Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    You are correct, this ROM will not run on the original M6.
    Thanks for the very fast reply! Do you know of a KitKat ROM for the original M6? Or are you planning to release one?

Many thanks for the ROMs so far by the way, they are awesome.

Comment

Yesterday decided to upgrade got Rileyrom 1.8.2. Upgrade was done in strict confirmation with instructions.
      I must admit that device is running much better. Even my camera is working. But I noticed that device doesn't go to deep sleep mode.
      Should I upgrade also kernel driver?

Comment

Originally posted by serhiy2000 View Post
        Yesterday decided to upgrade got Rileyrom 1.8.2. Upgrade was done in strict confirmation with instructions.
        I must admit that device is running much better. Even my camera is working. But I noticed that device doesn't go to deep sleep mode.
        Should I upgrade also kernel driver?
        You can try one of my 1.4 kernel or change the libril. Change the kernel will give you a better 3g reception.
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          You can try one of my 1.4 kernel or change the libril. Change the kernel will give you a better 3g reception.
          Actually I'm not using 3G. I'm using it on Wifi only for surfing and very rare as GPS navigator (by the way - it is very cool as GPS navigator). The only thing I need is Deepsleep mode. Will Kernel help?

Comment

Also having problem with Art optimizing on every reboot on 1.8.2

I have installed 1.8.2 and switched to Art but i get the optimizing app on every reboot too.
            Clean install, nothing restored with tb. If i reboot without updating the google apps (maps etc) i only get the optimizing 1 time. But at soon as i update anything or install apps from the google play store i get the optimizing of those apps everytime i reboot.
            Tried to install stock Kitkat rom and to my surprise it was the same. Upgrading Android all the time.
            Installed 1.8.0 and the problem disappeared. Only optimizing 1 time and after that everything was fine and my pipo booted very fast.
            I have looked for left over odex files from tb but dit not find any.
            Read somewhere that it could be caused by changing parameter 6gb. But using standard did not help.
            When i get home i will try to install the "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.3-20140629-signed.zip" to see if that helps.
            Maybe try the default kernel from 1.8.0?

Originally posted by Crandy2 View Post
            I used to, but not now. Before running the tests I mentioned above, 1.8.2 was reflashed clean, including erasing idb.

I had to use the 6gb parameter file to have enough space for all those apps with art. That was when I was getting the 68 apps that needed upgrading. Maybe that is a clue.

But I also tested with the default 4gb parameter file, with a very small number of apps, and it still had a few apps that needed upgrading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FatFreddyDK View Post
              I have installed 1.8.2 and switched to Art but i get the optimizing app on every reboot too.
              Clean install, nothing restored with tb. If i reboot without updating the google apps (maps etc) i only get the optimizing 1 time. But at soon as i update anything or install apps from the google play store i get the optimizing of those apps everytime i reboot.
              Tried to install stock Kitkat rom and to my surprise it was the same. Upgrading Android all the time.
              Installed 1.8.0 and the problem disappeared. Only optimizing 1 time and after that everything was fine and my pipo booted very fast.
              Read somewhere that it could be caused by changing parameter 6gb. But using standard did not help.
              When i get home i will try to install the "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.3-20140629-signed.zip" to see if that helps.
              kernel is not responsible of this behaviuor. This is a problem of Google apps (obsolete). On Rom 1.8 was ok. There is not a huge difference between 1.8 and 1.8.2 then you can stay with 1.8.
              I didn't have any issue with Titanium backup.

Comment

Originally posted by serhiy2000 View Post
                Actually I'm not using 3G. I'm using it on Wifi only for surfing and very rare as GPS navigator (by the way - it is very cool as GPS navigator). The only thing I need is Deepsleep mode. Will Kernel help?
                Kernels set 1.4 enable deep sleep and increase performance and battery duration. I suggest you to flash one of those.
                You will not lose any data.

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Yeah it's a shame that no progress has been made to fix this. My experience with art on this tablet was that it was extremely stable, after you went through the pain of rebuilding the art cache. I would go for days without rebooting. But eventually you have to reboot, and it just took too long to be practical. Maybe if enough people have the problem, a fix will be found.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, I have the RilleyRom 1.8.2 today I made a backup with twrp and now I'm in a boot loop..

Can I start the recovery with some key ? or I have to reflash the Rom ?
                    thanks

Comment

Try pushing the reset button on the back and power back on. It may boot to system that way...it may take a few attempts.

If you can't get out of the loop, you can flash just the misc.img file from this thread:

Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Unfortunately It stay to the boot animation.. even after flashing again the misc.img

You think I have to reflash the rom ?

thanks

Comment

It looks like that's your only option this time.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

optimizing problem solved for me

My problem with the optimizing app on every reboot, when switching to Art, was fixed by flashing this gapps "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed.zip"
                            Every thing is running smooth now. Much better than jb. Just ran antutu ones and got 22922 on stock kernel. Great.

Comment

My problem with the optimizing app on every reboot, when switching to Art, was fixed by flashing this gapps "pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed.zip"
                              Every thing is running smooth now. Much better than jb. Just ran antutu ones and got 22922 on stock kernel. Great.
                              how to install this zip file?

Comment

Reboot to recovery with the reboot app and install zip from there. Then reboot system.
                                I wiped dalvik cache and did a factory reset in recovery mode before i flashed gapps. Dont know if its necessary but i did. Rebooted system, restored with backup from titanium backup, updated all apps and switced to Art.
                                Originally posted by GZD View Post
                                how to install this zip file?
                                Last edited by FatFreddyDK; 09-03-2014, 08:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X