No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't hurt to try one more time...if you can get it to power up in flash mode.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thank you RR Downloading for testing
      Originally posted by giouncino View Post
      Satbeginner,
      you're right, I discovered the same thing: the "new" interactive governor uses much more the higher frequencies of the CPU. But don't worry, the battery will lasts a little bit more wrt Jelly Bean!

Randy,
      just a couple of things:
      1 - your release is based on the stock one of February 13rd (not the 02/20).
      2 - EVERY boot needs almost 50 sec, the stock needs only 34sec... This is the very bad thing!
      3 - With 1.8 "final" I can confirm that now ART is working properly

Comment

Can I flash my M6 Pro with Rockchip Flashing Tool v1.7?

The thing is I cannot stand the daily freezes of my M6 Pro with the -otherwise excellent - Riley ROM 1.8, so I was thinking of trying out another 4.4.2 ROM, the one found in arctablet forum.

My question is, is there some incompatibility between the KitKat loader currently on my M6 Pro and the Rockchip flashing tool or the other ROM?

I mean, are all 4.4.2 loaders the same?

Comment

Originally posted by zagoreos View Post
          Can I flash my M6 Pro with Rockchip Flashing Tool v1.7?

The thing is I cannot stand the daily freezes of my M6 Pro with the -otherwise excellent - Riley ROM 1.8, so I was thinking of trying out another 4.4.2 ROM, the one found in arctablet forum.

My question is, is there some incompatibility between the KitKat loader currently on my M6 Pro and the Rockchip flashing tool or the other ROM?

I mean, are all 4.4.2 loaders the same?
          yes, you can, no problems for the loader:
          with Rockchip Flashing Tool v1.7 the loader is flashed every time!
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Dead M6 Pro...

Originally posted by jdv007 View Post
            Thanks Randy. Its not what I want to hear but it is what it is. I'm trying to justify to myself to get another new tablet and sending the M6 Pro in for repairs. I had a M9 Pro before exchanging it for the M6 Pro. I felt the M6 was a better tablet with more resolution although I never flashed the M9 with a custom ROM. Anyone have thoughts about the comparison of these two tablets? Sorry if this is not the correct forum for these questions.
            Jim
            Hi all. As I reported earlier, my tablet appears to be completely dead and needs to go back to China for repairs. I had a recent Titanium backup but its on the internal card. Does anyone know how to retrieve this backup with a dead tablet? Sure would like to have this backup before sending it back overseas. I think my voltage regulator is toast, thereby no sign of life. Tried another charger and still no results. If the tablet is dead, is there any possibility of communicating with it via flash tool? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jim

Comment

Pin hole reset on the back of Pipo, connect USB cable then (Vol`+`) and (Power) buttons together. Check if FlahTool has detected your tablet.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One przy użyciu Tapatalka
              Last edited by porthos; 03-24-2014, 16:15.

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
                one rom feb 20 release from pipo. not really sure what is the difference. 1.8 almost perfect for me except the battery runs very fast.

link for the new rom : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTsOCOv?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c
                did anybody try this feb20 rom. looks like the vesion number is 242 insteade of 241 what we currently use. not sure any change.

Comment

Originally posted by jdv007 View Post
                  Not sure what happened yesterday but was playing a game on my tablet when I got the low battery notice. As soon as I plugged in the power supply the screen went black and ahut down. I was unable to boot the tablet. Tried resetting via pinhole and still no response. Charger is OK. Tried another one and table still won't boot. Any thoughts on this? Voltage regulator? Something else? I sure don't like the thought of sending it back to China for repairs given the huge delays in shipping and repairs. I would appreciate help with this.
                  Thanks in advance.
                  Jim
                  Hello,
                  I have the same "black tablet" problem. No answer unfortunetelly. I am thinkinf of opening it and check the power connector. (I can feel no heat when plugin in the charger for a "long" time)

Comment

Originally posted by GZD View Post
                    did anybody try this feb20 rom. looks like the vesion number is 242 insteade of 241 what we currently use. not sure any change.
                    I tested it for a while together with the one of feb13 (we have 7 m6pro in my office).
                    I didn't see any appreciable difference between the two
                    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by jipux View Post
                      Hello,
                      I have the same "black tablet" problem. No answer unfortunetelly. I am thinkinf of opening it and check the power connector. (I can feel no heat when plugin in the charger for a "long" time)
                      Many Android devices need software to control charging battery and if battery is empty the charging cannot start. If there is not slow battery wakeup charging, then you have open the device and charge battery by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by jipux View Post
                        Hello,
                        I thought about opening mine, but I am a little nervous about doing that for fear of breaking it or voiding the warranty. Does anyone have good instructions on opening the M6 Pro? Is it difficult or easy to damage the tablet? One other question....will GeekBuying/PIPO have an issue with the warranty because I've flashed a custom ROM (RR 1.6) on the device? Thanks very much everyone for your input on this. Jim

Comment

If the tablet won't come on, they won't know that you have a custom firmware loaded....but Geekbuying understands the benefits of running custom firmware and has been a valuable partner in our development efforts, so I don't think they will mind. We have designed custom firmware especially for them, and some of our boot screens have the Geekbuying logo as credit for their support.

The tough part to getting the back off is getting started.

With an small sharp object (scalpel blade/knife) you need to start on a corner opposite the buttons/jacks. Gently pry until the snap releases. Use a credit card or, even better, a guitar pick to hold the case open while you work your way around unsnapping the holders. Just be careful not to scratch the case or the frame while you are working...but you will need to apply some force. Just watch for flying objects when you get around to buttons and cameras and stuff, because they will need to go back the way they were.

I'm not sure you will gain much by opening the tablet, though. I fear the problem is in the voltage regulator for the battery. You can't tell anything about it by visualization. If that is fried...then you are better off just directing your efforts to the exchange process.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            If the tablet won't come on, they won't know that you have a custom firmware loaded....but Geekbuying understands the benefits of running custom firmware and has been a valuable partner in our development efforts, so I don't think they will mind. We have designed custom firmware especially for them, and some of our boot screens have the Geekbuying logo as credit for their support.

The tough part to getting the back off is getting started.

With an small sharp object (scalpel blade/knife) you need to start on a corner opposite the buttons/jacks. Gently pry until the snap releases. Use a credit card or, even better, a guitar pick to hold the case open while you work your way around unsnapping the holders. Just be careful not to scratch the case or the frame while you are working...but you will need to apply some force. Just watch for flying objects when you get around to buttons and cameras and stuff, because they will need to go back the way they were.

I'm not sure you will gain much by opening the tablet, though. I fear the problem is in the voltage regulator for the battery. You can't tell anything about it by visualization. If that is fried...then you are better off just directing your efforts to the exchange process.
                            As always, thanks Randy. I've been in touch with GeekBuying and have arranged for a return for repairs. Have you or anyone from the US ever returned anything to China? The last time I did, it cost about $40 via the US Postal Service. As far as I know that's the cheapest method.

Comment

You are correct. I just sent a box to Singapore last week and it was $34.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

So i need some volunteer(s) to test this recovery

Don't know the outcome, so be warned. Just need recovery.log.

TWRP M6Pro
                                if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                                then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                                $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Working...
                                X