Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meiden View Post
    Guest Is it safe to flash via OTA the new build if you were able to flash last ATV rom without problems?
    I've just realized that there isn't any app called Update & Backup in your ATV's rom :S How can I use the OTA package then?

Another question that I have. Is Netflix HD working properly on last build?

Comment

Originally posted by leonkoum View Post
      Please help...

I manage to establish communication with my faulty box with samsung eMMC but now i have another problem..
      The procedure is stuck at 98%

What i am doing wrong?
      Any help?
      My Bad box always stuck at 98% until I ticked
      - Erase Flash>Force Erase (?All)
      - Erase Bootloader

May not need the Erase Bootloader - Expert may confirm exactly what is required - I was just experimenting.
      Even when a flash worked my box never did - It was always faulty from inception.

Comment

#705.1

Magendanz commented
        10-02-2017, 20:44

Yes. In fact, if you're upgrading from my last build based on V0619, I wouldn't even think a data wipe would be necessary.
        Great - Just the info I wanted too. Thanks

Comment

I managed to restore with Burn_Card_Maker the original FW M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 [Box with SEC 701].
          What do you think? Should I try and install with Burn_Card_Maker the latest ATV rom on this box?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            You can try, but I don't think the eMMC will take anything other than what was burned at the factory. Anything else (OEM or custom ROM), seems to result in a partial flash.

Originally posted by ready View Post
          I managed to restore with Burn_Card_Maker the original FW M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 [Box with SEC 701].
          What do you think? Should I try and install with Burn_Card_Maker the latest ATV rom on this box?
          Magendanz commented
          10-02-2017, 12:08

You can try, but I don't think the eMMC will take anything other than what was burned at the factory. Anything else (OEM or custom ROM), seems to result in a partial flash.
          Is ATV realistic in near future for this box M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 [SEC 701]?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I think those with bad eMMC chips are locked into the factory ROM at this point. The devices don't seem to be able to accept anything more than a partial flash, leaving portions unmodified. Unless you're flashing the original factory ROM, that's just not going to work.

That's really the only hypothesis that I can propose for why only this one firmware revision works on the affected boxes.

Originally posted by ready View Post
          Is ATV realistic in near future for this box M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 [SEC 701]?
          Magendanz
          #710.1

Magendanz commented
          10-02-2017, 12:23

No, I think those with bad eMMC chips are locked into the factory ROM at this point. The devices don't seem to be able to accept anything more than a partial flash, leaving portions unmodified. Unless you're flashing the original factory ROM, that's just not going to work.

That's really the only hypothesis that I can propose for why only this one firmware revision works on the affected boxes.
          Why the flashing to initial FW was able only with Burn_Card_Maker - M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321 [SEC 701]?
          With which FW should I now buy the new box to use it with ATV?

Comment

HI Magendanz, when you mentioned adding game controller support for the M8S Pro+, does that mean it will support Bluetooth USB dongle?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Sadly, no. superceleron tells me that there are compiler directives required to build a ROM with Bluetooth support, and to the best of our knowledge only ODROID has managed to create an Android build that can discover and use Bluetooth dongles. It's not just a matter of including the right kernel modules. You'd need to recompile from source.

Guest , so if I have a box with SEC 713, I just should stick to factory ROM? I will request a full refund soon and I'll select, that I didn't get the package (I chose untracked shipping). But could someone tell me, where should I buy that box to get new Kingston EMMC? Because there's no problems with those EMMC, right? And I will be able to flash ATV on it then, right?

+ Tell me, how can I even flash this box? Do I need sd card or some kind of special to connect it to PC? I didn't prepare properly for it, if I would even get box with right EMMC

Comment

Originally posted by jack1142 View Post
              .. where should I buy that box to get new Kingston EMMC? Because there's no problems with those EMMC, right? And I will be able to flash ATV on it then, right?
              banggood, 3 weeks ago... now, i dont know where..
              Last edited by essir; 10-02-2017, 22:30.

Comment

I didn't get any responses to my post #667, so I'll rephrase the question.
                My eMMC is SEC 649 B041 (my build is20170815.182813.V0321)

Has anyone else have the same eMMC and and tried the latest ATV rom? ( M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20170930.zip)

Comment

Just FYI, I was finally able to compile a build of TWRP recovery that works with the new M8S Pro+ V0619 kernel. I'm uploading the new release now.

Comment

You are the !!!!!

Comment

Goat!!!

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Just FYI, I was finally able to compile a build of TWRP recovery that works with the new M8S Pro+ V0619 kernel. I'm uploading the new release now.

Comment

Changelog (20171001):
                        • Finally compiled a build of TWRP recovery that works with the new V0619 kernel
                        • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
                        Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          Changelog (20171001):
                          • Finally compiled a build of TWRP recovery that works with the new V0619 kernel
                          • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box

Download:
                          You're making it so hard not to buy another mecool m8s pro+

Comment

Working...
                          X