Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Razek View Post
    I´ve tried to flash kernel with The ROM_Flash_Tool_137 program. The tablet is correctly detected and flased. But when the tablet reboots, the kernel version is no changed. Any ideas? Thanks for your work.
    How do you know it hasn't changed?
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

I've tested the new TWRP you posted. I like the new theme!!!!!

The screen still doesn't refresh without a touch of the back button (on the screen) or a double touch of the desired item.

Here is the log:

Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by smokva View Post
        When i try to turn the integrated camera app on it says: "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera".
        Everything was working fine with original pipo jelly bean ROM. Than I installed Riley ROM 1.6.1 and it suddenly didn't work. Now I installed 1.8 ROM and it doesn't work again.
        I don't use cam on tablet so its not a biggie, but the flash is not working too and I would like to have it as a torch.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk
        Most likely a ribbon cable inside needs to be reseated or something and just coincidence it happened when you installed ROM. You could go back to stock if you wanted to check.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I've tested the new TWRP you posted. I like the new theme!!!!!

The screen still doesn't refresh without a touch of the back button (on the screen) or a double touch of the desired item.

Here is the log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byx...it?usp=sharing
          I can confirm the same, still has button lag. I use hardware ESC to clear stuck button then it works for a few more button presses before getting stuck again.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2

Comment

Them i need another favor.

Open terminal window or adb shell, type :
            - su
            - getevent - This will list all devices, note the path for the touch screen ct36x_ts, should be dev/input/event(some number)
            Now press CTRL+C or close terminal and reopen with SU
            - getevent -i dev/input/event(number from above) > sdcard/M6P_ct36x_info
            - getevent -l dev/input/event(number from above) > sdcard/M6P_ct36x_live
            This last command will record touch events to the file, i need some press and release event's. 3 should suffice.

And share with me those files
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
            then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
            $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Kernel

How do you know it hasn't changed?
              In Settings/About/Kernel Version nothing has changed.

And I´m using the same process i use with the 1.8 rom. So i don´t know what i´m doing wrong

Comment

And I´m using the same process i use with the 1.8 rom. So i don´t know what i´m doing wrong
                If you flashed one of my modded kernel, you will not see anything changed on tablet information, you will see the 1.7Ghz bar on CPU spy app. And you will see a new record for antutu benchmark:
                with stock kernel you are just below 20.000 points
                with a modded one you will go over 20.000 and can reach 21.000 points.
                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  If you flashed one of my modded kernel, you will not see anything changed on tablet information, you will see the 1.7Ghz bar on CPU spy app. And you will see a new record for antutu benchmark:
                  with stock kernel you are just below 20.000 points
                  with a modded one you will go over 20.000 and can reach 21.000 points.

Thank you!!! (I apologize for my ignorance)

RR 1.8 kernel low v2 works fine!!

Comment

Abdul, here you go:

Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

You won't see a change in what it says in the about screen. That display information isn't changed in the custom kernels. You just have to trust that the kernel flashed.

Whenever I make a custom kernel (which is very rare) I will brand the kernel with the proper description so it shows up on the boot screen...otherwise, there's no way of knowing which kernel you are running.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

M6 Pro dead!!

Not sure what happened yesterday but was playing a game on my tablet when I got the low battery notice. As soon as I plugged in the power supply the screen went black and shut down. I was unable to boot the tablet. Tried resetting via pinhole and still no response. Charger is OK. Tried another one and table still won't boot. Any thoughts on this? Voltage regulator? Something else? I sure don't like the thought of sending it back to China for repairs given the huge delays in shipping and repairs. I would appreciate help with this.
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Jim
                        Last edited by jdv007; 03-25-2014, 00:01.

Comment

You're mentioning multiple chargers...are they official Pipo chargers?

Be careful using other chargers with different specs. You can very easily burn out the voltage regulator on the battery.

That may be what happened. The exact symptoms will occur.

Also, be very careful to not discharge the battery all the way to zero. This also damages the regulator. The only solution is to exchange the tablet.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

You'I wanted to heare mentioning multiple chargers...are they official Pipo chargers?

Be careful using other chargers with different specs. You can very easily burn out the voltage regulator on the battery.

That may be what happened. The exact symptoms will occur.

Also, be very careful to not discharge the battery all the way to zero. This also damages the regulator. The only solution is to exchange the tablet.
                            Thanks Randy. Its not what I want to hear but it is what it is. I'm trying to justify to myself to get another new tablet and sending the M6 Pro in for repairs. I had a M9 Pro before exchanging it for the M6 Pro. I felt the M6 was a better tablet with more resolution although I never flashed the M9 with a custom ROM. Anyone have thoughts about the comparison of these two tablets? Sorry if this is not the correct forum for these questions.
                            Jim

Comment

Sure, it's OK to compare the tablets here.

As far as I know, it just depends on the screen size you are looking for. Overall, they are both good tablets.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Sure, it's OK to compare the tablets here.

As far as I know, it just depends on the screen size you are looking for. Overall, they are both good tablets.
                                Randy, you don't think I should try to re-flash the tablet???

Comment

Working...
                                X