MAGICSEE N6 MAX TV Box RK3399 Android 7.1 4/32GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan USB3.0 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gefattern for your advise and I keep in mind though

Hvnt any experience old type RK3328 but you right my first criteria viewing video files etc.,
    Might be I'll buy 3328

Comment

Berg, Curious if you have run the alwinner h6?
      They seem to have improved much recently.

I'm with you, looking for a fast, fast and STABLE multitasking device primarily for video download/ storage and playback.
      The type C connection was desired for adding a ssd, so your experience is a bit alarming.

As SC indicates, maybe A8.x will be a magicsee solution offered sooner than later.
      It would be super great if @sc, etc could "blow up" the insanely ugly ms inspired tile desktop.
      A clean, minimized, yet customizable launcher/ui is a must have... The industry standard is visually retarded.
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Hi Clark

-not yet to run Allwinner H6

-I'm little bit confused!

note;according to "Review"(in fact all those are "marketing tool"!!) N6 flying very high pooohhhhh

-so we are awating to see what MagicSee do it tomorrow or after tomorrow

This Box really disappointed for me at least,made me mad

-Do you believe that the box wont play 1080p 10.000kbps and over!!!
        Also KODI(17 and 18) wont play if you open the Codecs! if you closed than played O.K

++

My opinion DONT BUY N6 at present! wait firmware than we will advise you

I need Beer

Comment

It's done now. Shipped & on it's way.

Couple of thoughts :
          I didn't see support for hdmi/ cec.
          Reviews like trebor are pretty much independent testing and opinions.
          - IT Passed, his and others careful dissecting.
          They put the n6 thru the "jellyfish 10bit" test video, yours won't run it?

btw, the Shield is only about 40 USD More, during recent promotions, than the n6.
          ... How did you pass that up?

Also look at Sunvell's T95x Max. It's a well equipped, inexpensive H6 with a support reputation. Just a thought.
          I look forward to trebor getting a look at it.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I got my Box yesterday. I have been trying putting the box thought it paces.

Found quite a lot of issue.

1. Netflix the oldest version 4.XX.XX work, you try to go to version 6 and you will get an incompatibility error
            2. Amazon Prime Video crashes the moment you try to play a video
            3. Screen saver doesn't work at all i set the screensaver time as 5 minutes and turn off after 30 minutes of no activity both of the functions do not work.
            4. I observed some HDMI sync issues as well where the image will flicker intermittently.

Hope they and fix the issues with the firmware.

Cheers,
            Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sidglide View Post
              Hi Guys,

Found quite a lot of issue.

1. Netflix the oldest version 4.XX.XX work, you try to go to version 6 and you will get an incompatibility error
              3. Screen saver doesn't work at all i set the screensaver time as 5 minutes and turn off after 30 minutes of no activity both of the functions do not work.
              4. I observed some HDMI sync issues as well where the image will flicker intermittently.

Cheers,
              Sid
              I don't think any of the big problems will be solved, in a month or 2, Magicsee will move on to a new chipset and forget about this device, but I might be wrong.
              Amazon Prime Video was fixed over a year ago by Rockchip, so that means, they still use beta Nougat firmware from over a year ago, full of bugs and don't know what they are doing.
              How such a device passed quality control before shipment I don't know, unless it's non-existent.

Comment

[QUOTE=sidglide;n756226]Hi Guys,

Found:

Cheers, Sid

**please pass this along to magicsee asap,
                Earliest possible time to Ask for a FT dedicated contact with regards to flush the bugs out of essentially the Flagship effort.
                Surely they are invested here and want "wins", Not "Fails"

Any advice on keeping gear best in the loop?
                Or should they be the Primary contact??

Anyone buy the delivery guarantee?
                Unit disfunction may be results of rough shipping in minimum protected packaging.
                -- Please share your GB related communications with regards to known issues.
                Thnx, the worrier :- /

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I don't think any of the big problems will be solved, in a month or 2, Magicsee will move on to a new chipset and forget about this device, but I might be wrong.
                  Amazon Prime Video was fixed over a year ago by Rockchip, so that means, they still use beta Nougat firmware from over a year ago, full of bugs and don't know what they are doing.
                  How such a device passed quality control before shipment I don't know, unless it's non-existent.
                  I upgraded from a x96 mini (old version) with S-905X chipset was very happy with it.(no bluetooth sadly)
                  Wanted to try some emulators so i though might as well upgrade to a RK3399 tv box.(PS1, SNES, NES, Dreamcast maybe etc)
                  Did not consider the Nvidia Shield as wireless mouse does not work(i use logitech wireless mice with all my devices).
                  (left click to get into an app and right click top get out)
                  Hopefully they support this product for sometime and fix the issue.

