Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me explain what is happening.

I found out a while ago that you need stock recovery to format all of the partitions on first boot. That's why the initial flash is with stock recovery. When you change the size of the userdata partition all of the other files must move to their new locations. You must erase idb for all of this to work.

Since Abdul_pt has updated TWRP since I made this ROM, I will work on a new ROM today that includes it to install on first boot. Stay tuned.

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

OK, I've begun to work on a new ROM v1.8.1. This is still the newest Pipo firmware I can find for the M6 Pro...which is OK, because it's been pretty stable.

I'm changing a few things:

No more JB libril file...I'm sticking with the stock version which may improve 3G strength, but deep sleep may take a hit.

1.8 did not include the latest reboot app and the latest version of TWRP, so I'm including it in the pre-install folder, and it will install on first boot.

I'm leaving the custom kernels out of this ROM, because I don't know which versions are latest (I've lost track)...just follow this thread for the kernel updates.

If there is anything else I need to change...please let me know pretty quick.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        OK, I've begun to work on a new ROM v1.8.1. This is still the newest Pipo firmware I can find for the M6 Pro...which is OK, because it's been pretty stable.

I'm changing a few things:

No more JB libril file...I'm sticking with the stock version which may improve 3G strength, but deep sleep may take a hit.

1.8 did not include the latest reboot app and the latest version of TWRP, so I'm including it in the pre-install folder, and it will install on first boot.

I'm leaving the custom kernels out of this ROM, because I don't know which versions are latest (I've lost track)...just follow this thread for the kernel updates.

If there is anything else I need to change...please let me know pretty quick.
        Latest modded kernels are the gps_1.4 versions and with stock libril ENABLE deep sleep function.
        They are all available in the relevan thread, post #749
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

v1.8.1 ready for download

To show some love for the M6 Pro users, I've decided to make this my project for the day.

I've been holding out for a firmware update from Pipo, but I guess they are happy with this one...and really, so am I. It's the most stable of the KitKat firmware releases from Pipo.

This update is pretty much a polished off version of 1.8, with updates to TWRP, Reboot App, and a few things I've added to my kitchen since 1.8 came out.

Just use the same link in post #1 to download the new ROM...I didn't feel the need to keep the 1.8 link anymore.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Heeeelp!

First time rooter. Read all the schpiel. Had Rileyrom 1.8 working fine, then tried to flash to the low voltage kernel. Not sure what went wrong but now can't get my tablet to work.

The "hold esc, hold rest, hold power, release reset, release esc" technique gets me to the Riley Emblem/badge and no further.

Holding down volume + and power and then pressing reset, gets me to a picture of a dead android!

The ROM flash tool says "No Found RKAndroid rock USB"

On plugging it into windows sometimes it says "Device has malfunctioned". The rest of the time it doesn't register that anything has been plugged in.

HEEEELLP!

Comment

With the tablet connected via USB, open the loader and load the stock kernel as the kernel to flash.

Hold the Esc button on the tablet and press power.

The flash tool should see your tablet in loader mode.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Garnett View Post
                Heeeelp!

First time rooter. Read all the schpiel. Had Rileyrom 1.8 working fine, then tried to flash to the low voltage kernel. Not sure what went wrong but now can't get my tablet to work.

The "hold esc, hold rest, hold power, release reset, release esc" technique gets me to the Riley Emblem/badge and no further.

Holding down volume + and power and then pressing reset, gets me to a picture of a dead android!

The ROM flash tool says "No Found RKAndroid rock USB"

On plugging it into windows sometimes it says "Device has malfunctioned". The rest of the time it doesn't register that anything has been plugged in.

HEEEELLP!
                Try a kernel with more voltage for the CPU, YOU PROBABLY need a little more juice to get it stable!

Comment

man thank you for your effort

however the tablet became slow and many features are crashing
                  developeropion when i amgoingo open the table crashes again

what you recommend we should do?
                  Last edited by harryhatzi; 06-27-2014, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by harryhatzi View Post
                    man thank you for your effort

however the tablet became slow and many features are crashing
                    developeropion when i amgoingo open the table crashes again

what you recommend we should do?
                    if you use one of my modded "kernel_GPS_1.4" release, developer options MUST be disabled (as should be correct on a STABLE device!).

Comment

ok, i will flash it again and in kernel i will put yours
                      please do you have the direct link to your kernel because i am in a flash mode now?

edit: could not find it on dropbox

Comment

new 1.81

Originally posted by harryhatzi View Post
                        ok, i will flash it again and in kernel i will put yours
                        please do you have the direct link to your kernel because i am in a flash mode now?
                        1.Did you try try new ROM 1.81?
                        2. Did you try to switch to developer option ( settings->developer options -> switch from Dalvik framework to ART framework),suggested by Giouncino)? it was helpful as remember

Comment

yeap all that

but is still very very slow

i will try it all from the begining- to see what happens

all over again

ok a litte more quick nowbut stability problems still exists

launcher fails

sorry i give up
                          Last edited by harryhatzi; 06-27-2014, 14:09.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Riley - All that happens is the RileyRom emblem appears for a bit, and then the screen goes blank again. The flash tool flickers like it's constantly checking and refreshing, but never says "found".

Giouncino, I'm just going to stick with the kernel in the riley rom - it worked, and it seems like it was trying one of the other kernels that fecked everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Garnett View Post
                              Thanks for the replies, guys.

Riley - All that happens is the RileyRom emblem appears for a bit, and then the screen goes blank again. The flash tool flickers like it's constantly checking and refreshing, but never says "found".

Giouncino, I'm just going to stick with the kernel in the riley rom - it worked, and it seems like it was trying one of the other kernels that fecked everything up.
                              I'm sorry but I don't understand what you said (english is not my first language, and some of the words you used are a little bit cryptic for me...)

Comment

Using ART keeps updating apps every reboot

With 1.8.1 ROM, when I switch to ART runtime, everytime on reboot it keeps updating apps (however many I have installed).
                                I switched back to dalvik and seems OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X