Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

The version running in my BOX is 20170825. Should I install this lastest version same as first time, with factory reset, etc? Or should I go for the 0930 version first?

This new one (1001), if I understood right, have the drivers for dualshock3?!

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, the Sony kernel modules that I brought over from Marshmallow aren't working on Nougat, but I'm searching for replacements.

Hi everyone, i already flash my MecoolM8S pro+ last month with firmware OTA (20170825). What is the procedure for updating? OTA or full flash? Where is OTA option in the nexus rom if we have already flash it? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mastermanitou View Post
      Where is OTA option in the nexus rom if we have already flash it? Thank you[/B]
      I have the same question....hope you get an answer.

Comment

As I say in the OP, the updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. Since you don't have the Mecool Update app anymore, just install it in recovery.

To enter recovery (stock or TWRP), type "reboot recovery" from the Terminal app. When TWRP comes up, swipe to enter, click Install, select your source (SD card, USB flash drive, etc.), select the update .zip file, and then swipe to install. After that, you can optionally do a data wipe (factory reset) using the Wipe command.

If you've got stock OEM recovery, select "Apply update from EXT", select your source, and then select the update .zip file. After that, you can optionally do a factory wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

To enter recovery (stock or TWRP), type "reboot recovery" from the Terminal app. When TWRP comes up, swipe to enter,.
          Guest, thanks for replying.
          Sorry, but what does "swipe to enter" mean? Sounds like you need a "touch screen" device....I only have the remote control

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, you'll need a mouse.

As I say in the OP, the updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. Since you don't have the Mecool Update app anymore, just install it in recovery.

To enter recovery (stock or TWRP), type "reboot recovery" from the Terminal app. When TWRP comes up, swipe to enter, click Install, select your source (SD card, USB flash drive, etc.), select the update .zip file, and then swipe to install. After that, you can optionally do a data wipe (factory reset) using the Wipe command.

If you've got stock OEM recovery, select "Apply update from EXT", select your source, and then select the update .zip file. After that, you can optionally do a factory wipe.
          Followed everything, and then the update apparently was ok. When rebooted, it keeps freezing in the NEXUS initial screen... and don't go any further. I cant even do a hard reset... it freezes directly in NEXUS screen.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I just installed the update here and it worked fine. Do you by chance have one of the bad batch with the Samsung eMMC 5.1 chipset (KLMAG1JENB - B041)? See scary BIG RED WARNING at the top of this topic for more details.

I will confirm, but I was running the version 20170825 without any issues! Is there a way to check without open the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post
            I will confirm, but I was running the version 20170825 without any issues! Is there a way to check without open the box?
            Unfortunately there isn't. You must have to open the box.

Comment

I got SEC 713 are all of these faulty or just some? I had no crashes on mine on default firmware but I want to flash ATV , is there way to test ..maybe copy something to fill up all the flash see if can copy back?

Comment

As mentioned previously, My eMMC is SEC 649 B041 (my build is20170815.182813.V0321)
                I just did the OTA UPDATE 20171001.
                Unfortunately...it hasn't worked....it's stuck on "MECOOL" screen.

Therefore...if nothing can be done to save this box....I might as well get some pleasure in putting my hammer on it ...

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post
                  As mentioned previously, My eMMC is SEC 649 B041 (my build is20170815.182813.V0321)
                  I just did the OTA UPDATE 20171001.
                  Unfortunately...it hasn't worked....it's stuck on "MECOOL" screen.

Therefore...if nothing can be done to save this box....I might as well get some pleasure in putting my hammer on it ...
                  There is a good chance you will be able to revert it back to the original firmware, by downloading it and burning it using the burning tool. You may have to enter NAND mask ROM mode to get the burning tool to see the box

Comment

Just FYI, I was finally able to compile a build of TWRP recovery that works with the new M8S Pro+ V0619 kernel. I'm uploading the new release now.
                    Hi, where is the new TWRP recovery (img or zip) located? The link to the OP is not for M8s pro+

Comment

My friend has sec 713, (klmag1jenb=eMMC 5,1) and he was upload file v0321_tvstock-20170825 without any problems...

My box has sec 652 (klmag1jenb=eMMC 5,1) and I was bricked my box after updating file v0321_tvstock-20170825...

According to tv box Z69 (Pins are same on eMMC) from this link : http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...310#post673310
                    Below I attached new proposal...for test - short 2 pins on underside of board - do not solder them, just short circuit while attaching USB

Click image for larger version  Name:	proposial 1.png Views:	2 Size:	236.8 KB ID:	675303

Who can try this ?

Comment

Magendanz thank U

Comment

Thanks for the new update. Here are my experiences so far:

- After applying OTA update via TWRP, the box got stuck at Nexus Logo.

- But still can use burning tool to flash img file with success.

- I can root supersu via the updated TWRP so that I can use dynamic refresh rate with SPMC

- Sadly, when SPMC trying to change refresh rate I always get the black screen. It seem the box did change refresh rate. Audio still get through hdmi port but no picture.

Anyway, it's good to see the new update coming to this box.

Thanks you.

Comment

Working...
                        X