However in retrospective i suppose i should have gone for H96 Max pro plus those devices are better supported.

But you are right my friend dont think this will be a long term solution.

Comment

I upgraded from a x96 mini (old version) with S-905X chipset was very happy with it.(no bluetooth sadly)
                    Wanted to try some emulators so i though might as well upgrade to a RK3399 tv box.

Hopefully they support this product for sometime and fix the issue.

However in retrospective i suppose i should have gone for H96 Max pro plus those devices are better supported.

But you are right my friend dont think this will be a long term solution.
                    You guys and your reality check are starting to rain on my parade...
                    I guess if GB is fudging the truth about being shipped out I could try to Kill the order... or?
                    Sell it to an unsuspecting box-drooler on **** or such. Hmm?
                    Or maybe run it, like I don't know what I'm doing...
                    Hell, couldn't be Much Worse than Fustrations of beelink and mecool. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

You guys and your reality check are starting to rain on my parade...
                      I guess if GB is fudging the truth about being shipped out I could try to Kill the order... or?
                      Sell it to an unsuspecting box-drooler on **** or such. Hmm?
                      Or maybe run it, like I don't know what I'm doing...
                      Hell, couldn't be Much Worse than Fustrations of beelink and mecool. Right?
                      Lets see how this develops bro; hoping against hope that they will improve the firmware support.
                      What i think it is poorly optimized if they give it time and effort it might turn out to be a great box.
                      Havent tried the USB 3.1 yet but hopefully it will improve.
                      Like my old X96 kept getting updated for about 2 years and now it is stable and good.

Comment

My suggestion is to just advise Magicsee of the problems, with video and pictures,
                        Were pretty good with there support/fixes of the amlogic software.
                        Keep at them, for a solution to the woe's
                        Happy Holidays

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                          It's done now. Shipped & on it's way.

Couple of thoughts :
                          I didn't see support for hdmi/ cec.
                          Reviews like trebor are pretty much independent testing and opinions.
                          - IT Passed, his and others careful dissecting.
                          They put the n6 thru the "jellyfish 10bit" test video, yours won't run it?

btw, the Shield is only about 40 USD More, during recent promotions, than the n6.
                          ... How did you pass that up?

Also look at Sunvell's T95x Max. It's a well equipped, inexpensive H6 with a support reputation. Just a thought.
                          I look forward to trebor getting a look at it.

Hi Clark

1-"HDMI-CEC" does not work!!! if you select than comes to grey out,so out of function this CEC

2-Jellyfish;hvnt tried yet! according test video;"passed"!

But all my 1080p videos 10Mbit and over files;Failed! but 10Mbit and lower videos O.K

3-Have you tried such as Power ON/OFF function;if you select Power OFF(from Remote) and if you wait
                          1hour than device doesnt Opened!! if you pressed to open function within 10min or 30min or less duration
                          its work! device opened!

4-Seems that I'll go to Shield hereafter(found fm US $ 149/159 such Amazon.com-Body and Remote only-Basic
                          unit)

Note;I never buy again "AMLogic" AML is over for me

++

>And today Gearbest returned to me(due to my opened Ticket) and they requested Device photo,Box photo,Item Code photo etc.,
                          so,I already sent right now

>Therefore MagicSee not returned me,I waiting their response and especially the new "firmware" for "Type-C Port" issue and
                          other issues,hope they will do it in soon!

Bye++

Comment

Guys
                            one more issue to report :

I checked with CPU app the A53 cores do not throttle down in absence of activity but keep running at 1416Mhz.
                            I do not know maybe some app preinstalled in the system is eating away all the CPU cycles.

cheers
                            Sid

Comment

Guys
                              one more issue to report :

I checked with CPU app the A53 cores do not throttle down in absence of activity but keep running at 1416Mhz.
                              I do not know maybe some app preinstalled in the system is eating away all the CPU cycles.

cheers
                              Sid
                              Also the USB port stay powered even in standby mode.(i attached a USB fan to cool the device down)
                              The fan kept running in standby mode.

Comment

Hi sidglide

I'v removed lot of Apps!
                                such as NetFlix,Skype,Twitter,Mobdro,ShowBox,etc.,

+

USB ports always powered/running!

+

But my Box very cool,no any Heat issue(room temp around 18/19C)

Note;when I check thru KODI>>System Info;Hardware and have seen 2C !!! is it possible?? always 2C!!
                                when IDLE

Total Memory;3846MB
                                Free Memory;3048MB
                                Last edited by bergamesk; 12-27-2018, 09:22. Reason: add.info.

Comment

Working...
                                X