Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I can soldering and that is not a problem. OK, now I wonder how you did it.
    You mean that the fan has to blow down (at the bottom of the box), is that right.
    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post
      Were you able to fix this issue? If not, do you know how to find out if this tv box won't cause display issues with my 13 year old Philips TV?
      37PF9731D/10

Beleef de ultieme kijkervaring met deze Philips Cineos Flat TV met Pixel Plus 3 HD, Ambilight Surround en Clear LCD-technologie. Met de Digital Media Reader met PC Link hebt u toegang tot alle multimediacontent.‎

I did not fix it. I suspect that all HDMI under version 1.4 have problems with the latest Hdmi 2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by JKow View Post

I did not fix it. I suspect that all HDMI under version 1.4 have problems with the latest Hdmi 2.1.
        That should not be the case. In theory HDMI 2.1 should be backwards compatible with older HDMI versions. I don't dare to buy the A95XMax now...

Did you try different HDMI cables?
        Last edited by JandeHekkerman; 04-13-2019, 20:41.

Comment

[]
          Last edited by doktorspon; 04-13-2019, 14:06.

Comment

Hi, the Launcher is not the best. My wireless mouse is responding laggy..So when can we expect a custom rom for the a95x max??

Comment

Originally posted by Hjhoekie View Post
              Hi, the Launcher is not the best. My wireless mouse is responding laggy..So when can we expect a custom rom for the a95x max??
              Yeah, the launcher is terrible, but I guess it's ok if you are being a couch potato. Big font, large icons, easy to see from a distance. Remote control for a TV with extras.

I haven't seen any interest in the A95X MAX in developer forums, so you'll have to wait and hope. Some other S905x2 TV boxes have had work done on them, recent Beelink box for example. There is a Poison ROM around for S905x2 boxes, though I haven't heard anyone successfully installing it on this box. And I haven't heard of anyone establishing an adb connection with it.

For safe ROM installation I'd need TWRP, but I haven't found a version I could flash. (I did try to flash one version---a S905x2 TWRP 3.2.2.0---using the Flashify app, but I couldn't boot into it, so I returned to stock.)

There's a link this web page to stock firmware (20190109) for anyone who might risk loading stuff that could brick the box.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                It happens, don't panic
                They get approved sooner or later

if you dont like the launcher, just install another one from playstore....
              I would recommend the square home launcher....

Comment

@doktorspon

Take a look at this TWRP 3.2.3
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...2-u211-devices

Comment

Hi guys

-Wireless mouse kinda lagy(I'v tried before) but use "Airmouse" its way better highly recomm.

-Launcher not bad at all,after couple of time then you like it

-Stock ROM also not bad,so no rush for the Custom ROM
                  and positive way is;FW upgrade possible by WiFi OTA

So be patient for the Custom-ROM!

++

By they way I'v already sold my A95X BOX
                  and I'll buy the new AML "S922X" box (seems that pre-reviews almost very good!)
                  Odroid N2,Beelink GT-1 King,Ugoos AM6;seems those 3 Brands coming very soon(Mid April)

So my A95X MAX "Adventure" is over within 2 months
                  in frankly after RK3399 "Picture Quality" performance this AML9..... did not satisfy me!

++

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post
                    That should not be the case. In theory HDMI 2.1 should be backwards compatible with older HDMI versions. I don't dare to buy the A95XMax now...

Did you try different HDMI cables?
                    "in theory" yes. Of course, I used different HDMI cables. The box works with another old (December 2009) TV (HDMI 1.4).

Comment

Originally posted by JKow View Post

"in theory" yes. Of course, I used different HDMI cables. The box works with another old (December 2009) TV (HDMI 1.4).

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post

if you dont like the launcher, just install another one from playstore....
                        I would recommend the square home launcher....
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arehome2&hl=de
                        Thanks, the square home Launcher 3 works great with this box. Most launchers do not, because you can't drag and drop icons. Still, the mouse response is laggy.
                        Last edited by Hjhoekie; 04-14-2019, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post
                          @doktorspon

Take a look at this TWRP 3.2.3
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...2-u211-devices
                          Thanks for the info. What happens when I try to install this TWRP (as with the previous version 3.2.2.0):

Code:
                          Finding update package...
                          Opening update package...
                          Verifying update package...
                          E: footer is wrong
                          Update package verification took 0.1 s (result 1).
                          E: Signature verification failed
                          E: error: 21
                          Installation aborted.
                          And I could find no information about "E: footer is wrong" via google. I'm stuck here again!

Further:

1. Tried to flash the file with Flashify, but that apparently failed. I rebooted to recovery, but it was stock.

2. Tried to flash with the official TWRP app and it seems to have flashed it. I rebooted to recovery, well I tried to reboot to recovery, but the system booted instead. The TWRP app seemed to get around the verification process that the other approaches couldn't. But in the end it was no use Either this TWRP just doesn't function on the A95X MAX or there is something blocking its functionality.
                          Last edited by doktorspon; 04-14-2019, 16:29.

Comment

Thanks, the square home Launcher 3 works great with this box. Most launchers do not, because you can't drag and drop icons. Still, the mouse response is laggy.
                            I just tried this launcher, but the A95X MAX chops a bit off the bottom or top of the squares grid... it happens at the top or bottom. I've noticed this sort of thing has happened with other launchers, so, if you've noticed this, there there may be a bug in the graphic interface.

Comment

doktorspon I changed that in the launcher settings. See the pictures. Works great so far. But hoping someone will create a custom rom, because this is an extremely fast box with lots of potential.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X