No announcement yet.

NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK809III AP6210 Version 1.9a *UPDATE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bthw, no one of the attached "overclocked" kernels is working higher than 1416 Mhz because of that limitation in the /sys/devices/system/cpu...

You can check it with any cpu id

Comment

Originally posted by babnik80 View Post
      I tried it with every Sam's kernel and I only get the spinning circle and then reboots. Any ideas?
      Anyone?

Comment

kernel issues

Had the same. Looks like only these kernels are doing magic. Additionaly I've lost an ability to flash any other firmware with the bootloader ver. <2.07, even using restore option from rkbatch tool

1 way is to flash the original kernel from the top post and wait until Neomode tides all up.

DOn't get upset

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post

I am using the Kernel2 with my CX-919 and all works flawlessly!!
          So, I tflashed kernel2 and wifi speeds are terrible. Then flashed default kernel and still the same. What did you do to get it to work properly??

Comment

cpu frequency

Originally posted by nefas View Post
            Greetings, dear Neomode!

Really appreciate your job! Keep going! If I had money, I would donate it to support your deeds ))
            For now I can support you only with the kind words.

I have some concerns regarding this update. Could you please add the kernel the standard CPU frequencies 312-1608Mhz and remove the cpu_minfreq and max_freq limitations. Also please, take a look at /mali400_utility/param. I saw some duplicates there. Is it in use, btw, or deprecated? In any case 533Mhz will greatly improve performance, and will not add too much heat. And the last one - I hear a strange poking sound from speakers time-to-time on the both MK809IIIs I flashed. Is it normal? A kinda reminder? )

Thank you much anyway!
            Hello!

I noticed absolutely the same problems and ask Neomode to check this but got no answer
            Maybe now he takes a look on this because firmware settings are really strange.

Comment

This is the MK809III I received from Geekbuying on the 16th Dec 2013 I have tried the new this firmware but it does not work, then I tried a MK802IV firmware and all works fine, including the wifi and Bluetooth.

Top view, can someone tell me what that loose red wire is? I guess its a antenna but not sure.

Closer look at the NAND and wifi chipset

There is no metal heatsink but a heat spreader sheet.

Comment

You guessed correct with the red wire.

Which MK802IV firmware did you use?
                There are two different chip-sets and only the newer one uses this rom.

The older one uses a different driver so wifi would not work using this rom.
                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Re: NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK809III AP6210 Version 1.9a *UPDATE*

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                  You guessed correct with the red wire.

Which MK802IV firmware did you use?
                  There are two different chip-sets and only the newer one uses this rom.

The older one uses a different driver so wifi would not work using this rom.
                  Agreed.
                  I'm surprised GB still has MK809III units with the old RTL8188 wireless...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
                  Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                  Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                  uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                  iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                  Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

It was the http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/MK80...1_20130620.zip I used. I am surprise myself. I guess the kernel has driver for both wifi chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
                      Agreed.
                      I'm surprised GB still has MK809III units with the old RTL8188 wireless...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
                      Yeah i guessing there still some left over stock around but in the end it still a good device so he not up the creek.
                      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Actually it is good for me because I often flash Lubuntu Linux on it. This device happens to get the highest wifi connection speed (150mbps) out of 3 sticks I have. The 4th MK908 died due to my own mistakes. The compatibility to MK802IV means both Linuxium and Picuntu should work.

Comment

CX 919 ROM / Overclock

Originally posted by Ozmosis View Post
                          Hi,

I have the CX 919 II (the black one with two orange wifi antenna)
                          Sorry im a little lost with which version to install... compatability etc
                          Am i okay to get the 1.9a package and inc kernal?

Thanks
                          hi - there is a sulution to your stick in another post... he gets >20000 in antutu...

wish I had bought that stick..... mine is MK809 iii - alot of trouble finding an overclockable FW
                          MK809III new Wifi Neomod Rom 1.9a - video stutter with mp4 / 264

Comment

AW: NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK809III AP6210 Version 1.9a *UPDATE*

Yes you are right Version 3 of this Stick is very buggy. I have a lot of problems to find a Working Kernel. I think it is maybe a Ram problem. Everytime I want go ever 400 Mhz it will not work.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

missing codecs

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                              Yes you are right Version 3 of this Stick is very buggy. I have a lot of problems to find a Working Kernel. I think it is maybe a Ram problem. Everytime I want go ever 400 Mhz it will not work.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2
                              with either of your roms I lost ability to play any MP4, divx and mk4 videos - like all codecs disappeared. Also couldnt see any photos - simple as that :-D

Havent given up - right now looking at another ROM : know this?:

MK809III_root_AP6210_20131022.zip

seems to work - now I will use the tools

rkpatchomatic (to fix video and OC)

first with the ROM included - then with a kernel i think is stock - but not sure... it is from the one in your post that wasnt new anyway LOL....

Thanx for your great work - and I WILL donate - and hope to contribute... would like to reach the results from zetzzzz but our roms arent compatible - wifi differs
                              MK809III new Wifi Neomod Rom 1.9a - video stutter with mp4 / 264

Comment

I can not understand that, i have testet the Rom with Video and Photo.
                                May a wrong or bad install. We can ask other user if they have the same Problems.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                                X