Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post

Just to be clear: there is no other firmware you can use for your LB variant.

So you'll have to find a solution to each of your problems separately:
    1. YouTube hangs: you should update to the latest OTA stock firmware which fixed the youtube issue
    2. Amazon prime: no idea, search if others found way to work amazon
    3. Don't want to install apps via USB: I think there are a few special apps which look a little bit like Google Play but actually install apks. I think there is one called aptoide?
    Thanks
    As Giannis mentioned, no OTA update. Have tried as well, no luck
    Amazon prime not working has something to do with the box not supporting Microsoft Playready DRM (i think) and not sure if that can be installed. Haven't been able to find info on that, still searching
    The box comes with aptoide installed and I am using that to install the apps that I need. But nothing beats a full suite Play Store app. Still managing to use the box till, hopefully, a firmware is released

Comment

Thanks Giannis. I don't see an image attached, but that's ok
      Will try uninstalling the updates on Youtube and see if that fixes it

Comment

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
        Thanks Giannis. I don't see an image attached, but that's ok
        Will try uninstalling the updates on Youtube and see if that fixes it

Click image for larger version  Name:	aaa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	742652

Additionally for youtube issues read and this thread:
        freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/719713-issue-with-youtube-and-m8s-pro-l
        Last edited by Giannis; 08-30-2018, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Changelog (20180830):
          • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
          • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
          • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
          • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
          • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
          Notes:
          • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
          Download:
          Thank you very much indeed, Sir!

Comment

Changelog (20180830):
            Notes:
            • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
            Download:
            Can you release a version for the LB variant or tell us what to change to make this work with this version?
            I tried your ROM with the ethernet cable for a while and it works great! I had to switch back for casting and remote controls...

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife has forbidden me from purchasing more TV boxes, since I have dozens already littering my office floor. So, you won't be seeing LB releases of this custom ROM unless you can convince GearBest or GeekBuying to send me one.

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post

Can you release a version for the LB variant or tell us what to change to make this work with this version?
            I tried your ROM with the ethernet cable for a while and it works great! I had to switch back for casting and remote controls...
            No loss of drm/netflix by installing this custom rom?
            Wish there was a way to use external WiFi adapter somehow

Comment

What do I need to do to get this update to work with my LB? Why are LBs the models that have all the problems?

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post
                What do I need to do to get this update to work with my LB? Why are LBs the models that have all the problems?
                because LB version has different wifi module to previous versions so not compatible.

Comment

So don't attempt to use this update? Wait till an update is available for the LB version?

Comment

The lads over at atvxperience.com are creating a universal rom for all s912 boxes so hopefully that will work with the LB version.
                    Last edited by BringerOfRainX1; 09-01-2018, 21:03.

Comment

Changelog (20180830):
                      Notes:
                      Download:
                      BIG THANKS!!!!

Comment

Does this firmware support NTFS and exFat out of the box for external hdds and usb/sd cards or do I need an app to make it work like android phones?
                        Also, how do I know which Pro L model do I have? I bought it around 8 months and its the one without the voice remote.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaking View Post
                          Does this firmware support NTFS and exFat out of the box for external hdds and usb/sd cards or do I need an app to make it work like android phones?
                          Also, how do I know which Pro L model do I have? I bought it around 8 months and its the one without the voice remote.
                          Check under your box. You should see some numbers ending with some letters. You are fine as long as yours doesn't end with the letters LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrinsic View Post

Check under your box. You should see some numbers ending with some letters. You are fine as long as yours doesn't end with the letters LB.
                            It ends with LQ so I guess am fine. Do you happen to know if this rom comes pre-rooted and with ntfs and fat support?

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, they're factory rooted. Please read notes in the OP.

I'm going to use USB Burning Tool and load the old M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.img on my Mecool M8S Pro L (LB version) and then try to perform the OTA update. Hopefully this works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X