Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
    Just found this https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...v-box-release/ dated as 1st of february.
    V109 rehosted it's just posted 1st feb but it's the same fw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jraf View Post

No problem ! i'am a rookie and confess i don't really understand what is done here. rom ? read only memory... certainly another use here ! i used to be a chemist...
      did not try to config smpc, because kodi17 works without configuring anything apart language et local settings.and it's enough for my use.
      i tried to solve the problem with the home page configuring squarehome but did not succed. but again, it does not bother me. i thought it was a bug, so i reported it. not a bug, i'll give a try to config again, much harder this time.
      my real goal is to view easily my movies. much easier than my (lot of ) bluerays, with all those manipulations and unskipable advertisings.
      it was effortless with wd tv live, but this box is unable to read H/265. so i bought the tanix, and problems with sound, problems with video, problems...
      but with your rom it becomes to be effortless again, thank you.
      Anyway if you succeded log in to a forum and use a computer, i think you'll figure out how to set a simple launcher like SquareHome, if you're not interested in Android, i suggest to try Libreelec.

Comment

Originally posted by fluoir View Post

Thank you steocullen91 for an idea. However I tried to boot with sd card with xannytech's rom which has recovery.img and it didn't boot. Or how do you mean "put twrp on sd" ? ...to download twrp from somewhere else?
        Does anybody has another idea how can I access twrp please?
        Yeah rename it to recovery.iimg and put it on the root of the SD card.

I'm wondering now what would cause the ping issue on SPMC and FTMC lol.
        "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Hi steocullen91 Please tell me if I understand you right. I create bootable sd card with amlogic bootcard maker and copy inside only recovery.img from xannytech's flasshable zip. rom? What should I rename to recovery.img. Xannytech's rom already has file named recovery.img....I think you mean something else...

Comment

Hi steocullen91 Please tell me if I understand you right. I create bootable sd card with amlogic bootcard maker and copy inside only recovery.img from xannytech's flasshable zip. rom? What should I rename to recovery.img. Xannytech's rom already has file named recovery.img....I think you mean something else...
            If's it's already called recovery.img then just leave it. As far as I know you just have to have recovery.img on the root of the SD card for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by steocullen91 View Post

If's it's already called recovery.img then just leave it. As far as I know you just have to have recovery.img on the root of the SD card for it to work.
              Unfortunately it didn't work ...I will buy usb cable tomorrow ...can I access recovery that way?

Comment

Sorry you actually need aml_autoscript on the root of the card too. Just take it from an SD firmware.

So your sd card should have

aml_autoscript
                recovery.img

Then you need to hold the recovery button (toothpick method)

I tried that with mine and it booted into twrp.

Try this and rename it to recovery.img https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686679545611078

Comment

Sorry you actually need aml_autoscript and factory_update_param.aml on the root of the card too. Just take them 2 files from an sd firmware

So your sd card should have

aml_autoscript
                  factory_update_param.aml
                  recovery.img

Then you need to hold the recovery button (toothpick method)
                  I tried to unzip to my sd card the whole xannytech's latest rom (Unzip_to_sd_XTMOD_EXTB4)
                  It contains these 4 files:
                  factory_update_param.aml
                  recovery.img
                  Update.zip
                  Update.zip.md5

I don't see aml_autoscript ...you are mentioning...where could I get that?

...Ok going to try by your link now...

Comment

I tried to unzip to my sd card the whole xannytech's latest rom (Unzip_to_sd_XTMOD_EXTB4)
                    It contains these 4 files:
                    factory_update_param.aml
                    recovery.img
                    Update.zip
                    Update.zip.md5

I don't see aml_autoscript ...you are mentioning...where could I get that?

...Ok going to try by your link now...
                    I'll try find you a link to it or you can take it from an SD version of any firmware. All you need is aml_autoscript and recovery.img

http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?i...1&d=1446951071

Unzip that and put it on the root of the SD card.

That recovery actually isn't working try this one https://mega.nz/#F!ZsxV0CrB!vsR6rdmZkpI9HShdPxybog

The one in this link definitely works just get the 2 files in this post unzip them both and put them on the SD card and rename twrp to recovery.img.

Sorry for all the hoops I should've tested it first on my own box before posting.
                    Last edited by steocullen91; 02-12-2017, 18:03.

Comment

It doesn't work I am still stuck at broken yellow screen with lines .... it doesn't go to twrp ...any idea why? Did exactly what you said.
                      ....maybe there is a problem with aml_autoscript ?

Comment

It doesn't work I am still stuck at broken yellow screen with lines .... it doesn't go to twrp ...any idea why? Did exactly what you said.
                        ....maybe there is a problem with aml_autoscript ?
                        Which firmware are you currently running and which box is it? That works for me on my x96 on a stock rom.

The autoscript linked just above your last post is the one I used.

Comment

Which firmware are you currently running and which box is it? That works for me on my x96 on a stock rom.

The autoscript linked just above your last post is the one I used.

Thank you for helping me with this....I have nexbox a95x 1g/8g and xannytech's rom (BETA4 .ZIP) ...
                          Last edited by fluoir; 02-12-2017, 19:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Anyway if you succeded log in to a forum and use a computer, i think you'll figure out how to set a simple launcher like SquareHome, if you're not interested in Android, i suggest to try Libreelec.
                            Thanks for your suggestion, but i'm happy with your rom. i'm sure that, with time, you will fix the only problem that really bothers me : no dts ! thanks again for your rom.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if this ROM is working OK on an X96 S905X box 2Gb / 16Gb? Thanks in advance
                              Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Thank you for helping me with this....I have nexbox a95x and xannytech's rom (BETA4 .ZIP) ...
                                Ok then try downloading the official twrp app from the play store and then flash the recovery.img I linked you to instead (you'll have to put it somewhere on the system storage then use twrp to flash it)

Then download reboot recovery and while the system is on run reboot recovery it's also on the play store.

Links to apk files in case:

If that still doesn't work try this recovery image instead http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/TWRP/

Comment

Working...
                                X