X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a different 4.4.2 ROM ?

Originally posted by zagoreos View Post
    Thank you!

I flashed a different 4.4.2 ROM , and it seems my device likes it better because now it is stable as a rock with no freezes at all.

Maybe there are some inconsistencies in the PIPO production line, that's why one KK ROM works fine and another freezes the device.
    Hi Zagoreos, sorry to be a bit off-topic, but can you share a link to "the other KK Rom" please.
    Although I am happy with the 1.8RR, I have a very unlucky cpu, so I have the occasional "Sleep of Death".
    For that reason I would like to try the one you are using.

Un saludo desde España

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
      Hi Zagoreos, sorry to be a bit off-topic, but can you share a link to "the other KK Rom" please.
      Although I am happy with the 1.8RR, I have a very unlucky cpu, so I have the occasional "Sleep of Death".
      For that reason I would like to try the one you are using.

Un saludo desde España
      Hello,
      I am not sure I can do this in Riley's thread... He has put a lot of work on this and it won't be nice for me to point to other sites, will it now?

You can google it though...

[EDIT] OK, after Riley's clearance, here is the link:
      Last edited by zagoreos; 03-27-2014, 18:51.

Comment

It's OK with me to post the link. For the sake of simplicity.

I fully understand that some tablets might function better with a different ROM. Or at least confirm that the problem is in the stock firmware.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

I need to revert back to JB since KK is not smooth on my tablet and can't support mod kernel,
          much better JB on mine.

What a pity!

I can only wait for a next release hoping the better

Thanks Randy for your support as usual

Comment

I did the same and went back to jb. KK 1.8 was just too unstable under heavy use regardless of kernel or reformatting. For me i had regular automatic rebooting of the tablet at random times under KK. Never mind I hear an official non beta release of KK is due anytime soon so hopefully that will fix the issues with the beta ROMs. I partly went back to 1.6 to see if I had a faulty tablet, but its stable now under 1.6 with no crashing or random rebooting. Thanks for your hard work though Randy I will definitely be putting on KK when the non beta version is out from pipo as its memory management alone is better than jelly bean and the tablet was more responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by claro966 View Post
              I need to revert back to JB since KK is not smooth on my tablet and can't support mod kernel,
              much better JB on mine.

What a pity!

I can only wait for a next release hoping the better

Thanks Randy for your support as usual
              Why don't you try the other KK ROM for a day? In my case, propably not one of the best CPU devices, the other ROM may not be as good as Riley's in terms of apps but it is stable....
              Last edited by zagoreos; 03-28-2014, 11:16.

Comment

Play Store issue

I've flashed this ROM on my M6Pro and I really like how much more responsive and smooth it all feels compared to JB. Thanks, Randy!

Unfortunately, I'm not able to download or update any apps in the Play Store. They start but nothing is actually downloaded. Every once in a while the message "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" pops up (the app itself continues to work, though) and after an hour or so the downloads pop up as errors in the notification bar.

I've tried logging in and out, deleting my Google account and re-adding it, disabling Play Store and Play Services and deleting their cache and data but all to no avail. Does anyone have an idea what else I could try or has anyone had the same issue? Your replies will be much appreciated!

Comment

I had that trouble yesterday. I think Google had a network problem. Try again, today.

Sent from my IfiveMini3 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Soon to be back in business...

I returned my M6Pro to Geekbuying for repairs. I also ordered a M9Pro that will be in my hands next Tuesday. First thing out of the box will be rooting the M9.

Comment

Just to eliminate

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      It's OK with me to post the link. For the sake of simplicity.

I fully understand that some tablets might function better with a different ROM. Or at least confirm that the problem is in the stock firmware.
                      Thanks Riley,

I am a great fan of your Rom's, this site and your work was the reason I got myself a PipoM6Pro.

As it turns out, my M6Pro cannot run ANY other kernel but stock, and even then it does sleep forever now and then.
                      Or, during a thrilling match of WordFeud, it just freezes, so this is the only reason I am trying "the other ROM".

If the kernel-part basically is still stock, I assume I will encounter the same behaviour, but this will be confirmed this weekend.
                      If so, my M6Pro will revert to RR1.8 !

Thanks again,

satbeginner

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
                        Thanks Riley,

I am a great fan of your Rom's, this site and your work was the reason I got myself a PipoM6Pro.

As it turns out, my M6Pro cannot run ANY other kernel but stock, and even then it does sleep forever now and then.
                        Or, during a thrilling match of WordFeud, it just freezes, so this is the only reason I am trying "the other ROM".

If the kernel-part basically is still stock, I assume I will encounter the same behaviour, but this will be confirmed this weekend.
                        If so, my M6Pro will revert to RR1.8 !

Thanks again,

satbeginner
                        I think that your problem with custom kernel is the RAM freq. set to 720Mhz.
                        Just for information: do you have a serial number that begins with PM6PRON13 or N14? I think that on N14 models Pipo began to sell tablets with less tolerant RAM chips...
                        As soon as I have spare time I will prepare new kernels wit rams set to 648 or 672Mhz. I can bet that more tablets that now are not working with ram set to 720Mhz will work perfectly with rams set to 648 or 672Mhz!

Stay tuned!
                        (you can use my custom kernels also with arctablet "kasty" ROMs)
                        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                          I think that your problem with custom kernel is the RAM freq. set to 720Mhz.
                          Just for information: do you have a serial number that begins with PM6PRON13 or N14? I think that on N14 models Pipo began to sell tablets with less tolerant RAM chips...
                          As soon as I have spare time I will prepare new kernels wit rams set to 648 or 672Mhz. I can bet that more tablets that now are not working with ram set to 720Mhz will work perfectly with rams set to 648 or 672Mhz!

Stay tuned!
                          (you can use my custom kernels also with arctablet "kasty" ROMs)
                          good to hear you will put new kernel.I USE N13 right now.maybe that why when IUse the claro kernel.it works but it will give me some strange trouble. so i have to keep stock kernel. if you put new one i will try.

Comment

Hi! How i can enable multiuser?

Comment

There is a multi user module for an app called Xposed Framework.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

The repository is accessible from within the app. You must activate the app, then browse the repository for the multi-user module and install it. It takes a couple of reboots to work, but you will have multi-user support easier than any other solution I've found.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                There is a multi user module for an app called Xposed Framework.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401

The repository is accessible from within the app. You must activate the app, then browse the repository for the multi-user module and install it. It takes a couple of reboots to work, but you will have multi-user support easier than any other solution I've found.
                                Thank you! You're awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X