Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK809III AP6210 Version 1.9a *UPDATE*

Originally posted by Wolfy85 View Post
    I kinda doubt it. Been using this same black berry charger as a power adapter with other roms and it worked just fine. Even tried using different kernels. and the default kernel is the only one that actually works... But give it 5 minutes and it goes black then reboots the whole freaking thing again.

Its so irritating.. Everytime I get an awesome Rom something is broken on it.. the screen flickers, reboots at default or the freaking wifi doesnt work!! I just cant WIN!!!

Buy a new PSU. I'm willing to bet youve got a current bottleneck right at the supply. If the charger / PSU is rated for less than the current you try to draw through it, the PSU will eventually fail, causing system instability and eventually a restart.. Is the BB charger hot when the device restarts?. Consider 2A to be the nominal requirement for driving a stick.

Originally posted by toaster View Post
    Yeah... I know.
    But I want to avoid it.
    There is no other way?
    You aren't a tv stick owner till you pop the lid and poke at the guts of it. There isnt much to fear inside the unit. Just be mindful of static electricity and only try to pull the heatsink off when it is warm and easier to release.

Good luck n happy modding!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new to this Android TV stuff but have some Android Phones rooted .
      I did the Backup for my MK809III with AP6210 and then flashed successfully the Neomode 1.9a after erasing the IDB. But now neither Wifi nor Bluetooth is working.
      Flashing again didn't solve the Problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefs View Post
        Hi there,

I'm new to this Android TV stuff but have some Android Phones rooted .
        I did the Backup for my MK809III with AP6210 and then flashed successfully the Neomode 1.9a after erasing the IDB. But now neither Wifi nor Bluetooth is working.
        Flashing again didn't solve the Problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
        There are two version of this device and this rom for the newer version.

Try this rom for the older version.
        Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
          There are two version of this device and this rom for the newer version.

Try this rom for the older version.
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...loudnet-Go-CR9

Hi, I have exact same prob as "Bladefs" no Wifi.
          Mine is also MK809 III RK3188T AP6210 TODCOOB 1352.
          I think I've tried every rom I have found on this site and read
          a lot of threads about this prob with no wifi and flickering video.
          Both neo 19 and 19a is working good with video but no wifi.

But neo 17 wifi works excellent with good speed but alot of flickering.
          I've tried sam321 kernels and even patch my on.

As "Okay" says in an other thread myabe it's only Neo who can help us.

If you or someone else have a ide what do I'm listening "very carefully"

Thanks for helping.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how you would go about flashing a kernel onto the TV stick? I've successfully flashed the ROM but I want to flash kernel3.img (the 1080p one).

Thank you in advance!

Comment

isn't it just replacing the kernel.img in the dev folder and just stick the kernel in tool and leave the others blank?

@mao: thanks, so I stay the stock rom I found and give hope in neo.

Comment

isn't it just replacing the kernel.img in the dev folder and just stick the kernel in tool and leave the others blank?

@mao: thanks, so I stay the stock rom I found and give hope in neo.
                Oh okay, I'll try it in a bit. Will this keep all my files etc. intact, or will they be wiped?

Comment

just flashing the kernel should keep your files, but don't rely on this

Comment

just flashing the kernel should keep your files, but don't rely on this
                    You were right, it worked! Thank you.

I just put the kernel in the dev/images folder and renamed it to "kernel" then I loaded up the RK Tool and unticked everything except for kernel and then flashed. Worked flawlessly.

Comment

OK fine ;-)

Comment

this rom is good for MK809 III RK3188-T wifi AP6210 or there are problems

Comment

Originally posted by packetlos View Post
                          I can report back that I have tested hardware version v3 with Rom 1.9a and the Sam321 1080p 1.8Ghz and 1400Mhz memory kernel version and it works brilliantly, I don't know if it is Neomode's magic in 1.9a or the fact the kernel is overlocked but this is the first time my problematic high bitrate video file that I use to test has played properly without stuttering. And HDMI pass through finally. Happy days....
                          Hi!
                          Need some fundamental help here,
                          I have a CX-919 v2 (not the dual antenna) and I need a guide for kernel + ROM flashing,
                          could you help me?

I have it pre-installed with android 4.2 (stock I guess?)
                          My aim to is to use the same as you: NEOMODE 1.9A + KERNEL: 1080p 1.8ghz ram 1400mhz

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                          NEOMODE CUSTOM ROM MK809III AP6210 Version 1.9a *UPDATE*

Maybe you could put a little guide in a link at the beginning of your threads?

Last edited by jacobsson; 02-20-2014, 14:18. Reason: Question for neomode

Comment

Can't turn on my Ugoos UM2 using this Rom

Guys, I don't know if this its been asked before, but using this Rom I can't turn on my UM2 device with remote control, With stock Rom I didn't have this problem. Is there any setup i need to do or something? Thanks
                            -Chromecast with Google TV
                            - Android Q Android 10

Comment

I recommend a ROM for this PCB layout

Originally posted by hnera View Post
                              this rom is good for MK809 III RK3188-T wifi AP6210 or there are problems

I too have this exact board - although I can't see the T-sign on the Rockchip label. This ROM is my fourth attempt in getting the board stable. Most ROMs don't support the Wifi-unit AP6210, others have problems with stability, flicker, slow wifi, and heat. But this ROM seems to work perfectly - for my needs at least.

Comment

joydev.ko for neomode 1.9a?

You are a lifesaver. I got the MK802 iv (with 3188T) and it wouldn't play HD until I flashed with your ROM. Awesome.

Next step was turning it into a gaming console. I plug in a game pad (rock candy wireless PS3) and it navigates (up/down/left/right) but is not recognized as input device. Playing the games doing key mapping is not very good.

Is there a joydev.ko? will there be one?

any other suggestions to getting gaming going would be appreciated from other users...

thanks,

Comment

Working...
                                X