No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.8 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm that the xposed framework module for muli-user is working on my M6Pro 16GB RR 1.8.
    Just installed it.
    Cool, thx for mentioning it Riley, I must have missed that.

Comment

OK thanks I will try that. Does it come from the Google Play store or do I download it from somewhere else.

What about changing max-users would that work on KitKat / Riley ROM 1.8?

Comment

Originally posted by NickC_UK View Post
        OK thanks I will try that. Does it come from the Google Play store or do I download it from somewhere else.

What about changing max-users would that work on KitKat / Riley ROM 1.8?
        It is not on PlayStore. Google for xposed, you have to install xposed first and then, from xposed you will be able to install a lot of modules.

Comment

The build.prop setting doesn't work anymore in KitKat.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Flashing kernel

Hello!
            I have a quetion, what lines i have to check for flashing kernel? I´ve tried several conbinations but..Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	433312

Comment

Originally posted by Razek View Post
              Hello!
              I have a quetion, what lines i have to check for flashing kernel? I´ve tried several conbinations but..[ATTACH=CONFIG]5753[/ATTACH]
              number #4
              if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

kernels

Well I mustered up the guts to try flashing another kernel, and it froze up at riley rom badge image, so tried to reflash it back: again computer wouldnt recognize it. After a lot of colorful metaphors and time passing managed to get it to come up and I flashed the original kernel as quick as I could and now I have a working tablet again.

I gotta say Riley Rom 1.8 KitKat works great with stock kernel, and is so stable. I think I am just going to leave the stock kernel.

Thanks again Riley for making our awesome tablet more awesome!

Ray..

Comment

Originally posted by thorpe1968 View Post
                  Well I mustered up the guts to try flashing another kernel, and it froze up at riley rom badge image, so tried to reflash it back: again computer wouldnt recognize it. After a lot of colorful metaphors and time passing managed to get it to come up and I flashed the original kernel as quick as I could and now I have a working tablet again.

I gotta say Riley Rom 1.8 KitKat works great with stock kernel, and is so stable. I think I am just going to leave the stock kernel.

Thanks again Riley for making our awesome tablet more awesome!

Ray..
                  If you have problems getting stock kernel back, from an off condition you just need to press "power button and volume +" at the same time when the tablet is connected to the PC: in such a way the tablet is immediately recognized by the flash tool.

Then you can try another modified kernel.

Modified kernels doesn't work properly on ANY tablet, it depends on how "lucky" is your CPU (as I said a LOT of times).
                  BUT in 90% of the tablet the kernel with RAM overclocked only will work.

The one that need a "very lucky CPU" is the Low_voltage_v2.

Comment

There is a way to use by programming the 2 files "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" ??? the stock kk 1.8 riley for deepsleep, and if the 3g is on use "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" changed by giouncino ???

today i have to overwrite the file when i need deep sleep or 3g power.... I have to say that kk 1.8 is very stable... i'm very happy with it.... i tried giouncino's Low_voltage_v2, but the tablet turn off alone or freezes.... I flash the giouncino's v2 after flash stock kk 1.8 riley, and replacing the file kernel on the finless rom flash tool.... I suppose i did it right....if not, let me know...

If there's a way about deep sleep + 3g, please share with us...

Thanks

Victor Antunes

Comment

Originally posted by sonicvfa View Post
                      There is a way to use by programming the 2 files "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" ??? the stock kk 1.8 riley for deepsleep, and if the 3g is on use "libril-rk29-dataonly.so" changed by giouncino ???

today i have to overwrite the file when i need deep sleep or 3g power.... I have to say that kk 1.8 is very stable... i'm very happy with it.... i tried giouncino's Low_voltage_v2, but the tablet turn off alone or freezes.... I flash the giouncino's v2 after flash stock kk 1.8 riley, and replacing the file kernel on the finless rom flash tool.... I suppose i did it right....if not, let me know...

If there's a way about deep sleep + 3g, please share with us...

