Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on TWRP?

Hi there,
    Just updated my M6Pro to RileyROM 1.8, and it's truly awesome!

I've rebooted in Recovery mode to Nandroid backup but now I'm stuck in TWRP.

Choosing either options of the Reboot menu, I always reboot to TWRP and can't access the system again.

Can you please help me?

EDITED: Got the answer http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Here-s-a-fix

Sorry!

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Originally posted by PrDubis View Post
      Hi there,
      Just updated my M6Pro to RileyROM 1.8, and it's truly awesome!

I've rebooted in Recovery mode to Nandroid backup but now I'm stuck in TWRP.

Choosing either options of the Reboot menu, I always reboot to TWRP and can't access the system again.

Can you please help me?

See the OP of this thread, there's a warning about this and link to fix. It comes from using the reboot app and you need to flash a new misc.img

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
        See the OP of this thread, there's a warning about this and link to fix. It comes from using the reboot app and you need to flash a new misc.img

Sent from Tapatalk on my m6pro running RR 1.8 KK, kernel low V2
        Thanks for your fast reply!

Comment

Pettus has posted an update to the reboot app that fixes that problem. Just look for it in the app developer's kitchen.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by mrpraline2 View Post
            My compass is also bad it seems consistently to be off by 180 deg.
            I tried many compass calibrations but no success.
            One thing I noticed is that in there I a magnet in the protective cover I bought with the tablet.

However also without the cover I get no good results. Some people say it has to do with the loudspeakers. If you hold a real compass close to the tablet front, it will move strangely when you hold it near the bottom half of the screen. That is with the on off button on the right-top side. I don't know where the actual compass chip is on the main board but that may be the problem.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6Pro met Tapatalk
            I think that definitively there's no way to find a solution to compass, also on mine it's 180 degree off. It must be an hardware bug.

Comment

signal 3g

Hello, what happened since I updated to 1.8 RR kitkat, I can no longer connect to 3g network? I own network 2g, 3g network even if I put as a favorite. Can you tell me if it is a firmware bug? Then you do not see the signal level. Whatever you see only a notch, even if this is a good sign. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                press: erase IDB then flash the new rom again
                Tried it but did not work. My pb is worse now... :
                The tablet seems not to switch on now (the screen remains black). (wall charger on)
                I do not know what to do. I tried POWER/Volume+ conbination but I am still stuck.
                Could it be a harware issue?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Comment

Any solution about 3g Power up + deep Sleep ? ... With pipo kk 1.8 my batery scale down fast...usualy 100% to 50% very fast even with brightness lower, then when gets to 50%, it stay a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by annaepi View Post
                    Hello, what happened since I updated to 1.8 RR kitkat, I can no longer connect to 3g network? I own network 2g, 3g network even if I put as a favorite. Can you tell me if it is a firmware bug? Then you do not see the signal level. Whatever you see only a notch, even if this is a good sign. Thank you.
                    here is the stock libril file that needed to be EXTRACTED from the .zip and placed with a file explorer into: /system/lib/ folder overwriting the RileyROM libril file.
                    Pay attention that the system folder has to be enabled in R/RW mode (otherwise you will not be able to copy the file).

[ATTACH]5546[/ATTACH]

After that, reboot the tablet.
                    With this file: 3G will be better, but you will loose deep sleep functionality (I suggest you to backup original libril file somewhere else).

This file is compatible with all kitkat releases of RK3188 tablets (this file has been extracted from the M6pro stock kitkat release).

Here is Giouncino's help for the issue.
                    Giouncino:
                    Unfortunately, claro kernel with this libril seems to consume battery really fast. Is there any way to reduce that?I don't mean only in sleep mode, but also in use. I have been shutting it down... Or is there some settings that are different?

Comment

Originally posted by annaepi View Post
                      I use RR1.8 (Claro kernel) and I'm 3G connected (-91dBm). Pipo sometimes switches between 2G and 3G but it's quite stable. Yes, comparing to RR1.6 KitKat seems to have worse 3G reception or maybe it's the signal indicator issue - I always have one bar displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                        Here is Giouncino's help for the issue.
                        Giouncino:
                        Unfortunately, claro kernel with this libril seems to consume battery really fast. Is there any way to reduce that?I don't mean only in sleep mode, but also in use. I have been shutting it down... Or is there some settings that are different?
                        This is due to the libril file doesn't help battery duration, it is not a matter of my kernels.
                        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

This is due to the libril file doesn't help battery duration, it is not a matter of my kernels.
                          Damn... Well, better with that than without 3G at all. Lucky they are easy to change, 'cos I only need 3G out of home.

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                            Damn... Well, better with that than without 3G at all. Lucky they are easy to change, 'cos I only need 3G out of home.
                            We need that the Pipo developers "wake up" and optimize the file to use 3G AND deep sleep NATIVELY in kitkat, without use files coming from Jelly Bean as we are doing now with custom roms...
                            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Multi-user support missing

Has the place to add users changed or is multi-user support missing from KitKat?

I can add additional Google accounts but there is no Users tab in settings to add a secondary user.

Comment

The jellybean method for multi user doesn't work in KitKat.

There is an Xposed Framework module that you can install yourself that seems to work well.
                                Randy
                                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X