Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Guys !

I want to take a minute to express my thanks to both Randy Riley and giouncino. You guys have made my Pipo experience a good one.

It's easy to look on **** or other places on the internet and see the ads for cheap chinese tablets, and not really realize what you are getting into. Thanks to you guys, this Chinese tablet now rocks for us users in the US.

The latest development for me was the newest release of Gravity Box just 3 days ago (3.1). The Riley rom seems to be just vanilla enough to allow the newest release of Gravity Box to work well. The Combination of Riley's KK 1.8 rom, giouncino's 1.2 very low kernel, and the newest Gravity Box have given me about 99% of the functionality I have with my old Acer Tablet (and it is much faster with better battery life!).

Hopefully, this small donation to each of you will at least allow you to partake of your favorite beverage !

giouncino 3R943885EF002814M
    RRiley 08M17457H3447884M

Comment

Originally posted by Crandy2 View Post
      I want to take a minute to express my thanks to both Randy Riley and giouncino. You guys have made my Pipo experience a good one.

It's easy to look on **** or other places on the internet and see the ads for cheap chinese tablets, and not really realize what you are getting into. Thanks to you guys, this Chinese tablet now rocks for us users in the US.

The latest development for me was the newest release of Gravity Box just 3 days ago (3.1). The Riley rom seems to be just vanilla enough to allow the newest release of Gravity Box to work well. The Combination of Riley's KK 1.8 rom, giouncino's 1.2 very low kernel, and the newest Gravity Box have given me about 99% of the functionality I have with my old Acer Tablet (and it is much faster with better battery life!).

Hopefully, this small donation to each of you will at least allow you to partake of your favorite beverage !

giouncino 3R943885EF002814M
      RRiley 08M17457H3447884M
      Thank you so much!
      It's a pleasure when I see that my efforts are useful for others!
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
        I installed those games.no problem. can play for sure and i use the makkie's kernel. I used claro before. it gave me some strange problem then i change to makkies. almost a month now. no ploblem.
        Thanks. My pipo do not like kitkat. I tried, but its the same. Games Lagging. I realized the audio problem is the same on both 1.8 and 1.9. I know its possible to fix by opening the M6 but i leave it as it is. I reversed with a lot of trouble to 1.9 and i can live with that. No problems, running great but a tiny bit slower.

Comment

Waitin for the next KitKat Update

Thanks Randy and giouncino for this rom and oc'd kernel. Still waitin for updates if theres goin to be one

Comment

Camera preview freezing on first frame

Just wondered if anyone found any work-around for the issue of the camera preview screen freezing on the first frame on any app that uses the camera other than the stock camera.

It's mainly annoying for me in Skype because you can't tell in the video preview screen if you're framed properly when it gets stuck on the first frame. Also I was trying to use a barcode reader app and it's hard to get the label into the scan window when you don't get a real time view.

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
              Just wondered if anyone found any work-around for the issue of the camera preview screen freezing on the first frame on any app that uses the camera other than the stock camera.
              I have a same problem with this ROM.
              In Skype I found the solution: If you switch to the front/rear camera, the camera will work fine.
              In apps where there is no ability to switch cameras, camera use impossible.
              Really looking forward to fix this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzzF1 View Post
                I have a same problem with this ROM.
                In Skype I found the solution: If you switch to the front/rear camera, the camera will work fine.
                In apps where there is no ability to switch cameras, camera use impossible.
                Really looking forward to fix this bug.
                Thanks for the tip with Skype!

Comment

M6 Pro 1.8 KK to PIPO X5 Miracast not working

I can´t get Miracast between M6 Pro 1.8KK and the PIPO X5 working.
                  When the units start connecting to each other, the PIPO M6 Pro reboots.
                  The boot logo appears, and sometimes the graphics in the M6 has some errors.
                  Does anyone has the same problem?
                  Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by jojjo View Post
                    I can´t get Miracast between M6 Pro 1.8KK and the PIPO X5 working.
                    When the units start connecting to each other, the PIPO M6 Pro reboots.
                    The boot logo appears, and sometimes the graphics in the M6 has some errors.
                    Does anyone has the same problem?
                    Best regards.
                    Very bad news...
                    I've just bought the Pipo x5 but I'm still waiting to receive it...
                    This is a very bad news for me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                      Very bad news...
                      I've just bought the Pipo x5 but I'm still waiting to receive it...
                      This is a very bad news for me!!!
                      I can confirm that wifi screen mirroring crashes the tablet when running 1.8. It works fine on the JellyBean roms though.

Comment

Originally posted by jc0v View Post
                        I can confirm that wifi screen mirroring crashes the tablet when running 1.8. It works fine on the JellyBean roms though.
                        Did you try a modded kernel on kitkat?
                        It could improve compatibility with X5 too

Comment

Originally posted by jc0v View Post
                          Is RR 1.9 Jellybean working good on Pipo M6 Pro, or are there any points where the KK is better?
                          I am a novice...as far as I know, the most advantages for KK is on the phone, contacts and so on, am I correct? In that case I could run JB instead if the mirroring is working, because I don´t use the tablet for phone and contacts.

Comment

Is RR 1.9 Jellybean working good on Pipo M6 Pro, or are there any points where the KK is better?
                            I am a novice...as far as I know, the most advantages for KK is on the phone, contacts and so on, am I correct? In that case I could run JB instead if the mirroring is working, because I don´t use the tablet for phone and contacts.
                            KK is faster, more stable and has a better management of power consumption / CPU workload and so on...
                            So that come back to JB only for pipo X5 is a very bad news for me!

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                              KK is faster, more stable and has a better management of power consumption / CPU workload and so on...
                              So that come back to JB only for pipo X5 is a very bad news for me!
                              ok...is it possible for you "hackers" to fix it? Otherwise I have to go back to JB, or sell the X5 to someone that can use it, because the PIPO is the only unit I have that supports mirroring.
                              Thanks to all of you for this site

Comment

ok...is it possible for you "hackers" to fix it? Otherwise I have to go back to JB, or sell the X5 to someone that can use it, because the PIPO is the only unit I have that supports mirroring.
                                Thanks to all of you for this site
                                Try one of my modded kernel here:

Post #711

They could improve compatibility with pipo x5 giving you better performance and battery saving

Comment

Working...
                                X