Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ready View Post

Thanks for the information.
    I will flash my SEC701 box also with Burn_Card_Maker.
    So far the USB_Burning_Tool failed.
    ready any progress? I have the same mainboard like kml and you.
    You can see and compare on the link below:

Comment

Is there any way to set 1366x768 resolution?

Comment

maybe the Solution is to soldered 2 pins in NAND chip http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...short-location

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I would definitely not recommend soldering anything. Shorting those two pins is a way to trigger Mask ROM mode, but you shouldn't leave them shorted any more than you'd leave the reset button continually depressed.

Hello. First I would like to give congratulations for this great ROM! Really good job.

I have just one issue. The Google Play Store store is not working properly. When I access it, it appears only a very few apps for download, not the complete list of apps. Do you know any way to overcome this issue, in order to access the "real" google app store?

Thank you.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          This is an Android TV build, and so you'll get the Google Play Store for Android TV. It will only serve up apps designed for Android TV.

That said, you can still install Android apps for phone and tablet, but you'll have to install them from a site like APKMirror.

So, if you're familiar with the BrickBug issue, you'll realize that this isn't the first time that Samsung eMMC controllers have had problems.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=27074278
        https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1693704
        https://www.xda-developers.com/deter...-got-brickbug/
        https://www.xda-developers.com/anoth...ous-brick-bug/

If what we're seeing is a related issue, the problem may also be that we've discovered another defective eMMC chip/fwrev that's unable to handle MMC_CAP_ERASE commands (command 38) properly.

Have people tried completely unchecking "Erase flash" and "Erase bootloader" when flashing ROMs in USB Burning Tool?

Also, has anyone had better luck flashing from Mask ROM mode? In theory, this would be closer to the conditions it would see on first flash at the factory.

Comment

Ref Mask ROM mode.

This is best -
          ... Thanks Magendanz

Load the image in USB Burning Tool and hit Start
          Connect only the USB OTG cable
          Short the pins on the eMMC
          "Connected" noise
          Flash starts automatically

Pins-Z69 (Same as M8S Pro+?)

Is this the correct method - Answer = No (See Magendanz comment)
          Launch USB Burn Tool
          Short 2 Pins on reverse side of PCB
          ? Press-Hold Reset Button
          Connect Comp USB A-A
          Wait - Recognised-Connected
          Remove Short
          ? Release Reset

May need 3 hands ???

1 comment
          • Magendanz
            #698.1

Magendanz commented
            10-02-2017, 20:06

I actually find it's easier to load the image in USB Burning Tool and hit Start, connect only the USB OTG cable, and then short the pins on the eMMC. As soon as you get the right ones, you'll hear the sound from your PC as the WorldCup driver recognizes the device and the flash will start automatically.
          Last edited by P.X; 10-02-2017, 20:41. Reason: Edited in Best Method from Magendanz

Comment

To attempt a Mask ROM mode flash, am I correct that you keep pins shorted during the entire flash with USB Burning Tool? If this does allow for successful recovery, I guess the solution on the affected boxes is to solder a small switch on the pins to short when ROM update desired.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              No. Just a quick touch will do to enter Mask ROM mode. You shouldn't keep them shorted. It works like a reset switch.

Originally posted by P.X View Post
            Ref Mask ROM mode.

Is this the correct method

Launch USB Burn Tool
            Short 2 Pins on reverse side of PCB
            ? Press-Hold Reset Button
            Connect Comp USB A-A
            Wait - Recognised-Connected
            ? Release Reset

Pins-Z69 (Same as M8S Pro+?)
            I'm thinking we are going to need a few pairs of hands

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually find it's easier to load the image in USB Burning Tool and hit Start, connect only the USB OTG cable, and then short the pins on the eMMC. As soon as you get the right ones, you'll hear the sound from your PC as the WorldCup driver recognizes the device and the flash will start automatically.

Originally posted by essir View Post

ready any progress? I have the same mainboard like kml and you.
            You can see and compare on the link below:
            https://imgur.com/a/8j9dw
            I burned rom with Burn_Card_Maker.
            But recovery does not see any files on sdcard. I do not know where is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              So, if you're familiar with the BrickBug issue, you'll realize that this isn't the first time that Samsung eMMC controllers have had problems.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=27074278
              https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1693704
              https://www.xda-developers.com/deter...-got-brickbug/
              https://www.xda-developers.com/anoth...ous-brick-bug/

If what we're seeing is a related issue, the problem may also be that we've discovered another defective eMMC chip/fwrev that's unable to handle MMC_CAP_ERASE commands (command 38) properly.

Have people tried completely unchecking "Erase flash" and "Erase bootloader" when flashing ROMs in USB Burning Tool?

Also, has anyone had better luck flashing from Mask ROM mode? In theory, this would be closer to the conditions it would see on first flash at the factory.
              I actually just ran the ota zip (M8S_PRO+-ota-20170919.150557.V0619.zip) straight from the updater application and it was stuck at the mecool bootscreen. After that I unplugged it (after 10 minutes of waiting) and it bricked itself. Had to put it in mask mode to get it detect in image burn application which cant seem to pass uboot part (around 4%). I tried flashing without erasing, dosent' seem to make a difference. I did notice it progressing to %10 if I keep smashing the refresh button. I looked at the logs and its a bunch of checksum errors when its comparing partition size.
              Last edited by anthony96; 10-02-2017, 20:29.

Comment

Please help...

I manage to establish communication with my faulty box with samsung eMMC but now i have another problem..
                The procedure is stuck at 98%

What i am doing wrong?
                Any help?
                Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's failing verification. More proof that your eMMC is misbehaving.

Originally posted by kml View Post
                To all unlucky SEC701 owners!

I have that chip inside my box. I've flashed it with ATV just after arrival - without checking the installed firmware. That caused a lot of frustration and hangs. After checking almost all available firmwares, I have one that is rock-solid: M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321!

Flashed by: Burn_Card_Maker, all options ticked (erase in force). Filename changed to: m8s.img, card size: 8GB.

I can't say I'm happy, because that official firmware is a crap (I can't sort the 5.1 sound from Netflix, etc.), but the box works without any problems. I'll be happy to see an ATV solution
                I also managed to restore the original soft with M8S_PRO+-20170829.121614.V0321!.
                I used the Burn_Card_Maker with pendrive, becuase it was not working with sdcard.

Comment

I take always this

Is there anything that i have to do/try?

any other rom *.img to try?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post
                    Hello. First I would like to give congratulations for this great ROM! Really good job.

I have just one issue. The Google Play Store store is not working properly. When I access it, it appears only a very few apps for download, not the complete list of apps. Do you know any way to overcome this issue, in order to access the "real" google app store?

Thank you.
                    Hello Magendanz, thank you for your reply.

When is related to video apps, Netflix, Youtube and KODI provides every needs for sure, and then the ROM is GREAT. But I was also wondering if I could still play some android/emulation games in this BOX. Do you know if, since is an Android TV build, I will have issues to play games?

Also I was trying to use a cabled PS3 dualshock3 controller and no lucky so far. Can this be related to the Android TV build, or maybe is just me!?

Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, I just added a ton of game controller support to the M8S Pro release last night. I'll also include that in the next M8S Pro+ release.

Guest Is it safe to flash via OTA the new build if you were able to flash last ATV rom without problems?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. In fact, if you're upgrading from my last build based on V0619, I wouldn't even think a data wipe would be necessary.
                  Working...
                  X