Thanks

Victor Antunes
                      deep sleep + good 3g??? Ask to pipo.cn customer care (i did it 3-4 times without any result, but who knows???)

Comment

I suspect all may not be as it seems with the base rom. After a couple of weeks of testing I have seen random occurances daily e.g. the volume increases one step when the tablet hasn't been touched at odd times Then lately i have had random crashes./reboots I originally thought it may be the low v2 kernal last night so changed back to the original Riley kernel. But 12 hours later another random crash and reboot. As I am a very heavy user of my tablet faults appear quickly so I will try some more of gioucino kernals to see if they improve the stability over the standard riley supplied and low v2 kernels. But I have a nagging feeling this is an issue in the base ROM which obviously is a manufacturer fix only. So we may have to wait for pipo or i get my coding head on (am an ex commodore and 3com developer) and see if i can figure out the issue. Obviously tho that takes time. Just for completeness of this post rileyrom 1.6 was dead stable for me with zero crashes or reboots. I will report back my findings in a few days.

Comment

I agree with you that Pipo had a very stable last Jellybean release...and many people have stuck with my 1.6.1 ROM without any problems.

All of Pipo's KitKat firmware is still classified as beta, with a list of known issues. When I sit down to make a ROM, I usually have know earthly idea whether the major things are fixed or not.

I only recommend the KitKat ROMs to people who want to try the latest Android and are willing to put up with the known problems.

This firmware was focused on getting GPS working...and while it isn't perfect...it does power up and work, although not quite as good as with Jellybean.

I will continue to make ROMs as Pipo continues to release updates for KitKat. Since I can't change anything in the kernel...we are at the mercy of the Pipo firmware developers to get the whole package.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            I agree with you that Pipo had a very stable last Jellybean release...and many people have stuck with my 1.6.1 ROM without any problems.

All of Pipo's KitKat firmware is still classified as beta, with a list of known issues. When I sit down to make a ROM, I usually have know earthly idea whether the major things are fixed or not.

I only recommend the KitKat ROMs to people who want to try the latest Android and are willing to put up with the known problems.

This firmware was focused on getting GPS working...and while it isn't perfect...it does power up and work, although not quite as good as with Jellybean.

I will continue to make ROMs as Pipo continues to release updates for KitKat. Since I can't change anything in the kernel...we are at the mercy of the Pipo firmware developers to get the whole package.

Odd I havent noticed any problems with this latest rom, in fact works better than the Jelly bean one, faster and no lagging. Also everything is compatible in the market!

Ray

Comment

I'm not saying this KitKat ROM isn't bad at all. I run it for everyday use and have only experienced one freeze that required a reset.

I'm just saying that results may vary...depending on your hardware reliability. Gioucino calls it "Lucky CPU".
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                I'm not saying this KitKat ROM isn't bad at all. I run it for everyday use and have only experienced one freeze that required a reset.

I'm just saying that results may vary...depending on your hardware reliability. Gioucino calls it "Lucky CPU".
                                Lucky CPU is a requirement for modified kernel only.
                                With Stock kernels ALL the PIPO tablets on the market should be reliable, because I suppose that PIPO performed a study to choose the correct parameters to make stable, for this reason if a tablet with stock kernel freeze the reasons should be:

1 - App used not correctly coded for the Operative System in use (JB or KK)
                                2 - the operative systems is still beta and need further optimization to be 100% stable
                                3 - the tablet has an hardware issue that make it unstable (ram problem, CPU issue, voltage regulator isssues, battery fluctuations and so on).

When Pipo stops the development for the specific model I hope that the option number 2 is no more applicable.

At the moment I can say that 1.8 wit low_voltage_V2 kernel is 100% stable on my specific tablet (NEVER freezed so far). KitKat ROMs for M6pro for me are the first 100% stable. With JB I needed to reset the tablet at least a couple of time in the period of time I've used these ROM.

Comment

Working...
                                X