Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

a few month I haven`t checked for new ROMs, so I am amazed about all this new stuff. But what is the most stable ROM at the moment? I am on 1.6. I have seen this 1.8 KK and 1.9 JB.

Greetings,
    Chris

Comment

I'm using the 1.8 KK ROM without any problems.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        For me is exactly the same: NEVER freeze or reboot
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

As far as freezing goes, I think some of that is based on CPU luck. I can use the over clocked ram kernel images but get SOD's at least once a week. With stock kernel I get SOD's every so often. I can't use the CPU over clocked kernels, refuses to boot or freezes immediately after boot up. I have a pretty unlucky CPU in my pipo m6 pro. I am currently running 1.8 KK which is much better than 1.6 on my tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            For me is exactly the same: NEVER freeze or reboot
            Same for me ! Its faster and smoother than the last Jellybean rom and the wifi signal is stronger.

My kids play all kinds of games (Grand theft auto etc) . Never freezes, no lagging !

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by jsager View Post
              As far as freezing goes, I think some of that is based on CPU luck. I can use the over clocked ram kernel images but get SOD's at least once a week. With stock kernel I get SOD's every so often. I can't use the CPU over clocked kernels, refuses to boot or freezes immediately after boot up. I have a pretty unlucky CPU in my pipo m6 pro. I am currently running 1.8 KK which is much better than 1.6 on my tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
              I'm somewhere in between. I can run vanilla RR 1.8 kitkat with no black screens, sod's, ever. But if I try to alter it, either with a different kernel, or a tweak or two with xposed framework, I will start getting an sod at least once a day, sometimes more often, depending on what it is
              The stock kernel doesn't have the GPS fix in it, so I keep trying for that "perfect" combination.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

TWRP Recovery problem.

When I try to do RESTORE, TWRP Recovery always hangs on the first block.
                No difference - internal or external memory.
                Reboot v1.2.2
                Different kernels.
                I flashed a few times.
                Where is my problem.
                Thank you.

Comment

For me is the same - TWRP always hangs

Wysłane z mojego HTC One przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Hi Randy,

Any luck to get an official Kitkat version on M6Pro, I guess RR 1.8 uses the beta versions?

Regards,
                    RedHatPerl

Comment

I have yet to see an "official" KK release from Pipo. However, v1.8 seems pretty stable to me with the stock kernel. Some have reported some freezes...but I haven't experienced any on mine.

The KK updates have been coming from Pipo tech support on request to Anna.

If you guys will inquire about updates from her, maybe she will provide a link to a newer version of KK. If she does send you a link, share it with us...and I can keep posting new KK ROM's.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

I have yet to see an "official" KK release from Pipo. However, v1.8 seems pretty stable to me with the stock kernel. Some have reported some freezes...but I haven't experienced any on mine.

The KK updates have been coming from Pipo tech support on request to Anna.

If you guys will inquire about updates from her, maybe she will provide a link to a newer version of KK. If she does send you a link, share it with us...and I can keep posting new KK ROM's.
                        I have posted them on Facebook.. Let's hope they have some plans for this..

Comment

Dear rrileypm.

Can you answer about my problem (posts #517, #518).

TWRP Recovery problem.
                          When I try to do RESTORE, TWRP Recovery always hangs on the first block.
                          No difference - internal or external memory.
                          Reboot v1.2.2
                          Different kernels.
                          I flashed a few times.
                          Where is my problem.
                          I will clarify that BACKUP is OK!
                          Thank you.

Comment

Abdul_pt is our TWRP developer. He can answer your questions better than I can about recovery problems.

I just did a backup of only the data partition (since it's the only thing different from the ROM).

The restore completed in 178 seconds, and did not hang for me.

Afterwards, the tablet booted to system just fine with all apps present.

Granted, the UI has some control glitches, still...you have to use the "back" button sometimes to get the screen to refresh. But TWRP didn't "Hang" for me.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

TWRP Recovery problem.

Abdul_pt is our TWRP developer. He can answer your questions better than I can about recovery problems.

I just did a backup of only the data partition (since it's the only thing different from the ROM).

The restore completed in 178 seconds, and did not hang for me.

Afterwards, the tablet booted to system just fine with all apps present.

Granted, the UI has some control glitches, still...you have to use the "back" button sometimes to get the screen to refresh. But TWRP didn't "Hang" for me.

I tried RESTORE only the data partition and everything is OK for me too.
                              Now it is enough for me.
                              Over time, I hope smart heads get everything right.
                              Thank you very much.

Comment

Randy and Giouncino, what kernel are you using with 1.8 KK ROM?

Comment

Working...
                                X