible.

Remember, this is for fun, for hobby. As for making a backup from your existing image, I do not know if that is possible. Would be best to start a new post with that question, or search forums here for the answer.

Comment

Hello, i have noticed when doing a speed test inside SPMC on this Rom im getting anywhere between 100-600ms, and about half of my download speed. When i try inside Kodi 17 everything is normal. I have tried all versions of the beta and all give the same unstable speed test reading. My box is the x96 2gb/16gb.

Comment

Today I had to play some hevc files and I had stuttering every 15 seconds in spmc with arr on. The solution to fix this was to change the value from 1 to 2 in sys/class/TV/policy_fr_auto.
          I know xanny will fix this in the next update and I just wanted to share the info for people having issues with hevc files just like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

That's odd T95x is reported working with my rom... when i come back to normal life, so with more freetime i will decompile your original rom for testing.
            I answer with google translator ... On t95x version with 2G of ram works all coorettamente. Apart from some remote control buttons, for example, if I have to turn on the box I have to press the "2" button.

I was wrong to quote ... I was for "kreator" chiedo scusa!

Comment

hi ,Xannytech .
              I cannot flash the TV box NEXBOX A905X 1/8 via USb tool becouse have a error after 2%: [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error or if i flash via TWRP i get the TV box with a red LED - no matter what it does not respond anything

Comment

thanks to Kuno to help me in this thread and in that particular moment of my working life for support me and help the other users thank you so much. just other 4 weeks
                Last edited by Xannytech; 02-11-2017, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                  Today I had to play some hevc files and I had stuttering every 15 seconds in spmc with arr on. The solution to fix this was to change the value from 1 to 2 in sys/class/TV/policy_fr_auto.
                  I know xanny will fix this in the next update and I just wanted to share the info for people having issues with hevc files just like me.
                  Wolfynwo in current beta the fix is yet present.

Comment

Is it complicated to set the box so that pressing the power button would put it in standby and holding it makes it shut down? Either that or bring up a power / suspend menu when you press the button? The one I have now brings up the option power off and that's the only option and I have to press ok then it shuts down.

If beta 4 has this I'll just go back to it I can't remember.
                    "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

I changed my build.prop and now my nexbox A95x is stuck at bootscreen. I have made a backup of previous build.prop though.
                      How can I access my device please and replace build.prop so I don't have to flash new rom? Via usb cable? Or would it be possible with sd card since I heven't bought usb cable yet?
                      I haven't made a backup through twrp yet, but I don't understand how would it be helpful in this situation since I can't access twrp because toothpick method doesn't work.
                      Thank you for your help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post
                        I changed my build.prop and now my nexbox A95x is stuck at bootscreen. I have made a backup of previous build.prop though.
                        How can I access my device please and replace build.prop so I don't have to flash new rom? Via usb cable? Or would it be possible with sd card since I heven't bought usb cable yet?
                        I haven't made a backup through twrp yet, but I don't understand how would it be helpful in this situation since I can't access twrp because toothpick method doesn't work.
                        Thank you for your help in advance.
                        If you put twrp on an sd card and name it recovery.img then try the toothpick method does it boot it? That's the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by leoc View Post
                          hi ,Xannytech .
                          I cannot flash the TV box NEXBOX A905X 1/8 via USb tool becouse have a error after 2%: [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error or if i flash via TWRP i get the TV box with a red LED - no matter what it does not respond anything
                          We've noticed that some of the newer A95X boxes are being bricked. I bricked 3 out of 4. Uncertain if they changed the bootloader or what but if you can, can you please take your case off and look at the motherboard.

02-06-2017, 11:46
                          Ive noticed that all of the new a95x's that I have that won't update with a custom ROM have an R4 in a circle on the bottom of the box right under the rom size. R4 also appears on the bottom of the packaging. The build date is also 12/30/2016. Can anyone else confirm?
                          Last edited by Rccm1112; 02-07-2017, 07:17.

Can you confirm this?? Please.

Comment

Hello again! Is it possible for somebody else with an x96 box to try a speed test inside SPMC? I have pretty much stopped using it because of the very high ping reading and halved download speed! Ive tried to use Kodi 17 but the no auto refresh change really bothers me. I have tried SPMC on other devices running diffent Roms and everything is normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravy Boat Captin View Post
                              Hello again! Is it possible for somebody else with an x96 box to try a speed test inside SPMC? I have pretty much stopped using it because of the very high ping reading and halved download speed! Ive tried to use Kodi 17 but the no auto refresh change really bothers me. I have tried SPMC on other devices running diffent Roms and everything is normal.
                              Got a result of DL:87.10Mb/s UL:34.33Mb/s PING:20ms

That's on the stock x96 rom though. I'll try it on xannytechs if you want and see if there's any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post

Got a result of DL:87.10Mb/s UL:34.33Mb/s PING:20ms

That's on the stock x96 rom though. I'll try it on xannytechs if you want and see if there's any difference.
                                Hello, if you could try on Xannys Rom that would be great. Im getting anywhere between DL:50 UL:6 and 100-600 ping. I should be getting a ping of about 20ms and 100 DL. Upload is reading correctly. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X