Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GZD View Post
    use the same kernel as you before. everything is very good. fast and speed. but I start to meet sleep dead if I leave the pad sleep for 8 hours. Back to makkie one. no problem. not really sure how to solve that.
    You have a problem with a too low voltage setting for 216Mhz freq. That's why your tablet lock up when sleeping for a long time. in the next release I will raise a little the voltage for this specific frequency.
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

This is the most stable ROM I tried, (thanks Randy!),

BUT, sometimes the tablet stops responding, it needs to reboot. Then boot time lasts a long time and when it boots, desktop is black, top right menu (slide down) does not exist anymore, bottom menu does not come up (need to use the hardware back button).

Only thing to do: flash it again, titanium backup again, lose an hour again...

Anyone has an idea?

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by mounoi View Post
        This is the most stable ROM I tried, (thanks Randy!),

BUT, sometimes the tablet stops responding, it needs to reboot. Then boot time lasts a long time and when it boots, desktop is black, top right menu (slide down) does not exist anymore, bottom menu does not come up (need to use the hardware back button).

Only thing to do: flash it again, titanium backup again, lose an hour again...

Anyone has an idea?
        After wiping and fresh install, start with most important apps and install from play store. Restore only related data from titanium. Over time add additional apps and restore their data. It's time consuming but may flush out any rogue apps that may not play nicely with the kernel/ROM. I've had one random reboot in a month - the only reboot that I have done - and I was bouncing around quickly between several apps. Been very stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi experts,

I have a problem with the RR1.8 boot process.
          I had a fully working RR1.8 on my M6pro tablet but I tried to change kernel with a Giouncino's one. Unfortunatly looks that no one worked for my tablet, just the RR original one.

The problem is now that even switching back to the RR original kernel doesnt work anymore: it loops in the bootanimation process...even after 15mins waiting...

I have already re-downloaded, erased IDB and flashed everything again but looks that I cannot boot in the system anymore...

do you have any suggestion?

Thank you guys,
          Goll.

Comment

Caught in boot loop

Randy/Giouncino/anyone, I recently started experiencing a boot loop on my M6Pro. Several weeks ago I flashed RR KitKat 1.8 ROM and installed Giouncino's cpu1704h_VERY_LOW kernel. It has run rock solid until today. Now it hangs on Riley's boot animation screen. How do i proceed at this point to get the tablet to boot? Also, what could be causing this behavior? Thanks, Jim
            Last edited by jdv007; 05-31-2014, 04:10.

Comment

Originally posted by jdv007 View Post
              Randy/Giouncino/anyone, I recently started experiencing a boot loop on my M6Pro. Several weeks ago I flashed RR KitKat 1.8 ROM and installed Giouncino's cpu1704h_VERY_LOW kernel. It has run rock solid until today. Now it hangs on Riley's boot animation screen. How do i proceed at this point to get the tablet to boot? Also, what could be causing this behavior? Thanks, Jim
              You have installed an app that give you some trouble, or did you install the new TWRP recovery or just the one included in RR1.8?

Comment

Ciao Giouncino, solved!as I told you in the Italian forum: I discovered that the boot looping was due to the wrong recovery used for first installation. I was trying to install the RR1.8 with the new TWRP as first recovery. This was the reason of the boot loop.
                Switching back to the "original" recovery used in the RR1.8 and re-flashing everything I solved. Anyhow, the new TWRP works only after first system flash.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk now Free

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  You have installed an app that give you some trouble, or did you install the new TWRP recovery or just the one included in RR1.8?
                  I used RR1.8. Could be an app. How do I uninstall it if I can't boot the tablet?

Comment

I used RR1.8. Could be an app. How do I uninstall it if I can't boot the tablet?
                    you can't...

Comment

you can't...
                      Are you saying the only way to fix this is to re-flash the ROM?

Comment

Are you saying the only way to fix this is to re-flash the ROM?
                        unfortunately yes!

Comment

unfortunately yes!
                          I re-flashed RR 1.8 with stock ROM and restored my apps and settings with Titanium Pro. Back in business. Thinking about another kernel to speed up CPU. What's appears to be the best one available?

Comment

unfortunately yes!
                            I re-flashed RR 1.8 with stock kernal and restored my apps and settings with Titanium Pro. Back in business. Thinking about another kernel to speed up CPU. What's appears to be the best one available gioucino?

Comment

I re-flashed RR 1.8 with stock kernal and restored my apps and settings with Titanium Pro. Back in business. Thinking about another kernel to speed up CPU. What's appears to be the best one available gioucino?
                              try the kernel_GPS_1.4_target_2.1 it could work better for you

Comment

How to Unroot RR1.8 KitKat??

Hi all,

I've flashed RR 1.8 Kitkat. This system is smooth and more stable than JB. I just wonder how can I unroot this ROM. I want to install AirWatch to connect my company push e-mail but this AirWatch app need unroot system. I've tried on RootCloak without no luck even AirWatch is on the RootCloak compatible list.

Please advise.

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                                X