Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, with wireless drivers it's not as simple as just replacing a kernel module (.ko) file. There are typically entries in the init.rc that need to be changed, and that lives in the ramdisk that's contained in the boot partition with the kernel. You can try reverting to your original boot.img and swapping out the .ko file in /system/lib, but that may break other things.

Comment

Hello Magendanz,

Edit : Sorry wrong thread...I wanted to post on the mini M8S II thread ;-(

"Could you, please, tell me if your ROM supports USB touchscreen ? and if not is it possible to add it ?
      I have an ACER T231H 23" touch screen and a mini M8S II.
      Thank you very much,

bibo"

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Same answer: I can't test for hardware I don't have. Why don't you give it a try and let us know?

Hello, is there a installation guide ?

edit: i have "Mini M8S" s905

Comment

There are step-by-step instructions in the link for the flash tools in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          There are step-by-step instructions in the link for the flash tools in the original post.
          Thank you for your help sir. Now i am getting netflix error "ui-800-3", is there any solution.

Best Regards.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, that's Netflix insisting on Widevine L1, which this box doesn't have. (Ironically, the cheaper S905X-based M8S Pro+ does have L1, but the M8S Pro is L3.)

Hi, sorry for my english, and if the reply already published.

Is it possible to flash ugoos firefly like on the GT1 to have cast possibilities ? Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Google Cast really doesn't work on any of these Android TV ports, due to its reliance on Widevine L1 certification. About the only circumstance where it does is when casting YouTube from Chrome (or the new YouTube for Android TV, which is a WebView client).

Hello Guest , I've installed your ROM into my tv box (MiniMX Version 1) and I've fixed wifi connection since its wifi chip is ap6330 (I have to fix bluetooth, so when I'll finish I can give it to you so you can make an update or post the zip here). I've installed the Android TV version but I have a doubt, why I can't find on the Google Play Store some games that I was able to found with the stock ROM? Can I install/upgrade opengapps.org apps flashing them? I've flashed Android TV version thinking I could had been able to download games like Golden Axe (with the stock ROM it wasn't visible on the store) but now I can't see it either, why don't you change the "fake" name of this version from nexus 10 to nvidia shield? Could it works? Thank you.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Android TV uses the Google Play Store for Android TV (PhoneskyKamikazeCanvas), not the old Google Play Store (Phonesky), and the new store looks only for apps that are compatible with Android TV. You can upgrade some OpenGApps using the TVStock variant, but that package has some issues that require manual fixes.

As for device spoofing, I've given up on that particular exercise because I just don't think it works. You can continue to tweak the build.prop, however, and see if you find something that works better. I've actually just reverted to telling the truth.

How to fix WiFi and bluetooth if, after you've flashed this ROM, they don't work. Read the text file with the instructions. It worked on my Android TV Box with WiFi chip ap6330. Now I have a full Android TV Box.

Here's the link

Comment

I just dropped the MX3 TV Stock version on to my KII Pro and it booted up just fine. I'll need to do copy over files to get the wifi to work - but the ethernet worked fine.

This 424 release doesn't seem to have the Nexus Live Channels USB tuner support built in that the M8SPro+ 825 release has. Is this an update you could procide? I'm looking to test the usb tuner/live channelsfunctions on a 905 chip (KII Pro) vs the 905x (M8S Pro+).

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by edit4ever! View Post
              I just dropped the MX3 TV Stock version on to my KII Pro and it booted up just fine. I'll need to do copy over files to get the wifi to work - but the ethernet worked fine.

This 424 release doesn't seem to have the Nexus Live Channels USB tuner support built in that the M8SPro+ 825 release has. Is this an update you could procide? I'm looking to test the usb tuner/live channelsfunctions on a 905 chip (KII Pro) vs the 905x (M8S Pro+).

Thanks!
              i have KII PRO,is this rom compatible with kii pro?

Comment

Hello i just flash my Beelink mini MX III S905 (first version) with the : TVStock Variant: BURN PACKAGE (752MB IMG file)
                from this tutorial.

It's work great BUT my original remote control dopesn't work anymore. I must use an other remote with usb receptor.

Any possibility to use my original remote control ?

Comment

Would someone who has installed the TV stock ROM be willing to email me 2 files I'm missing? Please send me a PM. Thank you!

Comment

the rom is working ok - one problem I haveon my m8s, my box doesn't recognize my usb hard disk. Even cat /proc/partitions doesn't show anything besides /dev/mmcblk......

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How is the drive formatted? I believe only FAT32 is supported.

Hi, my MX3 work fine but at each restart, i need to select Language, After this, it recognize my Google Account, etc. but I need to valid each option, like for the first configuration. Not really WAF...

An Idea ? I tried a TWRP basic format 2x but problem not resolved.

PS : Sorry for approximative english...

Comment

I tried to flash over a working box using the sd method and it bricked it before even starting flashing (the robot never showed up). What are my options? Whatever I tried (making sd with new roms) didn't succeed. Any options? I don't have currently usb male to male. Is there any guide?

Comment

Working...
                      X