Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to simplify #3
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by thorpe1968 View Post
      Odd I havent noticed any problems with this latest rom, in fact works better than the Jelly bean one, faster and no lagging. Also everything is compatible in the market!

Ray
      Have you tested applications using camera ?
      Applications
      -Drivea
      -iOnRoadLite
      -QR & Barcode Reader
      -IP Webcam
      -HDR Camera

There is problem with camera interface with kitkat, but no problem with Jelly Bean.

Comment

Since there is a workaround for the multiuser support via xposed, I'd like to add root rights to the 2nd (3rd, 4th, etc.) user, in order to move backups of apps between the users. If, by chance, someone has an idea it would be great

Comment

Originally posted by hikka View Post
          Have you tested applications using camera ?
          Applications
          -Drivea
          -iOnRoadLite
          -QR & Barcode Reader
          -IP Webcam
          -HDR Camera

There is problem with camera interface with kitkat, but no problem with Jelly Bean.

Yes I have not had any problems with camera or the camera software. I am running on a Pipo Max M6 PRO 32gb model with riley rom kitkat 1.8 and no modified kernels: using stock kernel that comes with riley rom.

Ray..

Comment

Originally posted by thorpe1968 View Post
            Yes I have not had any problems with camera or the camera software. I am running on a Pipo Max M6 PRO 32gb model with riley rom kitkat 1.8 and no modified kernels: using stock kernel that comes with riley rom.

Ray..
            My problem was not in included camera software with Riley 1.8 kitkat , but with the applications I mentioned. For example I could not get camera viewfinder working correctly on these applications. I had also Riley 1.8 and no modified kernel , but Pipo Max M6 Pro 16GB wifi version.
            I didn't find settings to repair the problem. It is mysterious, if others don't have this kind problems.

Comment

Just for information: modified kernels DO NOT affect in any way camera functionalities!
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Yes, the stock camera works fine but there's an incompatibility with third party camera apps. Either the view finder does not update properly or the app force closes.

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                  Yes, the stock camera works fine but there's an incompatibility with third party camera apps. Either the view finder does not update properly or the app force closes.
                  Actually in some third party applications its works - I use additional reality app called "За рулём AR" - and its worked out of box ☺. But bar scanner - not, it seems KK have some changes.

Comment

First of all thanks for this great rom. My m6 pro was slow and sluggish with jelly bean roms. Now it works fast....great!
                    But i have noticed that camera isnt working on 1.8 rom. To be honest it didnt work on 1.6 rom on my tablet toi.

Sent from my M6Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by smokva View Post
                      First of all thanks for this great rom. My m6 pro was slow and sluggish with jelly bean roms. Now it works fast....great!
                      But i have noticed that camera isnt working on 1.8 rom. To be honest it didnt work on 1.6 rom on my tablet toi.

Camera should work, apart from the issues mentioned above, otherwise you may have a hardware issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        I agree with you that Pipo had a very stable last Jellybean release...and many people have stuck with my 1.6.1 ROM without any problems.

All of Pipo's KitKat firmware is still classified as beta, with a list of known issues. When I sit down to make a ROM, I usually have know earthly idea whether the major things are fixed or not.
                        Ok no problem, that makes sense now with it being a beta base rom. I thought it a bit odd that I am seeing daily random reboots even on your kernel. Dont get me wrong this was great for a few weeks but about a week ago the reboots started and random freezes. There must be some sort of memory leakage going on in there corrupting system files. I guess as my tablet is in use for circa 12 hours a day mainly for web, music, office, netflix and email then I will see these things more regularly than others. Under 1.6 I had zero issues other than using ps3 joysticks. I will reflash the entire rom and see if that fixes the issues as changing kernels has made no difference. But this time not changing from the riley kernel as the low V2 kernel exhibited random volume button touches from time to time (am guessing that one just needs a fraction higher voltage to make stable) which I havent had since going back to the riley kernel.

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                          Camera should work, apart from the issues mentioned above, otherwise you may have a hardware issue.

When i try to turn the integrated camera app on it says: "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera".
                          Everything was working fine with original pipo jelly bean ROM. Than I installed Riley ROM 1.6.1 and it suddenly didn't work. Now I installed 1.8 ROM and it doesn't work again.
                          I don't use cam on tablet so its not a biggie, but the flash is not working too and I would like to have it as a torch.

Comment

Flashing kernel

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                            number #4
                            I´ve tried to flash kernel with The ROM_Flash_Tool_137 program. The tablet is correctly detected and flased. But when the tablet reboots, the kernel version is no changed. Any ideas? Thanks for your work.

Comment

I need someone to test a new TWRP. I'm trying to solve the screen issue, i implemented this patch on another RK31 tablet and it worked quite well.
                              This image could let you stuck on recovery without the possibility to choose anything, so considered yourself warned.
                              If that happens just flash a misc.img.

To the tester's i need the recovery.log, and feedback.
                              Thanks.

TWRP M6Pro
                              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Abdul, I can test it. Stay tuned.
                                Randy
                                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X