Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest - Thanks for making the updates to build.prop to spoof the Nexus. Not sure if you are interested but do you think something like this might work with your build to enable DRM?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...83&postcount=3

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      We looked at that a while ago, and it doesn't seem to work for Android 6.0 and later. (Actually, I'm surprised anyone got it to work on Android 5.1.)

Hi everyone,

To begining sorry for my bad English, i will try to explain my problem with great words

I had just installed the Custom Rom Android TV on my Mini M8S II S905X ( Thank you Guest for this great working)
    I used USB Burning Tool Method to flash my rom and install Android TV

everything work perfectly except Netflix who give me an particular which you know : Error ui-800-3

Is someone have a trust issue for this error except install Netflix Mobile APK ? Is a solution will be deployed ?

I have try everything :

Reboot internet
    Unplug USB / No SDCard
    Delete Netflix Cach system and data
    uninstall reinstall
    Install other version of Android Netflix : 4.0 / 3.5 / 3.2 / 4.2 / ...

Ty for your repost
    Have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by Drakeos View Post
      Hi everyone,

To begining sorry for my bad English, i will try to explain my problem with great words

I had just installed the Custom Rom Android TV on my Mini M8S II S905X ( Thank you Guest for this great working)
      I used USB Burning Tool Method to flash my rom and install Android TV

everything work perfectly except Netflix who give me an particular which you know : Error ui-800-3

Is someone have a trust issue for this error except install Netflix Mobile APK ? Is a solution will be deployed ?

I have try everything :

Reboot internet
      Unplug USB / No SDCard
      Delete Netflix Cach system and data
      uninstall reinstall
      Install other version of Android Netflix : 4.0 / 3.5 / 3.2 / 4.2 / ...

Ty for your repost
      Have a good day

Everyone have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lucaspdude View Post

Everyone have the same problem.
        Ok, i will waiting

Comment

You can wait a while, there's no fix yet since it's a drm issue. All those kind of boxes have this same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamse View Post
            You can wait a while, there's no fix yet since it's a drm issue. All those kind of boxes have this same issue.
            Ho ... ok

Is there an alternative issue ?

Comment

You mean beside the fact to buy another compatible box such as the MiBox or NVIDIA Shield ?
              No, there's none for now.

Comment

Ok Question for whoever. im semi new, but i downloaded [update_MINIMXIII-II_112M0_Nano-20170606] so i have used the amlogic burn tool to flash other roms. The only thing is those roms were 1 .img to flash where as this one is 3 .imgs and then on top of that there is 2 dat files and the transfer list. this is a step up from what im used to lol. If you can help awesome!!!!

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're looking at an OTA update file, which should remain as a .zip archive. The .img files contained within are a different format from the Amlogic burn packages, a proprietary.img file format that contains all partition images and must be flashed with Amlogic USB Burning Tool or Bootcard Maker.

Originally posted by Drakeos View Post

Ho ... ok

Is there an alternative issue ?
                Hi, you need to use desktop Netflix version (for Android stock) and use mouse

Comment

Will this box still get the Nougat joy please?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm still trying to get Bluetooth working on the Amlogic p212 boxes. The plan was to use the M8S Pro+ system image, but apparently there are precompiler directives that need to change and just adding the needed files won't do it. Without source, that's now a dead end.

My current effort is to adapt a S912 ROM for S905X, which requires downgrading Mali-T820MP3 to Mali-450MP. Still working on that.

Guest Correct me if am wrong, but can't you just develop the rom from an existing nougat stock rom? I saw one on this forum a while back.

Update: With the Z69 OEM firmware, hopefully we are one step closer to Nougat Android TV custom rom.
                  Last edited by sweetnonso; 09-12-2017, 04:19.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The only OEM Nougat firmware on my radar for Amlogic p212 (S905X) is the U2+ and Khadas VIM. If you can find others, that would be fantastic.

Update: We just got the Z69 OEM firmware yesterday.
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2017, 21:03.

This ROM works great in a X9 android box (i think it is a clone of Mini M8S II). Eveything is ok (bt, wifi etc).
                  I have one question, i have a mi box remote (the one with the voice button) from a mi box that is now useless. I managed to pair it and everything works great except the voice button. Is there a way to make the voice button (and ofcourse the microphone of the remote) work with this ROM?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I recently purchased a Mi Box Bluetooth remote with the intent of getting this working, but I just haven't had time to look into it yet.

Been using this rom for some weeks since last post, and it has been perfect for daily use.

I installed TWRP for root access, and use DroidSSH for login access to the box, since ADB is not working.
                  I have made some modification to KODI, to at least support switching framerate and auto switch from HDR mode, when a HDR movie was played, so much easier with root to verify all this.

I tested the other roms which were compatible, but i had no remote control support and, there was some features corrupted when that rom was installed, since uboot was different too.

But so far, it works fine.

Im sorry, about my previous initial response that it was slow, that seemed to be a one time startup issue, where it halted the GUI too much, and i responded too soon on this, and wrote it was not using proper libraries, that is confirmed working fine Sorry!

Comment

I will wait then for you to find the time to test the Xiaomi Remote I can tell you that it works (press home + back button for pair), the problem is with the voice button. In Kodi using the keymapper app i saw that when i pressed the voice button to register it in an action the "61588" code (i think by memory) was registering and the button could be used so i guess that its a matter of mapping and the button will work (i just dont know how to do it in android) BUT that doesnt mean that the microphone will also work so easily. Thank you for your quick answer

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
                      Guest Correct me if am wrong, but can't you just develop the rom from an existing nougat stock rom? I saw one on this forum a while back.

Update: With the Z69 OEM firmware, hopefully we are one step closer to Nougat Android TV custom rom.
                      I have tested the Z69 ROM, and it actually works quite well. Except the DTD is ****ed for my setup, i end up with 3GB storage
                      Remote is configured, wifi works, Netflix/Youtube runs 1080p (No UHD) and ADB is working as it should here.

I have not tested stability much or KODI and playback, but it is indeed very compatible, except Bluetooth do not start properly, log shows activity but im missing some things, hopefully Magendanz can do this better, as i also got the problem of repacking the 2GB image, removing all the "preinstall" 500MB and other things to lower the size.

Magendanz : If you need the remote.cfg / remote.tab files, ill post them for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X